Follow

U.S.Agent

Character » U.S.Agent appears in 964 issues.

John Walker had his strength enhanced in hopes of being a hero for his country like his fallen brother. After a tenure upholding the mantle of Captain America, Walker re-established himself as U.S.Agent where he went on to have extensive service as a member of, and even leader to, the Avengers.

U.S. Agent question...

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By whacknasty

So if the process that made Caps shield was pretty much an accident, how did they make a comparable one for U.S. Agent?  Or is Cap's shield the superior of the two...?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @whacknasty said:
    " So if the process that made Caps shield was pretty much an accident, how did they make a comparable one for U.S. Agent?  Or is Cap's shield the superior of the two...? "
    Neither shield is superior.Both shields have been broken or damaged.
    whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By whacknasty

Oh Wow... didnt know that!  I remember seeing a scan of Cap taking a blow from Hulk with his shield and wlaking away pretty much unharmed, so i figured if U.S. Agent's shield wasn't made the same way, it would have to be weaker...

So Agents shield is straight Vibranium, while Cap's shield is a mysterious mix of Vibranium and some other materials/elements, correct?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @whacknasty said:
    " Oh Wow... didnt know that!  I remember seeing a scan of Cap taking a blow from Hulk with his shield and wlaking away pretty much unharmed, so i figured if U.S. Agent's shield wasn't made the same way, it would have to be weaker...So Agents shield is straight Vibranium, while Cap's shield is a mysterious mix of Vibranium and some other materials/elements, correct? "
    I thought both shields were composed of Vibranium\Adamantium.Like a hybird.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

Cap's shield is superior. It was made by accident and the attempts to recreate it ended up creating adamantium. I think USAgents is just adamantium and vibranium.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " Cap's shield is superior. It was made by accident and the attempts to recreate it ended up creating adamantium. I think USAgents is just adamantium and vibranium. "
    How can Cap's shield be superior? You just said U.S Agent's shield is JUST adamantium and Vibranium as if those aren't Marvel's hardest metals.Cap's shield hasn't done anything U.S Agent's couldn't.
    whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By whacknasty

I thought Vibranium's main thing is to just redirect/sap kinetic energy...?

Like a bullet wouldn't pierce Black Panther's Vibranium armor, but someone could still cut him if it was along the weave of the armor (or something like that...)? 

Would that be the same as being a "hard" metal like adamantium?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Vance Astro: Cap's shield is unique, it is stronger than even adamantium and vibranium but since adamantium is nearly indestructible so of course an adamantium shield will appear as indestructible as Cap's.

From Avengers Annual 2001in e-mail correspondence between Duane Freeman and Edwin Jarvis:

Duane: 'My files show several references to Captain America's shield being an allow of adamantium and vibranium - but I also have data indicating that adamantium wasn't invented until long after the shield was created. How can this be?"

Jarvis' response: 'Ah. Much more straight-forward. No -- there's no adamantium in Captain America's shield, though the confusion is understandable. The shield was created by Dr. Myron Maclain, while attempting to create super-strong metals for the U.S. Army.'

'He was attempting to bond a sample of Wakandan vibranium to a new steel alloy, without success --- until one night, he dozed off in his lab, and awoke to find that the metals had bonded, though he did not know why. He cast the resultant metal into a disk shape for testing -- and that disk is what became Captain America's shield.'

'Maclain was unable to duplicate the process however -- and has to this day been unable to discover just what is was that bonded the steel and the vibranium. He tried for decades to re-create his miracle metal but the closest he was able to come was his far later creation, adamantium. It's an impressive achievement, to be sure -- a metal almost completely impervious to damage -- even at the hands of the mighty Thor. So it's understandable that people occasionally confuse Dr. Maclain's two great discoveries. But it's no more than that -- the shield pre-dates adamantium by decades."
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @whacknasty said:
    " I thought Vibranium's main thing is to just redirect/sap kinetic energy...?Like a bullet wouldn't pierce Black Panther's Vibranium armor, but someone could still cut him if it was along the weave of the armor (or something like that...)? Would that be the same as being a "hard" metal like adamantium? "
    Black Panther's suit isn't solid Vibranium or he wouldn't be able to bend.You can tear Black Panther's suit but not Vibranium.
    slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slimj87d

Is this topic settled yet? Because there was an issue of Might Avengers where a super villian punches Agent's shield and punches it a second time and shatters it declaring something like "I knew the shield was a phony, not like the real one."

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @SlimJ87D said:
    " Is this topic settled yet? Because there was an issue of Might Avengers where a super villian punches Agent's shield and punches it a second time and shatters it declaring something like "I knew the shield was a phony, not like the real one." "
    The shield he has in Mighty isn't the shield he has always had.He has had a shield similar to Cap's and a solid adamantium one.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andferne

Didn't U S Agent also use and energy type one at some point? When he was in Force Works or something like that.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Andferne said:
    " Didn't U S Agent also use and energy type one at some point? When he was in Force Works or something like that. "
    Yea.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne
    @Vance Astro:  Was that the same type as Cap used briefly or were those two different types?
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Andferne said:
    " Didn't U S Agent also use and energy type one at some point? When he was in Force Works or something like that. "
    Different kind..let me find a picture...I don't really have one but I remember he had one in Maximum Control when he pounded on Ronan.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'm thinking that since Bucky is keeping Cap's shield Steve should go back to the energy shield he had that was like USAgent's that he used back early in Avengers vol 3.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By consolemaster001

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.