Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3143 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

Waid or Johns?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Who is the better Wally West writer?

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mark Waid I suppose... He pretty much created Wally West with the storyline 'Born To Run'. While in overrall, Johns' Flash run was better (because of the Rogues), Waid added more to the Wally West character than anybody else, and he handled his relationship with Linda perfectly

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By waezi2

bump

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Dredeuced

Waid is the best Wally West writer of all time. Johns' thing was more about the villains than Wally.

RNKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I have read more of Johns run, (The Flash by GF Book 1, 2 3, and 4, Road to Flashpoint and Flashpoint) and only 2 books from Waid, (The Flash by MW Book 3 and 4), but I like Waid more.
    P.S:I only read these because I got them for free from Amazon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.