The Kryptonian Science Council discovered that two of their most revered scientists, Jor-El and Non, had determined that in a short matter of time, Krypton would suffer geothermic upheavel that would destroy the entire planet.
Branding them as heretics, the cowardly members of the Science Council sent General Zod and his militants to Jor-El's laboratory to arrest he and Non. Ursa was in charge of placing the two scientists under arrest and handing them over to the council. The Science Council administered a stern warning to them, and set them free.
Before long, Zod and Ursa discovered that Jor-El and Non had been right all along. Krypton had little time left. Non ignored the Council's warning and preached to the populace of Krypton revealing everything he knew of the pending disaster. Zod and Ursa defected from the military and joined Non's cause. Soon after, Non was captured and lobotomized under orders of the Science Council.
This incident drove Zod over the edge, and Ursa and he began an insurrection that made them the most wanted criminals on the planet. They were eventually captured and brought to justice. Jor-El argued on their behalf, and swayed the Science Council from sentencing them to death. Instead, Jor-El elected for a more peaceful means of punishment - exile in the Phantom Zone.
Ursa, Non and Zod remained in the Phantom Zone for many years. During this time, Zod and she mated and produced a son, Lor-Zod. Their child eventually escaped from the Phantom Zone and arrived on the planet Earth. He came under the care of the last surviving Kryptonian, the Son of Jor-El, Superman.
Shortly after this event, Ursa and the others broke free of their confinement and journeyed to Earth to reclaim the Kryptonian child. They attacked the city of Metropolis and Ursa raided the offices of the Daily Planet where she found Lor-Zod in the care of Lois Lane. Cornering her in a stairwell, Ursa incapacitated Lois with a simple flick from her index finger.
She then took her son and returned to Zod, taking Lois along as a captive. She stood by his side as he interrogated Lois, stating she didn't understand what made Kal choose that particular female. She was as suprised as Zod when Lor used his powers to defy them and protect Lois. They were even more suprised when a returned Kal-El fought them alongside Lex Luthor and his allies.
They were defeated and returned to the Phantom Zone. They would be in the Zone for a just a few months before the events surrounding the liberation of Kandor took place. In the end, Allura chose to free and pardon her along with Zod and the rest of his followers in the Zone. They were placed in control of the Kryptonian Millitary once more, on the New planet Krypton.
Powers & Abilities
As a member of the Kryptonian Military Guild, she received extensive training in the use of weapons, applicable technology, hand to hand combat, strategy, and survival techniques.
As a Kryptonian, she has several amazing powers when in a solar system with a yellow sun:
- Flight: Can defy gravity and fly under her own power, even through outer space.
- Super Strength: Has great strength. Can lift more than 1,000,000 tons.
- Super Speed: Can travel great distances in an instant. Able to move nearly as fast as The Flash.
- Super Hearing: Can hear any sound at any volume or pitch and filer out and focus in on specific voices even in a crowded city.
- Endurance: Doesn't need to sleep, eat, or drink, can survive in outer space, and can maintain psychical exertion for very long periods of time without tiring.
- Heat Vision: Can fire rays of extreme heat and power from her eyes.
- X-Ray Vision: Can see through anything except lead.
- Telescopic Vision: Can focus her vision down to the microscopic level, or extend it out and focus it on objects far, far away.
- Super Breath: Can create whirlwinds by forcefully exhaling, or freeze objects or opponents by blowing freezing cold air at them (a.k.a. ice breath).
- Durability: Nearly impervious to any harm. Though can be hurt by beings with equal or greater power than her own, by magic, or by Kryptonite.
- Longevity: Ages much slower, though is not truly immortal.
- Healing: Can heal rapidly from injury.
- Photographic Memory: Can read at high speeds and remember every detail, as well as remember anything she's experienced with perfect clarity.