Follow

Watchmen

Team » Watchmen appears in 44 issues.

Watchmen is a twelve-issue comic book limited series created by writer Alan Moore, artist Dave Gibbons, and colorist John Higgins. The grouping of heroes and villains contained in the work are not, in fact, named "The Watchmen", though they were at one point referred to as "Crimebusters". Rorschach, Nite Owl and Dr. Manhattan were the team's primary heroes.

DC Entertainment Officially Announces "Before Watchmen"

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Alton

@Darkmount1 said:

@Alton: FINALLY! Someone responds to this. And just to make one of the things I mentioned come true, I now have in my possession my own copy of the book, which at some point this year I will finally read all the way, and then put it down and be done with it.

I was out of comics when this thing was first published so I didn't read it until it was released in conjunction with the movie.Had I known about the controversy surrounding the rights issue I probably would not have bought it.This doesn't mean you shouldn't read the original though, and I would suggest taking your time with it because combined in one trade you are reading a full 12 issue run.Before Watchmen has convinced me to more or less dump DC altogether, and on a more recent thread by Babs I explained in more detail why, but that thread appears to have been taken down.I wish I could link you to it ,but on CBR there is a link on one thread to a small independent creator blog where a recent inteview with Moore was held.That was the interview that convinced me to dump DC.Right now with the plethora of indies and creator owned material of very high quality out there,who really needs DC or Marvel at this point?To heck with Wonder Woman read War Goddess!

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Alton

@Darkmount1 said:

@Alton: FINALLY! Someone responds to this. And just to make one of the things I mentioned come true, I now have in my possession my own copy of the book, which at some point this year I will finally read all the way, and then put it down and be done with it.

Sorry I guess I was wrong about the Babs thread I spotted it again.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#203  Edited By Darkmount1

@Alton: I have experience reading a full 12-issue run--I own a copy of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Alton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Alton

@Darkmount1 said:

@Alton: I have experience reading a full 12-issue run--I own a copy of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Ha,Ha good for you.I only mentioned the length of Original Watchmen because while I enjoyed it and still recognized it's place in comics history I found it to move a little slowly.I'm not sure how the pacing matches with Crisis and Marvel's Civil War,and other epics.I was out of comics until 2005 or so and I've missed a lot of this sort of thing.Glad you found the other posts I'm not sure why I couldn't find them briefly.Again nobody has to think the same way about this issue like I do,but for what it's worth this is how I feel.Have a good one.Nice chatting with you.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#205  Edited By Darkmount1

@Alton: Same here. Feel free to follow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.