Follow

White Lantern Corps

Team » White Lantern Corps appears in 42 issues.

The White Lantern Corps was formed by The Entity to combat Nekron and his Black Lantern Corps and end The Blackest Night. Wills the user to want to live.

White Lantern soon to be?

• 110 results
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Rainbow Lantern in 2011

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By DEGRAAF

i think a rainbow lantern would just look to fruity. I would have to be a white lantern or something and htey could still have all the emotions except the black one and they would definitely become more powerful than sinestro.

they will probably make it so only one person can become that type of lantern and it will of been an urban legend or something to the guardians or whatever the lil blue people are on OA. Who ever becomes that one ultimate being could possibly be the incarnation of the emotion power spectrum its self. Kinda like Jean Gray was for the Pheonix Force in marvel. Hal Jordan WILL become the incarnation of the emotional power spectrum at some point

The Englander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By The Englander

How about Grey Lantern?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By warlock360
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "

i think a rainbow lantern would just look to fruity. I would have to be a white lantern or something and htey could still have all the emotions except the black one and they would definitely become more powerful than sinestro.

they will probably make it so only one person can become that type of lantern and it will of been an urban legend or something to the guardians or whatever the lil blue people are on OA. Who ever becomes that one ultimate being could possibly be the incarnation of the emotion power spectrum its self. Kinda like Jean Gray was for the Pheonix Force in marvel. Hal Jordan WILL become the incarnation of the emotional power spectrum at some point

"
    Rainbow lantern would still be white since when you mix all coloors thats what you get
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DEGRAAF

this is with out a doubt coming to pass. That or the destruction of the green lanterns or atleast destruction of the guardians. Ive been readin thru from rebirth on in GL stories TPB and they all talk about hiding emotions and containing emotions. either all the lantern colors will come together to fight off the black lanterns bc they will say something like "to have emotion is to live and not having all emotions is to be partly dead in some way" So either they will all work together to defeat the black lanterns, Hal or Kyle will become something along the lines of white lanterns or there will be some kind of ultimate being that say it is the controller of all the powers in th emotional spectrum and he will defeat the black lanterns at the last possible moment

vaage-aina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vaage-aina
    @White Mage said:
    " Nobody said:
    "What emotion would be attached to it if they had one?"
    They'd be like Buddha or somethin.  Hell, I don't know.  With all of these stupid colors and species, the Lantern corps will be guest starring in the next power rangers series eventually. "
    hahahahahhahhahahaa
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Methos
    *feels physically sick after reading this thread*

M
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58  Edited By Nahero

rainbow lantern my ass the last thing we want to do is put homosexuality in the emotional spectrum

people keep complaining about not having a white lantern and writers usually do what the fans like

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By ninjadude853

i seriously think that a white lantern would be impossble, because white, is a combo of all colors, which would mean that someone would have to wear a green, red, blue, yellow, violet, and orange ring, and also have an indigo staff, in other words, use all of the corps emotions, and since things like hope and fear, rage and love, compassian and greed conflict with each other, using all of the power rings (and stafft) would be too conflicting to use all at once

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By burr787

I don't get why everyone is so against all the corps., it's a big universe, there's bound to be a lot of other species and Corps. out there.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Nahero
    @burr787 said:
    " I don't get why everyone is so against all the corps., it's a big universe, there's bound to be a lot of other species and Corps. out there. "
    i know what you mean but people tend to B*tch about everything ya know.

@ninjadude853 said:
    " i seriously think that a white lantern would be impossble, because white, is a combo of all colors, which would mean that someone would have to wear a green, red, blue, yellow, violet, and orange ring, and also have an indigo staff, in other words, use all of the corps emotions, and since things like hope and fear, rage and love, compassian and greed conflict with each other, using all of the power rings (and stafft) would be too conflicting to use all at once "
    i liked the idea too back along while ago but others most definitely don't like the idea

Avatar image for ben_doverand_taykit
    Ben Doverand Taykit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I HAVE FOUND THE SACRED WHITE LANTERNS!!!!!(Actually Methos did but I have no problem at all taking credit)

No Caption Provided

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Nahero
    @Ben Doverand Taykit said:
    " I HAVE FOUND THE SACRED WHITE LANTERNS!!!!!(Actually Methos did but I have no problem at all taking credit)

No Caption Provided
    "
    that is a good costume without the KKK hat
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#64  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

I think there may actually end up being white lanterns due to evidence from Blackest Night #2 and Blackest Night Titans #1 

Spoiler Alert!  

The Black Power Rings were unable to affect Don Hall, who they claimed was at peace. When they tried to read the current Dove's emotions, they failed, showing white light and a squiggle in the text box. Is peace the emotion for the White Lanterns? 
    Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By Rothschild
    @Icarusflies:
    I seriously pray for no White Lantern... If so that would be sooooooooo corny
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By jefprice
    @DEGRAAF: I think the coming of a white lantern would be an amazing force to show up out of no where and help fight back the Black 
    Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By Silver Knight75

What emotion would white lanterns be?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator
    @Silver Knight75: I think maybe peace.
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Yeah, looking at Dove in Blackest Night: Titans & Blackest Night 2 it might seem to be Peace.

Like control over all the emotions is my guess which could equal Peace

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By NightFang3

If their's Black Lantern then their's gotta be White Lantern.    

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Hopefully! I can imagine the power they'll have. They would I think have to power to counter any Black Lantern.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AngelFrost

Their can't be a White Lantern .... 

since White isn't in the rainbow, duh!

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Neither is Black, but that's there.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Vrakmul

Just wait, DC will make vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry lanterns and flavored comic books.  It'll be their latest and greatest money grabbing scheme yet. 

Jack Attack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jack Attack

If I were to take a stab as to the White Lantern emotion, (assuming both that they will exist, and operate on the nebulous 'Emotion Magnetic Spectrum' like all other rings) I would assume that it is something more abstract than other ones. This relates to something I (and no doubt others as well) have observed with the 'spectrum'. Green, being at the center of the rainbow is essentially the 'neutral' color among the rings. The further to the 'left' you go the more unstable the source of power, in a destructive way (with the first color being yellow: Green's weakness). The further 'right' you go, while being unstable it is more of a creative emotion (with the first color being blue, which depends upon green to function). Black, being outside of the color wheel has an abstract power: death, the absence of life. White, therefore would have a power that opposes Black. What I came up with was... (drum roll please) Vigilance/Valor. The emotion of being steadfast in the face of adversity, no matter what. The emotion to endure, to persevere. That's what I got (my other choice was 'Piety').

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Nahero
    @Jack Attack said:

"If I were to take a stab as to the White Lantern emotion, (assuming both that they will exist, and operate on the nebulous 'Emotion Magnetic Spectrum' like all other rings) I would assume that it is something more abstract than other ones. This relates to something I (and no doubt others as well) have observed with the 'spectrum'. Green, being at the center of the rainbow is essentially the 'neutral' color among the rings. The further to the 'left' you go the more unstable the source of power, in a destructive way (with the first color being yellow: Green's weakness). The further 'right' you go, while being unstable it is more of a creative emotion (with the first color being blue, which depends upon green to function). Black, being outside of the color wheel has an abstract power: death, the absence of life. White, therefore would have a power that opposes Black. What I came up with was... (drum roll please) Vigilance/Valor. The emotion of being steadfast in the face of adversity, no matter what. The emotion to endure, to persevere. That's what I got (my other choice was 'Piety'). "

if anyone the comics they'd know that its called the "white light of Creation" and its created when the 7 lanterns combine their powers of the emotional spectrum making the probability for a white lantern unlikely and no longer in debate
    Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

They will be in an up coming issue. ;) 

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for basil_el_halwagy
    Basil El Halwagy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Basil El Halwagy

here is what I think :
    White lantern emotion = Peace

Just like the Doves, Don Hall and Dawn Granger, they can resist the call to rise, and defeat black lanterns with their peaceful energy.  I predict they won't need rings, they just need to be able to harness their inner peace.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#80  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

At Comic Con, someone asked Geoff about the White Lanterns, he said to keep reading, so I guessing we'll see one at the end of Blackest Night

krisboyz781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By krisboyz781

john stewart will be white lantern
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DEGRAAF

yea if you read Blackest night titans #3 she lets loose and kills all black lanterns around her. I cant remember how but she explains what she did or how she felt that destroyed them, so yes, i would say if there is a white lantern it will be someone that have total control over their emotions, therefore at peace w life
    victoryroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By victoryroad

the thing is, i've seen this happen before in an anime series called ronin warriors, granted it was more power rangers than lanterns, but yeah, the concept was there, they united powers and the red armor guy got white armor that made him powerful enough to defeat the bad guy and when it was done, then it went back to normal, so yeah, i can see it for the last couple pages of blackest night with a lead in in the regular green lantern series explaining in detail the origins of the white/black lantern war from the dawn of time, they may even say that that's the hand that envelops the universe from crisis on infinite earths,
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By dane

so who remembers when it was just Green Lanterns? *raises hand for high fives*

yeah, I liked it back then.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @victoryroad said:
     explaining in detail the origins of the white/black lantern war from the dawn of time, they may even say that that's the hand that envelops the universe from crisis on infinite earths, "
    what do you mean, i didnt understand this part
    BatGhostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BatGhostin
    @Alexander Anderson:
    HAHA Nice!
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#87  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

There have been two appearances of possible White Lanterns. One being Dove, and the other... I don't remember who but I remember another appearance somewhere.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @JediXMan said:
    "There have been two appearances of possible White Lanterns. One being Dove, and the other... I don't remember who but I remember another appearance somewhere. "

conner uses sphyco pirates mask to take control of the black lanterns emotions and that kills them
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#89  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " @JediXMan said:
    "There have been two appearances of possible White Lanterns. One being Dove, and the other... I don't remember who but I remember another appearance somewhere. "
    conner uses sphyco pirates mask to take control of the black lanterns emotions and that kills them "

That wasn't a White Lantern thing, though. I'm talking about things like Dove. When the Black Lanterns scanned her, they just saw white and the "emotion" was scrambled. I think there was a similar thing like that in one of the Green Lantern issues, but I'm not sure. I have to look into that.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Hopefully this won't be as silly as it sounds

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TheBug
    @JediXMan said:
    " @DEGRAAF said:
    " @JediXMan said:
    conner uses sphyco pirates mask to take control of the black lanterns emotions and that kills them "
     That wasn't a White Lantern thing, though. I'm talking about things like Dove. When the Black Lanterns scanned her, they just saw white and the "emotion" was scrambled. I think there was a similar thing like that in one of the Green Lantern issues, but I'm not sure. I have to look into that. "

Good point. Black Lanterns are jut bodies, so perhaps White Lanterns are souls.
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#92  Edited By Moomin123

It'll probably happen, Dove from the Titans comics gives off a white emotion. Maybe she is Sector-2814's member.

Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
    deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in blackest night 5 they said they needed to form the white light to counteract the black, they tried to shine their rings together but nothing happened. maybe they will try a white lantern next......... i think im the only one that thinks that that would kick a$$!
    Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
    deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@UpUpAndAway said:
    "in blackest night 5 they said they needed to form the white light to counteract the black, they tried to shine their rings together but nothing happened. maybe they will try a white lantern next......... i think im the only one that thinks that that would kick a$$! "

also.... just to add on what i just said, hal jordan has beeen utterly pi$$ed at the guardians and said himself that he was never going to obay them again                   maybe he'll quit and be the sole white lantern.  Any thoughts?
    Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Masamune34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Masamune34

If black lanterns represent death then white could mean life right? So they can revive ppl I guess...

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ravn

i couldn't figure out WHY the White Lantern symbol looked so familiar, until I turned on my iTunes:  

No Caption Provided
    Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Ravn
    @Masamune34 said:
    " If black lanterns represent death then white could mean life right? So they can revive ppl I guess... "
    i would think they might also represent peace, or harmony, since every time the black rings tried to resurrect Don Hall (the first Dove), they claimed he was at peace.
    greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By greenenvy

There has to be white lanterns because it still makes sense. Black is death and white is life simple.

jarrado1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By jarrado1

I think lafleeze will be some kind of white lantern, his hunger will comsume the 6th power batteries of the rainbow rodeo and sayd because of her promise will be his companion.  Just a guess

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.