Follow

Toxic Avenger

Character » Toxic Avenger appears in 34 issues.

He was 98 pounds of solid nerd... until he became The Toxic Avenger! Melvin Junko is from the toxic crime infested town Tromaville, New Jersey. He's the toughest S.O.B. to ever wear a tutu!

What does Lloyd Kaufman (creator) think of Toxic Avenger remake?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I recently went to Dragon*Con in Atlanta last weekend and the main thing i was looking foward to is seeing and talking to Lloyd Kaufman (creator of Toxie and Troma).
    The main question I wanted to ask is what the hell was up with this remake we was hearing about? The remake is supposed to be more 'family friendly' and 'green friendly' and not be rated r. If you are a Toxie fan you know good as well his movies are no where NEAR family friendly. So the news of a family friendly Toxie remake was a horrible shot to most Troma fans.
    Well I finally found him at his Troma stand (which i spent over 200$ on merchandise there) and asked the question: 
    'Lloyd, what do YOU think of this Toxie remake and whats up with it being family friendly?' 
    His answer made sense and now I pretty much support the remake.
    He said said that he barely had anything to do with the movie and one of the only reason he was letting it happen was because the check he would receive from this big budget film would enable him to keep Troma Independent Films open and allow more films to come out.
    Now I love Troma. And I know they have a hard time keeping Troma alive because it's independency and b-rated movies that most people will probably never see.
    The money that he receives from this movie will keep Troma thriving and allow more awesome movies to come out, and perhaps will fund Toxic Avenger 5: The Toxic Twins..
    I never thought i would be supporting this remake but now I am all up for it, though I know i won't like it.
    Thoughts, anyone?

Lloyd Kaufman and I at Dragon*Con 2010
     Lloyd Kaufman and I at Dragon*Con 2010
    Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

I'm beyond jealous of this picture. You're a damn lucky guy, haha. I always loved Troma movies , cause they are trashier than everything on earth. I had no idea about this remake but I really am not surprised with that remake wave that's going on lately. But yeah, most of the time original directors got nothing to do when it comes to directing those remakes and I gotta say, I respect him too for that he said about needing those money to keep on making movies. Uncle Lloyd is the man! Oh , and I'd love to see Toxic Twins getting the go card.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.