Follow

Venom

Character » Venom appears in 2797 issues.

The Venom symbiote originally bonded with Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, during his adventure in the first Secret Wars on the Beyonder's planet called Battleworld. Initially, he thought the symbiote was just an attire. However, upon his discovery, he rejected it because he realized that it was sentient. Since then, the symbiote has bonded with several other hosts, including Eddie Brock, Angelo Fortunato, Flash Thompson, Ann Weying, and even Carol Danvers. Currently, its host is Eddie Brock.

Off My Mind: Who Will Become The New Venom?

• 147 results
    Sithoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Sithoz

Personally, I was hoping Norman would have gotten to wear the symbiote before Dark Reign and Seige were over.  Now, what better way to destroy Spidey than by upstaging him in the hero department.  Ol' Normy knows how to create spin.
    Joe_Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Joe_Amazing
    @FoxxFireArt:  Thank you for your comments regarding the "bold, new direction" of "Bland New Day", as I call it.  And my response to those saying that Spidey is better this way, if that's true, then how come sales of the book have been steadily dropping since Bland New Day?
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Mumbles

no eyes this time on venom....hope its aunt may who gets venom

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By Theodore

Someone new, please.

Jabor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Jabor

Where is Toxin???????? And Protocide??????

Jimmy_Mc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Jimmy_Mc

I haven't read all the comments so this might have come up. I think it might be Kaine or "Tarantula" as he was referred to after grim hunt.

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By CaptainUseless
    riotman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By riotman

Maybe its a hero gone bad hhmmm.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#109  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Joe_Amazing said:
    " @FoxxFireArt:  Thank you for your comments regarding the "bold, new direction" of "Bland New Day", as I call it.  And my response to those saying that Spidey is better this way, if that's true, then how come sales of the book have been steadily dropping since Bland New Day? "
    Sales do not equal quality.
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Video_Martian

Damn, new venom must be on the juice...

afierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By afierce
    @hitechlolife: Hooooooot.
    riotman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By riotman

I don't mind them getting a new venom host I think venom is cool no matter who its on.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have always enjoyed venom as a villian not a tragic anti hero. I don't care if we get an unknown just one who is nuts and eats people.
    REDPride88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By REDPride88

As a true Venom fan, I will can honestly say what ever direction the writers take him in, I will follow. In my heart I will always want Brock to become Venom again. I also liked Mac as Venom, I would be happy with him continuing to be Venom. A new host sounds exciting, and if he is a hero, that means it can only last so long until the suit goes after spidey. But I have been very happy about where they have been taking the character and that he has played such a big role in the last few story arches. Making him a hero is just another way to continue to diversify the character and add more dimensions to Venom. In the grand scheme of things I feel it is only making the character better. And with this new venture of Venom becoming a hero, it sounds like, yet again we will see another side of Venom. If the government has control of the suite like Norman did, then that means that they can certainly bend the suite to their will and have the new host be a hero. What ever happens I can't wait to read it. Can't wait till February. VENOM RULES!!!!!

Joshthetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115  Edited By Joshthetwinkie

Apparentely I read that this new venom is getting an ongoing by rick remender  and tony moore after he premieres

jimmyziogas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jimmyziogas

Too bad they went' with a guy.  I would love to see a female venom

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#117  Edited By joshmightbe

heres an idea bring back spidercide and bond the suit to him

No Caption Provided
    Mr.Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#118  Edited By Mr.Q
    @cmaprice said:
    " Might be interesting if it's Harry.  Maybe a bit cheesy though. I also wonder how this will play along with getting a new Carnage. "
    that might work. what better way to stick it to his father than becoming a hero modeled after Spider-Man? 

@JonesDeini said:   
    Preach!!!! One More Day is one of the worst things in comics, I got back into Spider-Man after Shed and then kept it up with Grimm Hunt. GREAT STORIES!!! Then came OMIT...sigh and I remembered why I quit giving a rat's sack. I figured Waid writing Origin of The Species would turn things about, gave it a few issues before I declared "FAIL!". Big Time is meaningless to me, Slott doesn't know how to write Spidey point blank, period. So I too feel no shame in not purchasing a sub par title just because it features a beloved flagship character.    If more fan boys would get off their knees and take their heads out of their asses then maybe the industry as a whole would improve. Would you keep going to a restaurant that gave you food poisoning? How about a Dr. that misdiagnosed you or botched your surgery? A mechanic that cut your break line? So why, oh why, oh why do comic book buyers do the equivalent?!!! Money talks, not your prepubescent circle jerks in the comic shop about how you don't like the current status quo/arc/costume/etc. WHILE STILL BUYING THE TITLE!!! Marvel/DC could care a less about your letters/emails full of complaints, what they do care about is whether or not you're buying it. Seriously, did the 90's not teach anybody that the companies generally don't give half a steamer about their characters, just how much money they can make. I didn't enjoy Morrison's Batman, the worst of it was B&R IMO which was what I was reading, so I dropped it, spent that time on something else, and I happily discovered Marjorie Liu's fantastic Black Widow run. Dropped Uncanny when Fraction suddenly forgot that plot supposed to MOVE. That money helped me to move into Hickman's great S.H.E.I.L.D. My point is this, if a million of us hate it and QUIT BUYING IT, then we are heard. So speak up, if you want to know what's going on, borrow from a friend/read it in the store. As far as this new venom goes...Eh? Don't like the new design, and honestly don't care. Only Venoms that matter are Eddie (Anti-Venom is stupid as a retarded amoeba by the way) and Mac. I'm sick of the symbiotes to be perfectly honest, the only thing that could make me more disinterested in this story would be the symbiotes host being a vampire clone of Pete...oh God, they wouldn't! Would they?! I mean that would be as stupid as having Pete make a deal with the dev...le sigh. Crap, it's going to happen isn't it?  "
    amen. common sense goes a long way.
    sgt_match

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By sgt_match

It should be a non-spider-man-specific character.  Like Frank Castle or Clint Barton.

They won't do this, but  I'd like to see symbiote Tony Stark.  You could do an interesting contrast between an entirely mechanical suit and an entirely organic one.

Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Midnight Monk

Images of the new Venom recently hit the web, according to IGn he'll basically be a black ops version of Spidey who works for the government taking out threats to America. The concept seems good but his looks is somewhat silly because why Venom needs a gun is beyond me 
    kungnima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By kungnima

Punisher?

firewrkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#122  Edited By firewrkninja
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @firewrkninja said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @firewrkninja said:
    " it would be interesting if it was a girl "
    Yup. Look at that picture. What a feminine figure. "
    maybe it will be some sort of burly lumberjack lady "
    Wolverine already bonded to a clone of the symbiote once before. "
    lol
    tbpinkfloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123  Edited By tbpinkfloyd

A government agency with the controlled symbiote attached to an agent...IT'S HAUNT!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @tbpinkfloyd said:
    "A government agency with the controlled symbiote attached to an agent...IT'S HAUNT! "

Please, Marvel's done Venom as a government agent twice before Haunt ever premiered.  

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Midnight Monk said:
    "

Images of the new Venom recently hit the web, according to IGn he'll basically be a black ops version of Spidey who works for the government taking out threats to America. The concept seems good but his looks is somewhat silly because why Venom needs a gun is beyond me  "

Perhaps the host is so used to using one that he'd rather not accept that his only option is turning into a space monster and eating his enemy combatant's brain or suffocating them with alien tendrils.
    misterz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 118

#126  Edited By misterz173

I think the new host for Venom will absorb some of the evilness of the past three hosts. also, the symbiote will carry its hatred of Spider-Man onto its next host. One other thing: If Mac Gargan is going to come back as Scorpion, what will happen to the female Scorpion, Carmilla Black?

misterz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 118

#127  Edited By misterz173

I think the new host for Venom will absorb some of the evilness of the past three hosts. also, the symbiote will carry its hatred of Spider-Man onto its next host(Quite possibly Vin Gonzales). One other thing: If Mac Gargan is going to come back as Scorpion, what will happen to the female Scorpion, Carmilla Black?

Avatar image for journey_into_chaos
    Journey Into Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Call me nuts but I liked Eddie Brock as Venom.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#129  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

ignore post... fixing floating problem

Joe_Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Joe_Amazing
    @InnerVenom123:@InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Joe_Amazing said:
    " @FoxxFireArt:  Thank you for your comments regarding the "bold, new direction" of "Bland New Day", as I call it.  And my response to those saying that Spidey is better this way, if that's true, then how come sales of the book have been steadily dropping since Bland New Day? "
    Sales do not equal quality. "
    True.  And with the sub-par writing, horrible artwork and the pointless direction of the book, there IS no quality.  So you just validated my argument.

Thank you.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Joe_Amazing said:
    " @InnerVenom123:@InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Joe_Amazing said:
    True.  And with the sub-par writing, horrible artwork and the pointless direction of the book, there IS no quality.  So you just validated my argument.  Thank you. "
    Your opinion. To each their own.
    Joe_Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Joe_Amazing
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Joe_Amazing said:
    " @Joe_Amazing said:
    True.  And with the sub-par writing, horrible artwork and the pointless direction of the book, there IS no quality.  So you just validated my argument.  Thank you. "
    Your opinion. To each their own. "
    Well, you see, it's not just my opinion.  There's actually quite a few people who share my feelings regarding the "bland, new direction" of Spider-Man.  And we've all made our voices heard to marvel by hitting them where it hurts the most: their bottom line.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Joe_Amazing said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Joe_Amazing said:
    " @Joe_Amazing said:
    Your opinion. To each their own. "
    Well, you see, it's not just my opinion.  There's actually quite a few people who share my feelings regarding the "bland, new direction" of Spider-Man.  And we've all made our voices heard to marvel by hitting them where it hurts the most: their bottom line. "
    A group of opinions is still a group of opinions.
    ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#134  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

I really don't like the idea of a hero Venom. Seems weird, especially since ( as a few before have already stated ) the symbiote has formed its own hatred towards Spider-Man and the symbiote prefers evil hosts. Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see I guess. I loved Gargan as Venom though :(

dan1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By dan1509
    @joshmightbe: ......... Interesting 
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#136  Edited By joshmightbe
    @dan1509: the whole spidercide thing was a joke 
    Frobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Frobin

Hero-Venom is a lame idea! Will for sure be a flop.

I really liked the Mac Gargan Venom - he is a lunatic killer-beast. Just perfect. I also like Venom as big guy and big hitter ... and as monster alien.
    I don't like Venom with Eddie Brock as host, because then the character is similar to the Hulk - Brock as the victim, always fighting against Venom, always failing ... too melodramatic. It's good both are seperated now ... I like Venom with an lunatic, very aggressive host like Gargan.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Frobin: Yes, Hero-Venom flopped in the 90s. Venom as a secret agent is badass(But it's been done with poor execution). 

Yes, Gargan's scary.... when he's not being beaten by dogs in the eye.  

“Stop complaining. Always complaining. It’s too cold. Stuff hurts. I didn’t mean to eat that guy’s arm. Whining little maggot. You don’t deserve me. You never did. Did I actually hear you say you didn’t want to be the scary guy? You used to be the Scorpion. You used to be a hard man. Why did you turn into a schoolgirl ... as soon as you tasted some fresh meat?” - The Venom Symbiote (to Mac Gargan)

Avatar image for marvelunivers_deleteme
    marvelunivers_deleteme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I SWEAR IF I DON'T SEE EDDIE BROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for marvelunivers_deleteme
    marvelunivers_deleteme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Band Lone said:
    " If is not Brock then who cares.. "
    Someone whith sense
    Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#141  Edited By Joygirl

I would prefer it to be Eddie, as he was best with it. But now the whole "Block Ops Venom"... I disapprove. But, hopefully at least, he'll know how to use the symbiote. Not another Gargan, not another Carnage. I want tactical usage, dammit!
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Eddie Brock. I mean come on. Just do it already.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#143  Edited By Joygirl

Eddie would be the best. He IS Venom. Replacing him is like giving Harley Quinn another voice actress. Sure, you CAN use Hynden(sp?) Walch, but she's Arleen Sorkin, the character was designed around her. Venom isn't just a suit, it's a character, and that character's host IS Eddie Brock. 

But it's not. It's someone else. He's Anti-Venom now, and sucks. Ah well.
    pianoman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By pianoman220
    @Spideycap:  

I agree, it would be so cool if the new Venom was Ben Reilly, and he'd been hiding out all this time to be out of the way...... 

Reilly was actually the 1st person that I thought about when the previews said that the new Venom may be a hero and also is someone from Pete's past.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Joygirl said:
    "Eddie would be the best. He IS Venom. Replacing him is like giving Harley Quinn another voice actress. Sure, you CAN use Hynden(sp?) Walch, but she's Arleen Sorkin, the character was designed around her. Venom isn't just a suit, it's a character, and that character's host IS Eddie Brock.  But it's not. It's someone else. He's Anti-Venom now, and sucks. Ah well. "

Untrue. Eddie as Anti is crazy badass.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#146  Edited By Shadowdoggy

yeah, I actually like Eddie as Anti-venom 
    I wouldn't mind someone completely new being Venom for a while  
    especially someone who could bring something new and different to the character
    Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Mucklefluga

Heh, it's funny seeing all the people's comments that thought it would fail :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.