Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman

No Caption Provided
    Deadpool makes his 70th guest appearance this month, trying to kill a Ukrainian mobster that Moon Knight's trying to protect because he doesn't know any better. 

THE GOOD
    Tan Eng Huat was already doing amazing work on Doom Patrol years ago and his style's evolved nicely here, incorporates painterly elements that resemble Simone Bianchi's work. Moon Knight's real-time computer imaging powers make him a nice update of the Batman archetype for the 2010s. Hurwitz handled Deadpool well, as he's a character whose specific voice is hard to nail and there were some genuinely funny lines here, like DP's literal "Hello Nurse!" moment.

THE BAD
    There's really not much to complain about.  The whole conceit of the hero fighting another hero, guesting in his book, only to eventually team up with him is a well-worn plot for superheroes, but Hurwitz still finds a way to make it believable.

THE VERDICT
    A good issue to start a team-up storyline. There's a good balance of pacing, keeping the dialogue concise while still making you feel like you've got enough story for one issue. And Huat's art has a great range to suit each phase.

3.5/5
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dane

less Deadpool please :(

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Mutant X

I'm really getting sick of Deadpool. I used to be a huge fanboy, now it's just.... eh.

Good review.

ferrettim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ferrettim

I LOVE this series...haven't picked this issue up yet, so glad to see the review. Sometimes the stories seem a little rushed, but it may just seem that way because the book is such a fun read it goes by quick. I'm a little tired of Deadpool and was never really a fan so we'll see how this story goes for me.

GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By GothamBat

i'm a fan of Moony, but i havent been able to pick up any of the new series. is he still crazy as hell?
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bearded Justice

havent got mine yet.  looks good, except for all that deadpool
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Nyogtha

Before Deadpool blew up I always said those two together would be an awesome concept. I like that Marc is trying to become more grounded, but still being a one man army.

Mooned Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mooned Knight

This is up my alley, I bought a few issues of the reboot a year ago, and have lightly kept up, but this Vengeance Of issue seems to be the one I want to jump on board for. Love mooney's character design

ferrettim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ferrettim
    @GothamBat: depends how you want to look at it...he's not the crazy violent murderer from series past, but he's still crazy as hell.
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By G Bird
    @GothamBat said:
    " i'm a fan of Moony, but i havent been able to pick up any of the new series. is he still crazy as hell? "
    He's not as crazy as the 2006 run, looks like they are trying to bring to the public more but it's still a good read!
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @G Bird said:
    " @GothamBat said:
    " i'm a fan of Moony, but i havent been able to pick up any of the new series. is he still crazy as hell? "
    He's not as crazy as the 2006 run, looks like they are trying to bring to the public more but it's still a good read! "

Damn, he was really out of the loop in the 2006 reboot.
    Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is too much Deadpool around. But people shouldn't write off a story/book just because it has Deadpool in it. Especially when he is used well like in this case.

It shows the similarities and differences between the two. Marc trying to go on the straight and narrow, whilst Deadpool really not caring. It makes Marc question if he wants to become a REAL hero. Did he actually enjoy being a maniacal, murdering and disfiguring vigilante? 

For every Jeph Loeb written Deadpool guest appearance (which was absolutely horrendous) there is Deadpool guest appearances written like this. So again, don't judge a character by over exposure, judge the character by how they are actually written and used in a story.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves: 
    just finished it a minute ago. couldnt have put it better.
    solid read, not what i was expecting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.