Follow

Wasp

Character » Wasp appears in 3558 issues.

Genetically altered by Ant-Man (Henry Pym), Janet Van Dyne gained the ability to alter her size, fly at rapid speeds, and fire bio-electric energy "stings". Calling herself "Wasp", she became Pym's superhero partner. Later, she became a founding member and the first female member of the Avengers.

Talk about the most pointless death

The Comedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The Comedian

We get the point, Bendis doesn't like Jan. But really, was it necessary to kill her like that? Use one of the founding members of the Avengers for a pathetic cliffhanger of an ending, and then just wipe her out of all existence like a bug you've squashed underfoot?

This is, of course, after his portrayal of her as a complete and utter idiot, drunkenly revealing things to the Scarlet Witch (despite the fact she already knew about her kids), and portraying her as little more than a complete tool of a socialite, presumably for Bendis' own amusement and the fact he doesn't really get her.

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By avengpymhawk

All I can say is poor writing. The whole secret Invasion was great in the beginning, but soon after it just lost its feel. Why Jan? Anyways so many characters were out of character it not even funny. Hawkeye killing for example,
    Jan has been a big part of the Avengers. She was a great strong character, till Bendis cut her down from her years of development. He made her dizzy and a slut. From her previos leadership persona qualities. She is a character I will miss.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    avengpymhawk said:
    "All I can say is poor writing. The whole secret Invasion was great in the beginning, but soon after it just lost its feel. Why Jan? Anyways so many characters were out of character it not even funny. Hawkeye killing for example,
    Jan has been a big part of the Avengers. She was a great strong character, till Bendis cut her down from her years of development. He made her dizzy and a slut. From her previos leadership persona qualities. She is a character I will miss."
    It's not poor writing.She is one of the least popular Avengers ever.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zoom

Bendis?  Bad writing?!?

Say it isn't so!!!

*eyeroll*

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By bumnut
    Vance Astro said:
    "avengpymhawk said:
    "All I can say is poor writing. The whole secret Invasion was great in the beginning, but soon after it just lost its feel. Why Jan? Anyways so many characters were out of character it not even funny. Hawkeye killing for example,
    Jan has been a big part of the Avengers. She was a great strong character, till Bendis cut her down from her years of development. He made her dizzy and a slut. From her previos leadership persona qualities. She is a character I will miss."
    It's not poor writing.She is one of the least popular Avengers ever."

According to who'm? She may not have been the most popular, but she was liked and well respected as founding member. I didn't mind/semi liked SI, it did dwindle as it went on and was, for me, anticlimactic. And what's with Stark? Marvel really likes shi$%ing on this poor shlub! He's really been put thru the ringer what with his Civil War stance and was even considered a baddie by some, outside of turning into a real prick, and now after they've put him high up there, Marvel have basically just shat on him and pinned the whole invasion on his shoulders, with him aparantly earning the title: "The mosted wanted man" after SI, as Bendis, I think,, put it? I love how Marvel build up their characters (if that's what you could call it with some) and then use them to wipe their ass's with and flush them down the toilet! I actually felt sorry for Tony, getting hammerd (apologies, no pun intended) by Thor, and then hearing that Osborne has taken over his roll and that their'll be a BIG enquiry into the conduct of Tony Stark! Way to go Marvel, way to go! Who's next? Who's gonna get a royal flushing next?
    grkpektis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By grkpektis

I hated secret invasion from issue 2 and 8 was one of the worst comics I have read this year.  The very annoying pointless and endless dialogue, emma being evil (roles eyes and grunts), stupid cliffhangers, the heroes were above them the whole time (come on).  Jn's death was the worst part.  I now hate Brian Bendis' writing (except ultimate spider-man)

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtPhantom

I liked Si, but issue 8 just went down the drain. Instead of bringing some sense of closure, it just sent everything out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I really felt sorry for Stark in the end, and I pretty much agree with what bumnut said.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    AtPhantom said:
    "I liked Si, but issue 8 just went down the drain. Instead of bringing some sense of closure, it just sent everything out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I really felt sorry for Stark in the end, and I pretty much agree with what bumnut said."
    SI isn't over.
    thunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By thunderbolt

Secret Invasion left people hanging

What about the Void?

Where's the baby?

Is Echo alive?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    thunderbolt said:
    "Secret Invasion left people hanging

What about the Void?

Where's the baby?

Is Echo alive?"
    There are still tie-ins left.
    The Sentry thing will be cleared up in Dark Reign or Mighty Avengers so will the baby
    Echo is alive.
    thunderbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By thunderbolt

How will Echo and Electra deal with the Hand?

Is Echo leaving the Avengers completely?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    bumnut said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "avengpymhawk said:
    It's not poor writing.She is one of the least popular Avengers ever."

According to who'm? She may not have been the most popular, but she was liked and well respected as founding member. I didn't mind/semi liked SI, it did dwindle as it went on and was, for me, anticlimactic. And what's with Stark? Marvel really likes shi$%ing on this poor shlub! He's really been put thru the ringer what with his Civil War stance and was even considered a baddie by some, outside of turning into a real prick, and now after they've put him high up there, Marvel have basically just shat on him and pinned the whole invasion on his shoulders, with him aparantly earning the title: "The mosted wanted man" after SI, as Bendis, I think,, put it? I love how Marvel build up their characters (if that's what you could call it with some) and then use them to wipe their ass's with and flush them down the toilet! I actually felt sorry for Tony, getting hammerd (apologies, no pun intended) by Thor, and then hearing that Osborne has taken over his roll and that their'll be a BIG enquiry into the conduct of Tony Stark! Way to go Marvel, way to go! Who's next? Who's gonna get a royal flushing next?"
    According to the comic community.Janet has almost no fans.I personally made a thread called "who likes them" referring to Hank & Janet and post people either said they didn't like both or they liked Janet a little.There were very very few responses as well meaning people didn't even care enough to even say they didn't like her.See if I make a Punisher thread right now and ask who likes the Punisher..even people who don't like the Punisher will come in and say they don't.They just aren't very popular.What did you think would happen with Stark..you thought everyone was just going let Civil War go?The whole Invasion is more closely on Wanda's shoulders because it was her acting like a f#ckin nut that caused the commotion that got the skrulls in anyway.Tony is to blame as well but the skrulls put major things into place during House of M.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    thunderbolt said:
    "

How will Echo and Electra deal with the Hand?

Is Echo leaving the Avengers completely?

"
    I don't know if Elektra or Echo will do anything.There were a bunch of pictures on the wall but I didn't see either of them.
    I don't know what will happen to Echo.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
    Vance Astro said:
    "AtPhantom said:
    "I liked Si, but issue 8 just went down the drain. Instead of bringing some sense of closure, it just sent everything out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I really felt sorry for Stark in the end, and I pretty much agree with what bumnut said."
    SI isn't over."
    It doesn't have to be. Civil war continued after the main series ended, but you had the sense that the worst was over. Here it feels like we haven't seen nothing yet.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    AtPhantom said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "AtPhantom said:

SI isn't over."
    It doesn't have to be. Civil war continued after the main series ended, but you had the sense that the worst was over. Here it feels like we haven't seen nothing yet."
    After Si #7..I don't know what you were expecting out of 8.I got exactly what I thought I was going to get.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom
    Vance Astro said:
    "After Si #7..I don't know what you were expecting out of 8."
    I don't know... A smile on someone other than Osborn perhaps.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zoom

Stupid small town comic shops.  I've only read up to 6. :-(

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Zoom said:
    "Stupid small town comic shops.  I've only read up to 6. :-("
    If you want the rest I know how you can get them...
    baycent54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By baycent54

I, for one, am sorry to see the Wasp apparently killed. I liked the character, even if a lot of other people were indifferent to her. As for Marvel, well, you've finally managed to alienate this long-time reader. This may be overreacting, considering this is only a fictional character I'm talking about, but as of now I expect to be DROPPING all MCG titles save one (Won't say which one that is), and that title is on the marginal list, since it has lost most of its appeal. Main point here is that Marvel has pushed me away due to its callous attitude toward many fans. This just pushed me past the breakingm point. 

9th Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 9th Wonder
    baycent54 said:
    "I, for one, am sorry to see the Wasp apparently killed. I liked the character, even if a lot of other people were indifferent to her. As for Marvel, well, you've finally managed to alienate this long-time reader. This may be overreacting, considering this is only a fictional character I'm talking about, but as of now I expect to be DROPPING all MCG titles save one (Won't say which one that is), and that title is on the marginal list, since it has lost most of its appeal. Main point here is that Marvel has pushed me away due to its callous attitude toward many fans. This just pushed me past the breakingm point. "
    What are you talking about..MARVEL didn't kill off Janet because they didn't care about her fans..they killed her off because she doesn't have many.Her death is insignificant.
    The Minuteman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The Minuteman
    9th Wonder said:
    "Her death is insignificant."
    While I can see your point about her not having many fans (though I wont truly believe it unless I see some statistics) this statement is completely false. Jan had many important relationships within the MCU that her death will have a lasting affect on. She was a major player in the community, her death was far from insignificant.

Anyway, I thought Mighty Avengers really did Wasp justice and showed just how grand a thing her death was. I really don't think Bendis took killing her off lightly, otherwise he wouldn't have written her such a tribute. To anyone who thinks that her death was pointless, you just don't know the big picture yet. Most of what Bendis writes has a point, you'll see it eventually.

That all said, I really liked Wasp, and while she wasn't my favorite Avenger, I believe she really added a lot to the team. I look forward to seeing what's next for Hank with her gone, but I'm also sure we'll see Jan again.
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By speedlgt

well killing an character thats not very important can still have a big inpact on the other hand killing a good hero can seem to not mean much at all depending on how its done. Case in point sue diby made a huge impact and was a very touching story. Wasp is clearly more important than her but her death in SI kinda doesnt matter just like goliaths death didnt matter in civil war....And am I the only one who still fuzzy on how she died? did thor kill her? did she blow up? or did she just vanish? it just seemed really odd. And about SI yeah the skrulls looked totally strong with the blindside attack but then were totally outclassed by thor ALONE and then I MO it was very cheap and unartistic to just take sentry out of the whole thing just cause hes too strong. ITs like DC saying we cant do anything with superman so were just write him out of every event!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It almost looks like Thor teleported her to a possibly uninhabited plane of existence sort of like what Ultimate Thor did to that bomb The Chitauri were going to use to destroy Earth when they abandoned their plans for conquest.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    The Minuteman said:
    "9th Wonder said:
    "Her death is insignificant."
    While I can see your point about her not having many fans (though I wont truly believe it unless I see some statistics) this statement is completely false. Jan had many important relationships within the MCU that her death will have a lasting affect on. She was a major player in the community, her death was far from insignificant.

Anyway, I thought Mighty Avengers really did Wasp justice and showed just how grand a thing her death was. I really don't think Bendis took killing her off lightly, otherwise he wouldn't have written her such a tribute. To anyone who thinks that her death was pointless, you just don't know the big picture yet. Most of what Bendis writes has a point, you'll see it eventually.

That all said, I really liked Wasp, and while she wasn't my favorite Avenger, I believe she really added a lot to the team. I look forward to seeing what's next for Hank with her gone, but I'm also sure we'll see Jan again."
    If The Wasp has fans she would at least had her own comic.She is the only Avenger between two teams that never ever had a solo series.The staatment is not completely false.A thread was made on the vine a while ago asking if anyone liked Janet in Hank...there were very few post but most people said they either didn't care about her or they liked her more than Pym.Jan didn't have any important relationships in Marvel...People barely like Pym for beating her up so that wasn't important,Her death was insignificant.Marvel will replace her easily and everyone will get over it.She had no impact on the Avengers or Marvel U at all.This is coming from someone who actually likes the character..thing about this...look at all the major events and Marvel an look at the very small roles she played.....

Secret War:She didn't do anything
    Avengers Dissasembled:She didn't do anything
    House of M:She didn't do anything
    Civil War:She didn't do anything
    Secret Invasion:She died

The Mighty Avengers don't need Wasp..she's damn near worthless.They have Wanda now.Watch how nobody cares that she's dead.When Cap died he got a whole mini series dedicated to how characters felt about his death and it was announced on the news.That was big..that was significant.Janet dying is not.There is no big picture in her death.She sacrificed herself and she's never coming back.

I Like Wasp as well...I'm not sure why but there is something about Janet I like..but you can't sit there and act like she made a major difference in Marvel..because she didn't.She didn't add anything to the team.She could have not been there and the outcome of every fight or mission would have been similar.Whatever Hank does...people will continue to not care.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pixelized
    AtPhantom said:

i liked issue 8.. and i can't say i'm too sad about JVD's passing.... she looked nice but that's about it for me.
    The Minuteman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The Minuteman
    Vance Astro said:
    "If The Wasp has fans she would at least had her own comic.She is the only Avenger between two teams that never ever had a solo series.The staatment is not completely false.A thread was made on the vine a while ago asking if anyone liked Janet in Hank...there were very few post but most people said they either didn't care about her or they liked her more than Pym.Jan didn't have any important relationships in Marvel...People barely like Pym for beating her up so that wasn't important,Her death was insignificant.Marvel will replace her easily and everyone will get over it.She had no impact on the Avengers or Marvel U at all.This is coming from someone who actually likes the character..thing about this...look at all the major events and Marvel an look at the very small roles she played.....

The Mighty Avengers don't need Wasp..she's damn near worthless.They have Wanda now.Watch how nobody cares that she's dead.When Cap died he got a whole mini series dedicated to how characters felt about his death and it was announced on the news.That was big..that was significant.Janet dying is not.There is no big picture in her death.She sacrificed herself and she's never coming back.

I Like Wasp as well...I'm not sure why but there is something about Janet I like..but you can't sit there and act like she made a major difference in Marvel..because she didn't.She didn't add anything to the team.She could have not been there and the outcome of every fight or mission would have been similar.Whatever Hank does...people will continue to not care."
    Just curious, when did you start reading Avengers? Whether or not Wasp has any fans doesn't make any difference in the significance of her death, and to say that she doesn't have any important relationships in the MCU? That's just ignorance. She was a beloved character within the universe, no matter how anyone felt about her in the real world. The lasting affects aren't going to have anything to do with what she was able to do, but more so with what the people who loved her are able to to. Wasp's death is significant in the Marvel Universe. She was a founding Avenger, and had been on the team pretty much since its inception, and as such has maintained relationships with almost every character that has had any contact with the team.

It really doesn't matter whether anybody likes her, or how many fans she has. Her significance is ingrained in the Marvel Comics Universe, she's important to them, therefore she is important. To say that her death is insignificant is false.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    The Minuteman said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "If The Wasp has fans she would at least had her own comic.She is the only Avenger between two teams that never ever had a solo series.The staatment is not completely false.A thread was made on the vine a while ago asking if anyone liked Janet in Hank...there were very few post but most people said they either didn't care about her or they liked her more than Pym.Jan didn't have any important relationships in Marvel...People barely like Pym for beating her up so that wasn't important,Her death was insignificant.Marvel will replace her easily and everyone will get over it.She had no impact on the Avengers or Marvel U at all.This is coming from someone who actually likes the character..thing about this...look at all the major events and Marvel an look at the very small roles she played.....

I Like Wasp as well...I'm not sure why but there is something about Janet I like..but you can't sit there and act like she made a major difference in Marvel..because she didn't.She didn't add anything to the team.She could have not been there and the outcome of every fight or mission would have been similar.Whatever Hank does...people will continue to not care."
    Just curious, when did you start reading Avengers? Whether or not Wasp has any fans doesn't make any difference in the significance of her death, and to say that she doesn't have any important relationships in the MCU? That's just ignorance. She was a beloved character within the universe, no matter how anyone felt about her in the real world. The lasting affects aren't going to have anything to do with what she was able to do, but more so with what the people who loved her are able to to. Wasp's death is significant in the Marvel Universe. She was a founding Avenger, and had been on the team pretty much since its inception, and as such has maintained relationships with almost every character that has had any contact with the team.

It really doesn't matter whether anybody likes her, or how many fans she has. Her significance is ingrained in the Marvel Comics Universe, she's important to them, therefore she is important. To say that her death is insignificant is false."
    I have been reading Avengers since I learned to read.Wasp not having any fans does make a difference.That is why Marvel can easily kill her off because not many people are going to care.Every war has casualties..and she was one of them.Janet doesn't have any important relationships in the Marvel U..you believing so is blatent fanboyism.She was a beloved character? So was Captain Marvel and they killed him too.He had his own on-going series.There are lot of so-called-beloved characters in the Marvel Universe who get the shaft.Janet's friendships don't mean anything.There is alot of characters with alot of friends who Marvel could easily kill off for lack of significance.Wasp's death WAS NOT significant.She will be replaced by Wanda..coming very soon...a character who actually made an impact on the Marvel U.
    Her significance has nothing to do with relationships.I can name a bunch of characters right now with alot of friends who have done nothing significant.What did Janet do when it counted? That i what matters..when big events happened..when there was a threat or whatever the case may be..WTF did Janet do? NOTHING..that's right.Look at all that has happened in the Marvel U since she was created..give me one instance where her being their actually made a difference....

Infinity Gauntlet..what did she do? NOTHING!
    Ultron Saga..what did she do? NOTHING!
    Galactic Storm..what did she do? NOTHING!
    Onslaught Saga..what did she do? NOTHING!
    Heroes Reborn? I don't even remember her being there.
    Civil War,Silent War,Secret Invasion,Avenger's Dissasembled.All huge events..Janet's presence...worthless.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I think the point of killing her is to get people mad about it and go and post angry posts on the internet.
    No one cares about her until she gets killed, just as Hawkeye. Now all of a sudden everyone cares? Don't worry, she'll be back when enough angry posts has been made.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    fesak said:
    "I think the point of killing her is to get people mad about it and go and post angry posts on the internet.
    No one cares about her until she gets killed, just as Hawkeye. Now all of a sudden everyone cares? Don't worry, she'll be back when enough angry posts has been made."
    Hawkeye is a major character though..Janet....not so much.Killing Janet right now would be like killing Pepper Potts or Wondra.Nobody is going to kick up that much of a fuss.What have they really done that is worth keeping them alive. (I like them both BTW).
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By fesak  Moderator

That's my point. No one cared about her before, why do they care now?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    fesak said:
    "That's my point. No one cared about her before, why do they care now?"
    They don't :) Well I mean Minuteman does..but ya know...who cares?
    Baal Zak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32  Edited By Baal Zak
    fesak said:
    "That's my point. No one cared about her before, why do they care now?"
    I cared about Jan... she was a hottie :-$
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I liked Jan up until Bendis took over the original Avengers series and began forcing us down the ebony brick road to Secret Invasion.

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34  Edited By avengpymhawk

The Wasp (Jan) has not done anything? Well lets see for starters she was one of the Avengers founders, she lead the Avengers for over 50 issues, and was a important figure in such Avenger events as Kang Dynasty, Ultron Unlimited, Distiny War, Secret Wars 1, and who can forget the Masters of Evil take-over of the Avenger manson. Great classics that she played a major roll in.

Hawkeye a major character? I love Hawkeye, but he is a second rate character. Just like Janet is. He now just has more of a following, because of his whole death thing. Bring him back 15 years ago, no one cared. Take him back 8 years before that, he was a fan favorite. It all depends on the writer.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    avengpymhawk said:
    "

The Wasp (Jan) has not done anything? Well lets see for starters she was one of the Avengers founders, she lead the Avengers for over 50 issues, and was a important figure in such Avenger events as Kang Dynasty, Ultron Unlimited, Distiny War, Secret Wars 1, and who can forget the Masters of Evil take-over of the Avenger manson. Great classics that she played a major roll in.

Hawkeye a major character? I love Hawkeye, but he is a second rate character. Just like Janet is. He now just has more of a following, because of his whole death thing. Bring him back 15 years ago, no one cared. Take him back 8 years before that, he was a fan favorite. It all depends on the writer.

"
    Being a founding Avenger means absolutely nothing.
    Leading the Avengers also means nothing.Monica Rambeau did that also and look where she's at..nowhere..in no comics.
    All of the Events you named..She had no impact on any of them.They ould have gone the same whether she was there or she wasn't.

Hawkeye is more popular and more important than Janet.He always has been and he always will be.Nobody really cares that Janet is dead..in real life and in comics.
    Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By Airstrike

The bottomline is Bendis hates the  old Avengers!  He has destroyed or had a hand in destroying every major member that was ever in the old Avengers!  He has destroyed them and Marvel has let him do it.

Captain America (Steve Rogers) - dead
    Hawkeye (Clint Barton) - killed him brought him back but no longer Hawkeye
    Iron Man -  made into a villian/back stabbing friend
    Wasp - dead
    Yellow Jacket - Wife beating / nut case
    Ant Man (Scott Lang) - dead
    Scarlet Witch - Nut case
    Vision - killed him but brought him back with the young Avengers
    Avenger Mansion - destroyed it, a character in on itself

During Bendis's reign with the Avengers he has constantly misportrayed the relationships and emotions of these characters.  Some of you may ask how I know these things, it is because I have every Avenger book ever drawn except for 25 issues, so I would say I have some expertise on the subject.  What is currently being published by Marvel is not the Avengers or will it ever be until the greats come back. 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zoom
    Airstrike said:
    "Bendis's reign with the Avengers he has constantly misportrayed the relationships and emotions of these characters"
    Its because they're all skrulls.

Wait.  Can't use that excuse anymore can we?  Gotta go think of a new joke...
    BlackestShite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BlackestShite
    @Vance Astro said:
    " She is one of the least popular Avengers ever. "

Wait until Oliva spices her up

@Zoom said:
    " Bendis?  Bad writing?!?Say it isn't so!!!*eyeroll* "

Yeah his fan club has died off

@grkpektis said:
    " I hated secret invasion from issue 2  "
    Siege was worse

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @BlackestShite: I just like SEIGE for a few reasons....

Now watch, before long we'll get some crazy fanboy/girl doin' this. . . not that it doesn't look awesome.
    Now watch, before long we'll get some crazy fanboy/girl doin' this. . . not that it doesn't look awesome.

I guess I just like SEIGE for the art. I'm shallow like that. Lol.

B-e-a-freakin-utiful
    B-e-a-freakin-utiful
    Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hoboseid

Fraction is gonna have her in Thor?
    Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By Airstrike

For all those who say Janet Van Dyne was insignificant here are some facts.  Without her, you have no Hank Pym thus no Pym particles: no Goliath, Yellow Jacket or Giant Man; No Ultron: no Vision or Jocasta.  I know that Hank Pym existed before the Wasp but she was the driving force in his life.  They wouldn't even be named Avengers because she came up with the name.  She only became insignificant when Bendis took over, I think he hates bugs or short, powerful women.  She has been a igger player in Marvel Universe than Spider-woman, Ms. Marvel, Black Widow and the majority of the X-women.  Up to 10 years ago, most of you wouldn't have known who Spider-woman or Ms. Marvel were and each had there own series in the old days and it didn't make it.  Bendis just hates the Avengers and everything they ever stood for (now has killed Thor) and has baically gotten rid of all the Avengers (at one time or another) and filled the team ith his own favorites!   Like Wolverine needs another title to be in!!  Mavel has went way down hill in my opinion, they keep killing characters and doing one major event after another because they lack talent to come up with anything new or consistent.  Bendis doesn't even know anything about the Avengers characters.  Janet was a fashion designer and was constantly making new costume, when Bendis took over she had the same costume from the day he started till he killed her!
    LordTerminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LordTerminal

@Airstrike said:

For all those who say Janet Van Dyne was insignificant here are some facts. Without her, you have no Hank Pym thus no Pym particles: no Goliath, Yellow Jacket or Giant Man; No Ultron: no Vision or Jocasta. I know that Hank Pym existed before the Wasp but she was the driving force in his life. They wouldn't even be named Avengers because she came up with the name. She only became insignificant when Bendis took over, I think he hates bugs or short, powerful women. She has been a igger player in Marvel Universe than Spider-woman, Ms. Marvel, Black Widow and the majority of the X-women. Up to 10 years ago, most of you wouldn't have known who Spider-woman or Ms. Marvel were and each had there own series in the old days and it didn't make it. Bendis just hates the Avengers and everything they ever stood for (now has killed Thor) and has baically gotten rid of all the Avengers (at one time or another) and filled the team ith his own favorites! Like Wolverine needs another title to be in!! Mavel has went way down hill in my opinion, they keep killing characters and doing one major event after another because they lack talent to come up with anything new or consistent. Bendis doesn't even know anything about the Avengers characters. Janet was a fashion designer and was constantly making new costume, when Bendis took over she had the same costume from the day he started till he killed her!

My sentiments exactly. This is why Bendis needs to never write for a comic book ever again. He's a completely inept, biased, piece of crap that can't write unless it's on something HE likes. It's been 4 years now and her death still hasn't been retconned and she's been way overdue for a resurrection of some kind. And if Marvel is really concerned about popularity of all things, don't they have a cartoon that pretty much writes the book on how to make Janet a likeable character currently running on Disney XD? You'd think that cartoon would be delivering a message of some kind to Marvel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 202122

Bad writing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.