Follow

Creator-Owned

Publisher »

In terms of quantity, it is much more common for characters to be creator-owned (or company-licensed) than owned by their publisher. However, in comics two of the biggest publishers worldwide (DC and Marvel) traditionally own all their characters. This page is meant to help distinguish characters that are owned by the creator from those owned by the publisher in cases where it's not immediately obvious.

NBC To Bring Vertigo's "Midnight Mass" To Small Screen

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_
    No Caption Provided
      This is good news for Vertigo fans! The Hollywood Reporter has announced that NBC has finally beat WBTV in the race to bring "Midnight Mass" to the small screen.  The series will revolve around Adam and Julia Kadmons, a detective couple who scour the world to solve the mysteries of the dead.

There have been several previous unsuccessful attempts at creating a live-action series from the Vertigo series written by John Rozum with art by Jesus Saiz and Jimmy Palmiotti.

This is great news for fans of the series, and it seems that Vertigo has started to become a cash cow for DC in it's own right. It will certainly be interesting to see the way this project develops and evolves. Are you looking forward to seeing the live-action version of the series? Did you read the Vertigo series? 
    Alphaproto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alphaproto

IDK. This might have been a better on HBO.  
    I should stop passing judgment before I see it...
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NightFang3

Can't wait to see this show but I think it would do better on HBO or Showtime.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I love mystery series. If the mysteries are interesting and not too easy to solve I'll be sure to check it out.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AngelFrost

I prefer comic-book adaptations to be on the small screen to be honest. :) it's better than the movies I think and it really does let you learn more about the characters.

So I look forward to seeing this series, I've never heard of the comic but it might get me more involved with it.

Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Jake Malcom

Really?

Hmm i dont know, MM was pretty cool but turning it into a tv show...i realy dont think its going to do well. Too ADULT for mainstream audiences, maybe if it was on FX but NBC?

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Media_Master

haven't heard of it until now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.