sunofdarkchild's Uncanny X-Men #8 review

Avatar image for sunofdarkchild

Cool Off

Here's the thing. After the last issue, with all the stuff that happened, we needed an issue to cool off. And that's what we got. And it was good. There was no scene I did not like. Whether it was Goldballs going home, Cyclops and Magneto, Magik being awesome as usual, ect.

But this is a $4 issue, and as good as what's inside is, there is not enough that happens to justify that price tag. And so the question for readers is, how much is quality cooling off and some setup worth? How much do you like the slow pace of Bendis' style, the focus on conversation over action? For some it is worth it, and for those people I say interpret this score as a 4 out of 5. For those who want things to happen each issue, this may be the one to skip if you're short on cash. It's a shame that I cannot wholeheartedly recommend a quality book because the price is too high,