Follow

Vampirella

Character » Vampirella appears in 945 issues.

Considered one of the earliest ‘bad girls’ in comics, Vampirella is a Vampiri from Drakulon.

VAMPIRELLA Vs DRACULA Interview with Joe Harris

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Alan Moore once told the story of Vampirella and Dracula. Spinning out of that comes a six-issue series from Dynamite Entertainment that will serve as sort of a sequel. When the first issue lands in January, it will also include that classic story by Moore and Gary Frank. The series will be written by current Vampirella writer Joe Harris with art by Jean Diaz.

To find out more about this epic confrontation, we asked Harris a few questions.

No Caption Provided

Comic Vine: The idea of Vampirella fighting Dracula feels like a big one. What makes this the right time to do it in the current run?

Joe Harris: Well, it feels like every time you look up somebody's publishing a Dracula book and who can blame them. He's the most famous icon of the breed, everyone knows the story. We've seen so many great actors portray him in so, so many great movies. But there aren't many counterparts for him, you know? Vampirella can go toe to toe with him. She's a worthy adversary.

CV: How do you top a nemesis like Dracula after this story?

JH: I'd like to think you don't, man.

CV: What do readers need to know about Vampirella and Dracula before reading?

JH: From the Vampirella end of things, I'm aiming to make the series very accessible. You shouldn't have to know every last detail about her before jumping in. And chances are, if you're picking up a vampire comic book of any sort, you know enough about Dracula to tell me who he is and what he's all about.

CV: What is Vampirella's biggest strength and will she need to prepare before facing Dracula?

JH: I'd say the one thing Vampirella has going for her is that she believes in humanity and looks out for regular people. She's protecting us, regular mortal folks, from the monsters and the bad guys and the other horrors out there that want our blood. And, in turn, she tends to engender supporters and allies. She has to trade on her relationships, no more so than in this story we're going to tell.

CV: What does Vampirella like to do in her downtime?

JH: I don't suspect there's a dull moment.

We'll have to wait until January 11, 2012, to see if Vampirella does get any downtime. Be sure to let your comic shop know you're interested. And also let us know if you're looking forward to this confrontation.

gangly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gangly

Can't wait!!!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I just don't have the words other than this can be utterly GREAT. Oh I will so get this...its a done deal!

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Yeah I'm actually pretty much sold on this already haha.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

What does Vampirella like to do in her downtime?

I wonder if she's in for a hot shower of blood. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.