Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

How do you feel about Tim's design on Young Justice

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are your thoughts on this version of Tim?

Do you like it?

Do you hate it and why?

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By comkid100

If you mean what do I think about Tim's design on Dick Grayson then I like it but I wished that didn't just take Tim's design, I liked the original one better.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I like it. Wish the hair could have been a bit better. but over all it's a great design

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comkid100 said:

If you mean what do I think about Tim's design on Dick Grayson then I like it but I wished that didn't just take Tim's design, I liked the original one better.

No dick is Nightwing on YJ now. SORRY FOR SPOILERS ANYONE READING THIS. the Robin in the pic is Tim as Tim is official in YJ now. Its been 5 years since last weeks episode of YJ

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

I like it

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

I think it's perfect.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dhor

@The_Tree said:

I think it's perfect.

agreed. perfect fir for the character

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RogueOracle

It really suits him. If they gave him longer hair he could easily be confused with a younger Dick Grayson. Though it does looka bit too cropped and reminds me of Damien.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

It's great. Suits him just fine.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

That game s awesome btw

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackArmor said:

That game s awesome btw

I havent played it yet

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BatteredArmor

@redbird3rdboywonder: Just played it because of the picture you put in the OP and it was pretty good, I recommend it

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackArmor: Alright Thanks Il go play it soon

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I think his suit looks awesome and love that he's on the team now. Great addition.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By jrock85

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I like it. Wish the hair could have been a bit better. but over all it's a great design

Pretty much how I feel.

RedRobin183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedRobin183

I don't like his hair when it's wet and the sides of his torso but other than that I think he looks perfect.

Anyone else hoping Scott Menville would voice him? :p

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Much better than his new 52 design, but he could lose the militant haircut.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By noj

@royale_with_cheese: The New 52 design for Tim Drake was for Red Robin, not Robin.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

@royale_with_cheese: The New 52 design for Tim Drake was for Red Robin, not Robin.

I actually meant the concept of new designs in general, regardless of Tim's alias.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CrimsonCake

The only problem I have is the hair.If they could only make it slightly longer.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ms__omega

Love it.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By KainScion

a little butch, but ok

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

#23  Edited By Durakken

Sorry, that character on Young Justice not Tim Drake. It neither looks like him nor acts like him so it is not him. Also he's not really on the show so much as he made a cameo just to say he was there.

While I do like the show I don't like that they called it Young Justice. It has been just about anything but Young Justice. It was Teen Titans and now its more Outsiders. It's irritating that they use everything about Tim Drake, but refuse to call him that, and then when he does make an appearance they make him so radically different it's him in name only, just like it is Dick Grayson in name only.

saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By saturnssailor

@Durakken: I completely agree. I love Dick Grayson, but just as I wouldn't want Tim Drake to be where Dick Grayson should be I don't like Dick being where Tim should be. They took his personality, talents and everything else and just added a lot of immaturity and said "See! He's really upbeat and totally Dick Grayson." It has actually had a lot of the plot lines of the Young Justice comics (ex. "Secrets", "Misplaced").

I like the show, but sometimes it's really hard to get over how much they're changing just so that they can say that they have the original Robin.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By rogue_mar1e

I like it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Durakken said:

Sorry, that character on Young Justice not Tim Drake. It neither looks like him nor acts like him so it is not him. Also he's not really on the show so much as he made a cameo just to say he was there.

well, Tim Drake hasn't really had a centric episode as of yet, so while I agree he has just made cameos basically thus far...I don't think its really fair to judge his character portrayal yet  

@Durakken said:

While I do like the show I don't like that they called it Young Justice. It has been just about anything but Young Justice. It was Teen Titans and now its more Outsiders. It's irritating that they use everything about Tim Drake, but refuse to call him that, and then when he does make an appearance they make him so radically different it's him in name only, just like it is Dick Grayson in name only.

Thats just it, the show is just called Young Justice as obviously Teen Titans was already a show....they take storylines from both Young justice comics and teen Titans and amalgamate with their own, original stories...so bottom line...Its "Young Justice" in title only.

Dick Grayson has had a bunch of different portrayals in the comics dependent on the writer, this version of him is basically a modern retelling of the character, people always seem to be upset that Dick is a computer whiz being that was notoriously Tims schtick. It makes complete sense, regardless of the character, that Batmans sidekick would be knowledgeable of computers especially in a modern setting where they are everywhere.
    sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By sinestro_GL

I'm alright with it. For those not too happy with the design, I'm sure that it'll grow on you.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

#28  Edited By Durakken

@cattlebattle said:

@Durakken said:

well, Tim Drake hasn't really had a centric episode as of yet, so while I agree he has just made cameos basically thus far...I don't think its really fair to judge his character portrayal yet

@Durakken said:

Thats just it, the show is just called Young Justice as obviously Teen Titans was already a show....they take storylines from both Young justice comics and teen Titans and amalgamate with their own, original stories...so bottom line...Its "Young Justice" in title only. Dick Grayson has had a bunch of different portrayals in the comics dependent on the writer, this version of him is basically a modern retelling of the character, people always seem to be upset that Dick is a computer whiz being that was notoriously Tims schtick. It makes complete sense, regardless of the character, that Batmans sidekick would be knowledgeable of computers especially in a modern setting where they are everywhere.

Not really. Being comfortable with computers and being a "whiz" at them is completely different. While Dick should and does know a bit about computers, he is the athletic type who gets lost in the adventure while out and about. This is why Cyborg fits with Dick in Teen Titans...because Dick isn't a tech nut and would prefer to stay away from it.

Each Robin can be summed up pretty quickly though...

Bruce = Necessity.

Dick = Fun.

Jason = Vengeance.

Tim = Righteousness.

Stephany = Self-Discovery.

Damian = Respect.

Those are the reasons each Robin became Robin.

Every incarnation of Robin i have seen outside of comics is almost always Dick who almost always gets the personality right, but never understand where that fun loving side of Dick is derived and it is made worse by splicing Tim's attributes onto him to make it "modern" which is unneeded. Dick is an athlete, pure and simple. He derives pleasures from the adventure and honing his physical skills to the max, pushing himself further and further. Tim on the other hand is an observer. He has a drive to make himself and those around him better and to do this he sharpens his intellect and his command of the world, deriving his pleasure from cracking a difficult mental puzzle or completely defeating someone long before the first moves have been made.

If I read through the comics there are issues that explain these traits perfectly that I've read and it is shown throughout their modern depictions in the comics (except for the last year which has largely been garbage v.v). One of the more pronounced things I remember about Tim is just how much he lords him knowing everyone else' Secret ID while noone can figure out his. Likewise, the Red Robin series is nearly perfect in showing his character, especially the confrontation with Ra's and the final issue. Dick on the other hand would find those things boring and would much rather just straight up fight Ra's.

I don't like the portrayals of Tim outside of media, for the same reason I hate idiots splicing on Tim to Dick, for the lack of understanding the character. Tim is not Tim. Tim when he isn't in the comics is Jason, a whiny, ignorant, kid, who is out for vengeance and looks on Bruce as a Father figure, mixed with a younger Dick and slightly toned down. That is the character we are always given and it is the character a lot of people hated or found annoying. And again it is a complete misunderstanding of the character. Tim is about doing what is right. He doesn't care about vengeance or "being" Robin, and while he respects Bruce he doesn't have a complex about him.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Twentyfive

I know it's Tim's colors, but since Dick practically wore his costume in season one, I was expecting to see some green in it like Dick's old outfit. Shame this show is going the dark route.

Similarly, I was hoping they would go Blue/Grey/Yellow with Babs, but they go with such a bland costume.

On the bright side, Cassie, Jaime, and Karen are my favorite new additions, and they all look awesome.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

Love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.