Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Tim should be Batman Beyond

Hooperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hooperman

I was thinking over what DC should do with Nightwing and it occurred to me that the Red Robin mantle has been misappropriated. It doesn't suit Tim or Jason as it was created for Dick Grayson. He should take it back and become a big league hero in his own right. Meanwhile, Tim's attempt to break out as his own hero aren't fairing too well as the Red Robin identity is too amorphous, especially since they changed the costume to that ridiculous feathery thing. Since it's widely believed that Tim is the most suitable inheritor of the Batman mantle, eventually, Tim should be trained as his replacement. He should be the Batman Beyond, kitted out with high-tech armour and flightsuit and sent away on missions involving the Teen Titans and JL, to places a regular dude in a cape would be ill-fitting. This would be more realistic and more satisfying as a progression. I write more about it here!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

id hardly say that Dick should "take it back" seeing as how it was an alternate universe version of him. He's perfect as Nightwing. i would like to see Tim become Batman one day though.

Hooperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hooperman

We'll never get to see Batman Beyond in continuity. If Tim were to become a prototype for Terry I think it's be an awesome start. He's always off with the Titans so it'd take him out of Gotham mostly and he'd be more suited to space-fairing and fighting with Gods and monsters. We already dealt with a few Batmen at once! I think we could deal with these two.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Hooperman said:

We'll never get to see Batman Beyond in continuity. If Tim were to become a prototype for Terry I think it's be an awesome start. He's always off with the Titans so it'd take him out of Gotham mostly and he'd be more suited to space-fairing and fighting with Gods and monsters. We already dealt with a few Batmen at once! I think we could deal with these two.

People only dealt with 2 Batmen because we knew it was temporary. sooner or later DC had to pick one, and they did.

Differentology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Differentology

Uhhh I think that Batman Beyond takes place like 60 70 yrs in the future or something like that so wouldnt that make Tim old? at least in his late 40's at the youngest point in his life. I dont think it'll be a good look for him to be Beyond.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

id hardly say that Dick should "take it back" seeing as how it was an alternate universe version of him. He's perfect as Nightwing. i would like to see Tim become Batman one day though.

Agreed.

As for Tim being Batman or Batman Beyond I do think that the role suits him, sadly we will probably never see it really happen. I do like how when Tim was imagining himself as Batman he basically imagined the Beyond costume

homosexuality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By homosexuality

what dick is nightwing in it fits him perfectly.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@BlackArmor said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Agreed.

As for Tim being Batman or Batman Beyond I do think that the role suits him, sadly we will probably never see it really happen. I do like how when Tim was imagining himself as Batman he basically imagined the Beyond costume

Where is that from?

If there was going to be a proto-Batman Beyond they should use a modified version of the Insider suit

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Jonny_Anonymous: the Red Robin series, either issue 24 or 25. Tim was asked where he saw himself in 20 or so years and he saw three possible futures, one where he was Batman, one where he was basically Bruce from the beyond series complete with Ace the bathound at his side, and one where he was dead.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By JamesKM716

No, Just just no.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Terry as Batman Beyond.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Now that Damion is dead I think Tim has the best shot at replacing Batman one day.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an entirely different character.

Some characters are a legacy character. A title that's passed on. Other characters are a distinct identity "stuck" to one particular person.

Nightwing, it could be argued, can only be Dick Grayson. There's so little separation between the man behind the mask and the mask that no one else can fill those shoes.

Batman could arguably be a title that will some day be passed on to another character than Bruce Wayne based on some of the various futures we've read. Batman is a creation that Bruce Wayne created and became. He wasn't born Batman and he didn't become Batman on the night his parents died. He had to train and learn and grow to create Batman.

Batman Beyond is one specific incarnation of Batman, and that incarnation is uniquely Terry.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.