- Blue Lantern
- Status: Active
- Space Sector: 2
- GLC Partner(s): Hannu
- Homeworld: unrevealed
- Predecessor: none
- Successor: n/a
Warth is from Sector 2. He is the second person to be initiated into the Blue Lantern Corps. Each Blue Lantern is chosen by the Blue Lantern of the previous sector and brought to the founders of the Blue Lantern Corps, Ganthet and Sayd, to be evaluated. Ganthet and Sayd, former Guardians of the Universe, teach the new recruit the ways of the corps and judge whether that person is worthy of becoming a member of their Corps. Warth was brought to Odym, home planet of the Blue Lantern Corps, by its first member, Saint Bro'Dee Walker of Sector 0001. Warth spent several days with the Guardians while they evaluated and judged him for themselves. They explained to him what it truly means to be a Blue Lantern and join their cause. As is Blue Lantern protocol, Warth would go on to select Brother Hynn to be the Blue Lantern of his own sector of space and bring hope to it's inhabitants.
In order to become a Blue Lantern, one must be willing to give of themselves completely to the universe. Unlike other corps, their blue ring does not need to be charged and doesn't run out of power. It is fueled directly by the hope of the people they seek out to help and save. Warth was convinced that their actions were worth the sacrifice. He chose to join the Blue Lanterns and was sent with Saint Walker and Hal Jordan to rescue Sinestro. As they passed a planet on the way, it's sun prepared to go supernova. Jordan attempted to call for backup but was unable because of the interference of Warth and Saint's rings. It proved unnecessary as Warth and Saint joined together to use their powers on the sun, reversing its age until it was once more a young vital blue star. Warth listened as Saint explained to Jordan Ganthet's ultimate purpose for him, to lead the Blue Lantern Corps. They then continued on their journey to rescue Sinestro.
Major Story Arcs
During "Beyond Hope", Warth is welcoming back Saint Walker, who has been away from Odym for some time, when suddenly the Blue Lantern rings detect warships arriving. These warships are from the Reach, who are from Warth's home sector and want to conquer the planet Odym. Warth and the other Blue Lanterns try to defend Odym, but the Reach overpower them. The Blue Lanterns rings are only on defensive mode, and require a Green Lantern in close proximity to be able to unlock their attack modes. The Blue Lanterns retreat, and they start to create a shield around the central power battery. Warth says that they cannot reason with the Reach. Unfortunately, a Blue Lantern named Shon dies, and Warth feels guilty, saying that he should have trained him better. Saint Walker tells the Blue Lanterns to break the shield and continue to fight the Reach by freeing the scarabs off of their hosts, but they fail to - there is too many of them. The Blue Lanterns, nevertheless, still have hope, and at last Kyle Rayner (the Green Lantern they needed to unlock their attack modes) arrives. They attack the Reach, but it's too late; half of the planet Odym is already cocooned by the Reach. Reluctantly, The Blue Lanterns flee Odym. Saint Walker tells Warth to take the Blue Lanterns somewhere the Reach cannot find them. Warth insists on Saint Walker going with them, saying that they have lost enough lives already, and that they don't want to lose their leader as well. Saint Walker, however, refuses, saying he has unfinished business with Larfleeze, the Orange Lantern who he suspects led the Reach to Odym.
Blue Lantern Ring Abilities
- Animating: A Blue Lantern can will things to move how he wants.
- Artificial Intelligence: Every ring has a connection to the Main Battery on Odym, which taps into an artificial intelligence. It acts as an "on-board computer," telling the wearer what they need to know. It can either respond out loud, or silently directly to the wearer's mind. The AI contains a large database of information that may be crucial to a Lantern's success. The ring also translates nearly every language to and from the wearer (though they have difficulty translating profanity), which is why the Corps can communicate with each other. When the bearer of a Blue Lantern ring dies, the ring will seek out a suitable replacement for their sector. The AI can be used to play a holographic playback sequence complete with colors across the spectrum based on information in memory banks. The ring can dictate when to pause or stop the playback should an interruption arise where the Lanterns undivided attention is needed. The AI can also alert the wielder of incoming threats or of attempts to manipulate the wielders construct by an outside party.
- Communicator: The ring can act as a personal communicator between Lanterns. They have also been seen connected to telephones.
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time. It is unknown if the Blue Lanterns have any protocol over costume choices though probably not has long as they display the Blue Lantern symbol.
- Energy Projection: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. For Blue Lanterns to be effective they require a nearby Green Lantern.
- Energy Constructs: The constructs of a Blue Lantern are often not directly created by the Lantern himself/herself and are often a representation of the hope the target genuinely feels. Example when used against John Stewart he say his dead wife Katma Tui and when used against Arkillo he saw his former leader Sinestro. Blue Lanterns are capable of using more traditional constructs in the presence of a Green Lantern.
- Energy Charging: The Blue ring can charge any other powering to twice its usual capacity if the Blue Lantern wishes it.
- Energy Draining: The Blue Lantern Ring can negativly impact the rings on the opposite side of the spectrum. Sinestro Corps powers steadily drain, Blue Rings can counter the negative aspects of the red power ring, and the blue ring and quench the hunger of the orange light of avarice.
- Flight: The ring allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Hope Supplement: A Blue lanterns ring can take the hope of many other beings to amplify its own abilities. Saint Walker and Warth were able to use a planet size population to turn back a dying sun 8.6 billion years to save the planet from being swallowed into a supernova.
- Invisibility: The ring can make the wearer or anything else invisible..
- Mirages: The Ring can create mirages/illusions.
- Phasing: The ring allows the user to go through walls. This ability however required great concentration on the bearer of the ring
- Recharging: The rings need to be recharged by means of a Power Battery. Other large sources of power may be used to recharge a power ring, however effectiveness may vary.
- Ring Duplication: Each ring can duplicate itself, creating a second ring which may be given to another as a backup, for protection, or to help the lantern in times of great need. This duplicate ring is exactly like a normal ring.
- Temperature Control: The Ring can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero. This could be seen in the recent Sinestro Corps War when Sallak used his ring to incase an enemy in a force bubble an incinerate him.
- Electro-magnetic scanning: The ring can allow(through the use of x rays) the user to see through walls, without the people on the other side knowing. it can also scan along the Electromagnetic spectrum.
- Wormhole/Warps: The ring can open wormholes to cut down on distance.
- Healing: A wielder can command a ring to heal him/her/itself of any injures incurred. It can also heal others. a Blue Lantern can regrow lost body parts shown when Saint Walker regrew Arkillo's tongue.
- Pocket dimension: Within the ring is a pocket dimension which can altered to the wielders specification. It can be used to contain opponents.
- Sub-routines: The power rings have inner programmings or mechanisms which can executed without the users permission. One such sub-routine is the autoshield. This shield automatically protects a wielder from external harm and has been proven to be capable of protecting the wielder from planetary level attacks.
- Needs a green lantern power ring:Without a green lantern power ring, the user can only fly around and they cannot tap into and access the power of the blue power ring.
- Brother Warth has similar physical attributes to the Hindu god of knowledge, Ganesha, who might also be seen as an avatar of hope.