Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3315 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Tim Drake-Deadliest member of the Bat-Family?

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By WhiteLightning

I love Tim Drake. He's tied for my favorite DC character with Hal Jordan and Wally West. And I have one question:Could he be the deadliest member of the Bat-Family? Now, this is my OPINION, but I say yes, he will be. What does that mean? Well, In terms of Bat-Fam deadliness, it goes Bruce-Dick-Jason. Jason beat tim many times as Robin, but he has gotten a lot better. I think right now, he is almost as good as Jason. And for the Damian fans, Tim demolished him in Red Robin #14, as he always held back before. His intelligence exceeds ALL members of the Bat-Fam, including Bruce. Bruce said Tim was smarter than him before. Dick said so as well, also adding that he was a better Robin than Dick, and he will probably be a better Batman too. NOw, Tim is also the most like Bruce. They are the two smartest-the World's Two Greatest Detectives- and use that in their most difficult battles. All members have experienced unspeakable tragedy- but Tim has had the most. His parents were killed when he he was 13-15, which means he bonded with them more than all the other members. His two best-friends(Superboy and Kid Flash), his girlfriend(Spoiler), a love interest(The Old Lynx), Bruce, Darla Aquista, and some other people. His skill with the Bo Staff is unrivaled, as he is the best Stick Fighter on Earth. He is also very agile, of course, not as agile as Dick or Jason, but quite agile. He is very Tech-Savvy, and his skill is comparable with that of Oracle's. He fought and gained the upper hand in a fight with Dick as well. Ra's Al Ghul now believes Tim is his worthy successor, not Bruce, and called him Detective. He outsmarted Ra's, took on the Russian Unternet, defeated the Council of Spiders while protecting Tam, is practically unstoppable if he has prep before a battle, outsmarted Lady Shiva, created a systematic way of stopping all criminals with The Hit List, and has done all this... at the age of 17. I believe, when Tim is older, he will be the greatest Martial Artist, Detective (He already is), Hacker, and Batman. He will be the deadliest member of the Bat-Family.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iLLituracy

I'm not sure about him becoming the greatest martial artist, but Tim is formidable enough to be a significant threat now and a imminent threat in the future, IMO.  

This also should be in the Tim Drake board, not off-topic.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By KEROGA

he totally has potential,he could be an awesome bad guy

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Superguy0009e

Tim Drake (after Dick) is the next Batman, if he takes it up, he will be the best Batman ever, he is that talented

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

1 correction Cass Cain comes before Dick and Jason on the Baat fighting scale, but other than that i'm in complete agreement

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RainEffect

Having written my own blog on why I love Tim Drake, I actually like the idea of being to comment on someone else's. 

Tim is Batman as a teenager. Sure, he might not have the sheer martial arts prowess that Cassandra or Dick has, but he's got two of the most pivotal aspects of Bruce Wayne down - the detective ability and the emotionally detached persona. No one else can detach themselves quite like Tim can (aside from Bruce, obviously) and that is where Tim is set apart from the rest of the Bat family. Damien is a little twat and doesn't fall into the same league as the big three (Dick, Jason and Tim) so I'm not including him. Dick's got too much heart to be Batman, in my opinion. He wasn't never meant to be Batman, he was always meant to be his own man. Jason would slander the name of Batman by being a murderous psycho, plus his intellect is not on the same level as Tim's. That leaves Tim. As Bruce said in Hush - "Tim wants to be the World's Greatest Detective, and from what I've seen, he will be someday". 

"You are a very dangerous man, Timothy." - Ra's al Ghul

Oh yeah, I HATE the Steph/Tim relationship. I just don't think they were meant to be. Lynx and Red Robin, on the other hand, is awesome.

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Duo_forbidden

When it comes to fighting, I still think he's the second weakest (Damian<Tim<Jason<Dick<Cassandra<Bruce). But when it comes to intelligence, he can be as scary as Bruce. The last issue of Red Robin pretty much proved that he can be capable of becoming a villain or the next Batman if he decided to be. 

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

@RainEffect: Isn't it kind of weird that you hate the Bruce Selina (I agree by the way) relationship but you like the Tim Lynx relationship when Lynx is described as being Tim's catwoman? not trying to start a fight or anything just find it knid of wierd

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Superguy0009e

@RainEffect: u do got to give it to damien though, he has the skillz

218Comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 218Comics

Batman was always the deadliest member of the Bat Family... until Damien came along.

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WhiteLightning

I think if Tim tries hard enough, his Martial Arts skills can climb astronomically. Like I said, his skills with the Bo Staff are pretty insane. And, in one of the last few issues of Robin, Tim fought Cassandra after being worn down by a fight with 20+ ninjas, and although the fight was never resolved, it was looking like a stalemate. Add the worn down factor, and his prowess as Red Robin, the order would go Bruce-Dick-Tim-Cass. And, in Red Robin #16 or 17, Tim makes Cass look kind of foolish. Tim's fighting skills increase with his intelligence, as his main form of fighting is deducing weak points and HOW to fight particular enemies with data and statistics on them. So when Tim's intelligence gets him to the point where he's the smartest, couldn't it be logical to assume he'll be the deadliest fighter? Just a thought. Let me know what you guys think on the Fighting=Intelligence for Tim topic.

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WhiteLightning

@RainEffect: Your blog post inspired mine. :)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

@WhiteLightning said:

I love Tim Drake. He's tied for my favorite DC character with Hal Jordan and Wally West. And I have one question:Could he be the deadliest member of the Bat-Family? Now, this is my OPINION, but I say yes, he will be. What does that mean? Well, In terms of Bat-Fam deadliness, it goes Bruce-Dick-Jason. Jason beat tim many times as Robin, but he has gotten a lot better. I think right now, he is almost as good as Jason. And for the Damian fans, Tim demolished him in Red Robin #14, as he always held back before. His intelligence exceeds ALL members of the Bat-Fam, including Bruce. Bruce said Tim was smarter than him before. Dick said so as well, also adding that he was a better Robin than Dick, and he will probably be a better Batman too. NOw, Tim is also the most like Bruce. They are the two smartest-the World's Two Greatest Detectives- and use that in their most difficult battles. All members have experienced unspeakable tragedy- but Tim has had the most. His parents were killed when he he was 13-15, which means he bonded with them more than all the other members. His two best-friends(Superboy and Kid Flash), his girlfriend(Spoiler), a love interest(The Old Lynx), Bruce, Darla Aquista, and some other people. His skill with the Bo Staff is unrivaled, as he is the best Stick Fighter on Earth. He is also very agile, of course, not as agile as Dick or Jason, but quite agile. He is very Tech-Savvy, and his skill is comparable with that of Oracle's. He fought and gained the upper hand in a fight with Dick as well. Ra's Al Ghul now believes Tim is his worthy successor, not Bruce, and called him Detective. He outsmarted Ra's, took on the Russian Unternet, defeated the Council of Spiders while protecting Tam, is practically unstoppable if he has prep before a battle, outsmarted Lady Shiva, created a systematic way of stopping all criminals with The Hit List, and has done all this... at the age of 17. I believe, when Tim is older, he will be the greatest Martial Artist, Detective (He already is), Hacker, and Batman. He will be the deadliest member of the Bat-Family.

I have adressed Ra's and Shiva as well as Bruce's comment.

If statements mattered then i guess Bane is the second most dangerous man on Earth and Sentry has the power of a billion suns.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By RainEffect
    @entropy_aegis said:

@WhiteLightning said:

and Sentry has the power of a billion suns.
    Shhhh! You might bring Ezneru back!
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis

@RainEffect said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@WhiteLightning said:

LOL

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren

Alfred has always been numero uno in the Wayne household. Always will be.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

No, Tim lacks Bruce's paranoia and ridiculous levels of forethought, which is crucial to being Batman.  

But even then, Tim will never be as good a Batman as Bruce Wayne, because he lacks Bruce's tragedy. Yes, Tim has had a tragic life, but he himself is not tragic. Bruce Wayne is Batman, he's the most dangerous member of the Bat-family, and he always will be. Offhand conjecture based on a few lines in a Robin solo series won't change that. 

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@entropy_aegis said:

@RainEffect said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@WhiteLightning said:

LOL

Did he get banned?

@RainEffect said:

Having written my own blog on why I love Tim Drake, I actually like the idea of being to comment on someone else's.

Tim is Batman as a teenager. Sure, he might not have the sheer martial arts prowess that Cassandra or Dick has, but he's got two of the most pivotal aspects of Bruce Wayne down - the detective ability and the emotionally detached persona. No one else can detach themselves quite like Tim can (aside from Bruce, obviously) and that is where Tim is set apart from the rest of the Bat family. Damien is a little twat and doesn't fall into the same league as the big three (Dick, Jason and Tim) so I'm not including him. Dick's got too much heart to be Batman, in my opinion. He wasn't never meant to be Batman, he was always meant to be his own man. Jason would slander the name of Batman by being a murderous psycho, plus his intellect is not on the same level as Tim's. That leaves Tim. As Bruce said in Hush - "Tim wants to be the World's Greatest Detective, and from what I've seen, he will be someday". "You are a very dangerous man, Timothy." - Ra's al Ghul Oh yeah, I HATE the Steph/Tim relationship. I just don't think they were meant to be. Lynx and Red Robin, on the other hand, is awesome.

I agree with every thing you say

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

Tim Drake: potential to mentally surpass Bruce

Damian Wayne: potential at becoming a better martial artist than Bruce

Dick Grayson: potential to be Bruce

Jason Todd: got replaced by Tim as Robin and Damian as the Bat family's psychopath black sheep. Of no further use in assigning a bat emblem on his chest.

Bruce Wayne: got lazy with contraceptives. Definitive Batman.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BatteredArmor

FTBB makes a good point from a literary perspective Tim isn't a tragic hero so much as a hero with a tragic past. It felt like in RR#25 they took steps to change that by having Tam point out Tim's tragic flaw something he always lacked and something that you need to technically be a tragic hero but even then Tim's tragic flaw isn't as good as Bruces and it may not even still stand post reboot. Looking at tragic flaws is really intresting with the bat family and Tim's is the least engaing of the three i've seen

Bruce: Obsession

Dick: Optomism(something along those lines it's what james gordon jr manipulated at the end of detective comics)

Tim: his plans work but hurt his friends......something like that

Jason and Damian have one to but i don't know enough about their charecters to really guess

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fodigg

I love Tim Drake, he's my favorite of the Bat-Kicks and right up there with my love for Bruce. That's why this type of thinking "he's the best at everything" worries me. If he's the best at everything then he's not really distinct anymore. That's why I don't mind it when writers downplay his combat abilities in favor of his strategic/deductive abilities. I think that's more definitive Tim than playing him up as a Lady Shiva-trained martial artist.

Ultimately, any member of the Bat-Family could defeat any other member in the right fight depending on the needs of the story. Hence why we have Babs able to rough up ex-Batman Dick Grayson over in Batgirl. Just assume that they're all in the same "tier" of martial abilities (except maybe Cassandra being one tier above, although she has her own limitations and possibly doesn't exist anymore) and that should be enough.

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WhiteLightning

@FadeToBlackBolt: Ummm.... Read Red Robin #26 and your comment of his forethought will change. Read Red Robin: The Hit List and your comment on paranoia will change.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By luckydomino1

this is really laughable

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WhiteLightning

@luckydomino1: Why? I'm expressing my OPINION aren't I? God, people are real dic*s on the Internet sometimes.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

no...as of now, i say he's the least deadliest, i think Bruce,  Dick, Cass and Jason have much more fighting ability, i see Damien over shadowing him very soon, the only one i see Tim being better than, is Steph

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BatteredArmor

@The Stegman: also from what i'v seen barbra but he really solidly beat damian so unless they skip at least 2 years worth of training damian won't even be a challenge any time soon

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KingofMadCows

Yes, Tim has a long bright future as Joker Jr.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By Pokeysteve

Tim is definitely awesome but calling him the "deadliest" member of the Bat Family isn't right. Kind of like calling Sea Turtles the deadliest marine creature. Tim doesn't kill people.

Has DC done any future stories where Tim is Batman?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @BlackArmor: meh i don't wanna count Babs yet...i say pre 52 babs could beat him (when she wasn't in the chair obviously) but the new one doesn't have enough showings yet besides that lil sparring session with Nightwing. And i think Damien has the potential to beat Tim in the future
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Pokeysteve: yes in Titans of Tommorow he used the gun that killed Bruces parents to kill all the villans in Gotham the story opens with him shooting Dula Dent in the face, When they redid Titans of Tommorow Tim was potrayed as a the same corrupt Batman except this time he basically lead Justice League Unlimmited , and in Red Robin Tim as Batman was shown as a possible future but not elaborated on for more than a panel, intrestingly enough his bat suit resembled the Batman Beynond suit. DC hasn't really done any otherworld books potraying Tim as Batman but i hope they will

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WhiteLightning

@Pokeysteve: 1.) Ya, he was Batman and very DEADLY.

2.) I never said he was the deadliest, of course he isn.t,,, now. I'm talking in the future, when he's at his prime.

3.) I never said he will, but if he did (hypothetically, of course) he would be, inthe future.

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WhiteLightning

@The Stegman: I would have to disagree with you on that, given Tim's enormous talent, but it's your opinion, and I'm not anyone to say you're wrong, so...

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BatteredArmor

@The Stegman: Tim's my favorite Robin but i definetly expect Damian to be able to beat him in the distant future but no time soon and i'm not familair with either pre wheel chair Babs or current her so i don't know about before but from what i saw in number 1 she seemes way to offbalance to really beat anyone from the bat family but i stopped reading after number 1 so i don't know how she faired against Dick

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @WhiteLightning: meh, i just see him as more of a detective than fighter, although he is a very very good fighter
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34  Edited By Pokeysteve

@BlackArmor: Thank you for the info.

@WhiteLightning said:

@Pokeysteve: 1.) Ya, he was Batman and very DEADLY.

2.) I never said he was the deadliest, of course he isn.t,,, now. I'm talking in the future, when he's at his prime.

3.) I never said he will, but if he did (hypothetically, of course) he would be, inthe future.

I'm focused on the word itself. Deadliest. The word implies he kills people. Punisher is deadly while Spider-Man is not. I'm just nit picking English and don't disagree with your post. Someday Tim will be a major Bad Ass. I hope he has better people skills than Bruce haha.

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WhiteLightning

@The Stegman: I do too, but Tim's fighting skills have been escalating enormously since he became Red Robin. And am I the only one who was enraged when Tim lost his Robin role, but now likes him more as Red Robin?

@ Pokeysteve He will definitely be a MAJOR BAD ASS, and I hope he bests everyone, not only Bruce.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @WhiteLightning: oh no, Tim's my personal favorite of all the Robins, i think he's the funniest,the best detective, and the most qualified to one day become Batman...just not the evil future Tim Batman....or the Joker for that matter
    luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By luckydomino1

let me finish kanye west and calm down you do know these are fictinal characters right he may be the smartest but hes got a long way if he wants to be the strongest

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WhiteLightning

@The Stegman: Uggghhh... If I hear anyone say Joker Jr one more time, I'm gonna go around and burn every copy of Batman Beyond Return of the Joker I can find!

WhiteLightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WhiteLightning

@luckydomino1 One, it's my opinion, you can't say anyone's opinion is wrong unless you have factual evidence to support your contradiction, which you can't, because I'm talking about when he reaches his prime, not NOW, so any evidence you have is in the present, and can't be used in representation of prediction or advancement, because I never once said he's the strongest now, I said if he continues to escalate like this, I BELIEVE he WILL be. And two, yes, they are fictional characters, but why make characters and stories unless they mean something to you and hold a special place in your heart, because Tim got me into comics, and I'm grateful for the opportunity he (meaning the people who write him) gave me to be able to immerse in a culture of art and literature where the IMPOSSIBLE means POSSIBLE, so Tim holds a very special place in my hypothetical comic book heart, and I don't find it laughable at all. And finally, I HATE Kanye West, he's an arrogant asshole douchebag, and you saying my blog is laughable is being way more of douche bag than me snapping back in defense of my article.

ShadowJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

considering Tim is nothing but a blank slate for nerds to project themselves on, it's no wonder some would actually think this

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lhynn

@shadowjax: Uh? Tim wasnt a blank slate, not even when conceived. I dont even know where you could possibly defend that moronic statement.

ShadowJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Soulaf: I don't even know where you could possibly deny it, he comes from an ordinary background and essentially got to be Robin by being a Batman nerd and he's major defining trait among the Robins is being "smart"

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By theredhood44

@whitelightning: nah bro, jason has gotten alot better and the order rn is

Cassie/JPV(maybe not paul but hes there)>bruce>dick/jason>tim>Damien

The thing is tim aint gonna surpass jason anytime soon

-hood

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowjax: That doesnt mean blank slate, just means normal kid, with a normal background. Like Batman, Superman, Flash, Flash, Captain America, Cyborg, etc. Regular kid that encountered something that changed everything forever. Its a pretty common trope.

His mayor defining trait among the batfamily is being the brain, i agree. Much like jasons defining trait is being angry (which he isnt anymore), or dick being the acrobat, or stephanie being the klutz.

They are not solely defined by said trait, its just the one that comes to light the most.

Tim is a fairly complex individual, what defines his struggle is that he has a need to do the right thing tho. Like spiderman or superman, he will put his life on hold to do the right thing. This is his main motivation. While dick does it for the adventure and because its everything he knows, and jason does it because he wants to prove himself, and damian does it because he is scared of what he would become if he didnt try to be like batman.

He is pragmatic, selfless, and detached. He is a jerk, but to the one he is the biggest jerk to is himself, so its an endearing quality instead of one that puts the reader off. He is cautious because he is afraid of failure. But he isnt afraid of failing, he is afraid of disappointing Batman and Dick. They are the two people he cares the most about. Pressure and hardship drives him to improve, and he improves so fast even Bruce and Ras admire him. He starts as the least capable robin, and through hard work and perseverance he becomes the best.

JohnClark43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, it seems like the latest Detective Comics makes this whole thing pretty clear. Tim at Bruce's age can basically take down the entire Batfam single-handedly and hold his own against f*cking Doomsday. He may be a borderline-evil anti-hero but he's definitely the deadliest of the bunch. Personally, I'm not wild about the fact that future Tim goes so dark and semi-evilish, because it feels like a betrayal of his core character, but the dude is a stonecold badass.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.