Follow

Thundercats

Team » Thundercats appears in 221 issues.

The Thundercats are a group of anthropomorphic felines who fight with The Mutants in the fictional Third Earth world. They are led by Lion-O. Recently they have had books published under Wildstorm.

Thundercats 80´s has no comparison (2011 version is garbage)

Planner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Planner

I'm a big fan of the Thundercats and I feel offended

The new version of Thundercats 2011 is an insult to this wonderful saga .. Lion-O in this new version is a king with a crown but without control, nobody obeys, and has hair like Super Saiyan Goku .. Panthro looks like a kung fu Panda.. Cheetara is originally a serious character and in this version is sexy and naughty .. Tigra in this new version is arrogant.. the real story has been distorted

This new version (Thundercats 2011) is garbage, and because of this should be canceled

This new version has had poor success, and for this reason it is likely to disappear this crap (should never exist)

The big difference between the design of the characters is evident (80´s 2011)

The second season should not arise, for the sake of humanity, do not want to imagine the adorable Lunatacs and Skytombs in this new version (not want to throw up)

I support the cancellation of Thundercats 2011, it is obvious that it is a failure, otherwise you would not be thinking of the cancellation

Thundercats 80's no comparison

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Luna (Lunatacs)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't know if we watched the same series or you just watched the first episode and based it completely off that cause some of your descriptions for the characters are honestly complete bogus. And in your little rant you didn't really even explain any reason to hate it, it's just "garbage this, kung fu Panda that."

I loved the series and found plenty of homages to the classic version and even some things better than the classic. But hey, to each his own.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I really like the new series. You should give it a shot if you haven't. It's a reboot, of course it isn't going to be the same.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Hazlenaut

G1 whiner, pleese put away the nostalgia goggles. Do not be shallow; it has been long time for this series to return. This is a new universe expect differences and it is far better what they did in the comic book. As adaptions we see far more character to each of them.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Hazlenaut said:

G1 whiner

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

I don't know if we watched the same series or you just watched the first episode and based it completely off that cause some of your descriptions for the characters are honestly complete bogus. And in your little rant you didn't really even explain any reason to hate it, it's just "garbage this, kung fu Panda that."

I loved the series and found plenty of homages to the classic version and even some things better than the classic. But hey, to each his own.

This. Love the show.

Planner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Planner

@god_spawn said:

the real story (canon) has been distorted

@jloneblackheart said:

I really like the new series. You should give it a shot if you haven't. It's a reboot, of course it isn't going to be the same.

THE CANON must be respected

@Hazlenaut said:

G1 whiner, pleese put away the nostalgia goggles. Do not be shallow; it has been long time for this series to return. This is a new universe expect differences and it is far better what they did in the comic book. As adaptions we see far more character to each of them.

Thundercats 1980 is the canon ............. this new version is the equivalent in comics = Superman 4 (movie) or Batman Forever (is an insult and is not canon)

THE CANON must be respected.. in Marvel Comics, in DC Comics, in Cartoons Warner, in Capcom videogames, etc, etc..

if this new version is a success, there would be no chance of cancellation............................

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#8  Edited By Joygirl

Dude, you're starting to sound like some kind of killer robot with that canon business. "THE CANON MUST BE RESPECTED. EXTEEERMINATE. EXTEEERMINAAATE." The new show is good. Maybe you dislike it -- that's your opinion, and opinions, even wrong ones, are all allowed. There's no reason to try to get it cancelled when so many people, including myself and my associates, enjoy it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Planner: Soooo you have no real explanation then, right? Cause it isn't canon is the reason? It was never meant to be canon to the 80's series and it's quite obvious to everyone that has watched both shows. It is canon to it's own series. At least the new had homages regarding it's predecessor showing respect for the old series. Here I'm going to run through your rant and explain everything that is wrong about it.

Lion-O in this new version is a king with a crown but without control, nobody obeys

Everyone listened to him. In every episode after the first there have maybe 2 instances out of 26 episodes where someone did not listen.

1: Panthro in one episode only. Why? Cause Lion-O is young and Panthro said he had to earn his respect. What did Lion-O do in that episode? Destroyed the driller and Panthro called him his king.

2: Tygra in an episode later in the series when they were heading into the Astral Plane. Why did he disobey Lion-O? Cause they were found out and were disarmed and practically helpless, Tygra did what he had to to save the team. Every episode before that he listened to Lion-O's decisions.

and has hair like Super Saiyan Goku

It was drawn under anime style. There are plenty of spiked up hairs and it was by no means ridiculous in length like Goku's is. But hey, classic 80's Lion-O had thehair of wishing troll and wore a 2 piece suit of armor that looked like a sports bra and metal panties. You want to complain about outfits, there you go.

Panthro looks like a kung fu Panda

Classic Panthro looked more like a bat than a cat which is ironic cause he has a phobia about them. New Panthro was supposed to look hardened and disciplined at the same time, hence the bushido like hair and all the scars. It was made for his NEW character.

Cheetara is originally a serious character and in this version is sexy and naughty

Classic Cheetara had her tits hanging out in the first episode of the 80's series. New Cheetara may incorporate a more sexual design but that is how most medias are nowadays. 2011 Cheetara was not naughty, she did nothing even sexy. "ZOMG SHE KISSED LION-O IN GOOD FAITH IN AN EPISODE AND GAVE HIM SUPPORT WHILE EVERYONE ELSE COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS DECISIONS REGARDLESS OF FOLLOWING THEM ANYWAY AND SHE SCOLDED SAID PEOPLE TOO. WHAT A SL*T!!" She was the most caring and mature of the cats in the beginning, she did what she was ordered to and watch Lion-O. Sure she may have come off a bit strong in his mind but she was doing what she thought best. Not her fault she grew up to be hot and sheltered her life away to train for the clerics studying day in and out under Jaga. She no way made passes at him, no way went to his tent while camping and flirted with him. Lion-O got wrong signals and guess what, so did many viewers but it was cleared up pretty quickly in episode 14. She's been faithful to Tygra the entire series and the most she did to him was kiss him.

Tigra in this new version is arrogant

So what if he is cocky? Big deal, at least he can swim in both states. Yeah, classic Tygra could not swim unless invisible which made no sense. Did you know new Tygra can swim yet they paid homage to his problem with water by getting seasick? Probably not. New Tygra was cocky for a reason, he believed he was a better king than Lion-O cause he grew with the knowledge that he was going to be king. Then his adoptive mother got pregnant and died at birth causing him to blame Lion-O for her death and his stripping of the royal crown. He always took his shots at proving himself better, he was always fighting to prove he would be a better king. Unlike Lion-O, who is spoiled, never shirked off his royal duties. Tygra did everything he was supposed to all because he wanted to prove he could be a good king. But when their father died Tygra may have had his problems with Lion-O's decisions but always listened. Even when he left him for dead in the pit in the Astral Realm he came back. When Lion-O died and Tygra took command he actually said he couldn't do a better job than Lion-O. Where is his attitude there? That's humility.

This new version has had poor success, and for this reason it is likely to disappear this crap (should never exist)

It had one of CN's highest rated debuts and the show has been reviewed positively for the most part. Sure it had it's decline but it was also on a Friday night and the problem with the decline and overall series was also a lack of the toys cause they pushed too many too early and never really advertised the series. Despite that, when moved to Saturday mornings the ratings doubled and the toy line is still continuing. DC is also making digital comics for the series and season 2 recordings are taking place. The show is still in limbo but if it is doing as bad as you think it is then it would have been cancelled by now.

New show, duh.

I support the cancellation of Thundercats 2011, it is obvious that it is a failure, otherwise you would not be thinking of the cancellation

We get you don't like it but Avengers EMH was cancelled despite being Disney XD's most popular show and shows like Samurai Jack and Symbionic Titan were cancelled prematurely despite being great shows.

I love both shows, I really do. And everyone is entitled to their opinion but at least have a reason why you don't like it that doesn't suck.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn: Brilliant as always.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

At least Lion-o has pants now :P

Planner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Planner

@god_spawn: the new version 2011 has had low success, the new characters have a very different personality and appearance to the original version .. If a new version of Batman with a cheerful personality and fun? (equal to Batman Adam West 80's) want to vomit

Thundercats was the first to appear first in cartoons and comics after, and because of this the canon is Cartoons

you can search on Google Images thundercats and 90% of the pictures are from 1985 and 10% of the pictures are from the 2011 version, this shows the little success of this new version. The second season should not appear.

The X-Men also have a version of Japanese anime and was a failure, this version did not have the success of the X-Men cartoon 90's

but X-Men japanese anime is nice and the essence of the characters remains intact

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I love the new show. One of my fav cartoons out right now.

Planner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Planner

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I love the new show. One of my fav cartoons out right now.

let us all pray to God, that the second season is canceled .. God is merciful and will not allow such a horrible thing to happen

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KnightRise

@Planner: Nostalgia hipster. That, or a troll because the same "points" you keep repeating are baseless hogwash.

@god_spawn said:

@Planner: Soooo you have no real explanation then, right? Cause it isn't canon is the reason? It was never meant to be canon to the 80's series and it's quite obvious to everyone that has watched both shows. It is canon to it's own series. At least the new had homages regarding it's predecessor showing respect for the old series. Here I'm going to run through your rant and explain everything that is wrong about it.

Lion-O in this new version is a king with a crown but without control, nobody obeys

Everyone listened to him. In every episode after the first there have maybe 2 instances out of 26 episodes where someone did not listen.

1: Panthro in one episode only. Why? Cause Lion-O is young and Panthro said he had to earn his respect. What did Lion-O do in that episode? Destroyed the driller and Panthro called him his king.

2: Tygra in an episode later in the series when they were heading into the Astral Plane. Why did he disobey Lion-O? Cause they were found out and were disarmed and practically helpless, Tygra did what he had to to save the team. Every episode before that he listened to Lion-O's decisions.

and has hair like Super Saiyan Goku

It was drawn under anime style. There are plenty of spiked up hairs and it was by no means ridiculous in length like Goku's is. But hey, classic 80's Lion-O had thehair of wishing troll and wore a 2 piece suit of armor that looked like a sports bra and metal panties. You want to complain about outfits, there you go.

Panthro looks like a kung fu Panda

Classic Panthro looked more like a bat than a cat which is ironic cause he has a phobia about them. New Panthro was supposed to look hardened and disciplined at the same time, hence the bushido like hair and all the scars. It was made for his NEW character.

Cheetara is originally a serious character and in this version is sexy and naughty

Classic Cheetara had her tits hanging out in the first episode of the 80's series. New Cheetara may incorporate a more sexual design but that is how most medias are nowadays. 2011 Cheetara was not naughty, she did nothing even sexy. "ZOMG SHE KISSED LION-O IN GOOD FAITH IN AN EPISODE AND GAVE HIM SUPPORT WHILE EVERYONE ELSE COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS DECISIONS REGARDLESS OF FOLLOWING THEM ANYWAY AND SHE SCOLDED SAID PEOPLE TOO. WHAT A SL*T!!" She was the most caring and mature of the cats in the beginning, she did what she was ordered to and watch Lion-O. Sure she may have come off a bit strong in his mind but she was doing what she thought best. Not her fault she grew up to be hot and sheltered her life away to train for the clerics studying day in and out under Jaga. She no way made passes at him, no way went to his tent while camping and flirted with him. Lion-O got wrong signals and guess what, so did many viewers but it was cleared up pretty quickly in episode 14. She's been faithful to Tygra the entire series and the most she did to him was kiss him.

Tigra in this new version is arrogant

So what if he is cocky? Big deal, at least he can swim in both states. Yeah, classic Tygra could not swim unless invisible which made no sense. Did you know new Tygra can swim yet they paid homage to his problem with water by getting seasick? Probably not. New Tygra was cocky for a reason, he believed he was a better king than Lion-O cause he grew with the knowledge that he was going to be king. Then his adoptive mother got pregnant and died at birth causing him to blame Lion-O for her death and his stripping of the royal crown. He always took his shots at proving himself better, he was always fighting to prove he would be a better king. Unlike Lion-O, who is spoiled, never shirked off his royal duties. Tygra did everything he was supposed to all because he wanted to prove he could be a good king. But when their father died Tygra may have had his problems with Lion-O's decisions but always listened. Even when he left him for dead in the pit in the Astral Realm he came back. When Lion-O died and Tygra took command he actually said he couldn't do a better job than Lion-O. Where is his attitude there? That's humility.

It had one of CN's highest rated debuts and the show has been reviewed positively for the most part. Sure it had it's decline but it was also on a Friday night and the problem with the decline and overall series was also a lack of the toys cause they pushed too many too early and never really advertised the series. Despite that, when moved to Saturday mornings the ratings doubled and the toy line is still continuing. DC is also making digital comics for the series and season 2 recordings are taking place. The show is still in limbo but if it is doing as bad as you think it is then it would have been cancelled by now.

New show, duh.

We get you don't like it but Avengers EMH was cancelled despite being Disney XD's most popular show and shows like Samurai Jack and Symbionic Titan were cancelled prematurely despite being great shows.

I love both shows, I really do. And everyone is entitled to their opinion but at least have a reason why you don't like it that doesn't suck.

Good show, god_spawn

Planner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Planner

@KnightRise said:

Good show, god_spawn

What nonsense .. your opinion does not matter .. the season two will be canceled (by the grace of God) and I will be very happy when it happens, and at that point I would like to talk with you to see what you have to say about it

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KnightRise

@Planner said:

@KnightRise said:

Good show, god_spawn

What nonsense .. your opinion does not matter .. the season two will be canceled (by the grace of God) and I will be very happy when it happens, and at that point I would like to talk with you to see what you have to say about it

Yep, a troll. We're not suppossed to feed you, so I bid you adieu.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By SoA

@Joygirl: he could very well be a dalek

Planner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Planner

@KnightRise said:

Yep, a troll. We're not suppossed to feed you, so I bid you adieu.

I'm a troll? .. then how I can avoid being a troll?

I speak nice as you and flatter god_spawn? you want to run away from discussion (astute) obviously you have nothing to say

let's talk again when the second session is canceled, it will be interesting

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jhazzroucher

The old Thundercats cartoon series is way, way better than the new one.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cattlebattle

While the 80's series is indeed an untouchable classic, I did enjoy the new series, it was like an extremely science fiction oriented, classic literature epic, like the Odyssey or King Arthur. Lion-O travels the world to resurrect his fallen kingdom....good times

Planner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Planner

@jhazzroucher said:

The old Thundercats cartoon series is way, way better than the new one.

@cattlebattle said:

While the 80's series is indeed an untouchable classic, I did enjoy the new series, it was like an extremely science fiction oriented, classic literature epic, like the Odyssey or King Arthur. Lion-O travels the world to resurrect his fallen kingdom....good times

this is one of my favorite scenes (I love the thundercats)

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By monarch2016

can't stand this cartoon neither the 80's one nor the 2011's one

Planner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Planner

@baron2011 said:

can't stand this cartoon neither the 80's one nor the 2011's one

the 2011 version is Japanese anime, not cartoons ... if you do not like the cartoons, you can read the comics thundercats, but the canon is the cartoon

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By Onemoreposter

Dude. There's no such thing as "the canon." Every series has it's own. I understand this new series really upsets you. I'm not sure why. However, just because you don't like the new series makes it no less official than the 80's one. The 80's series just has the distinction of being the original.

Also, a cartoon is a cartoon, whether it's from America or Japan or it's made for people of all ages or it's R rated. It's all cartoons.

Planner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Planner

@Onemoreposter said:

Dude. There's no such thing as "the canon." Every series has it's own. I understand this new series really upsets you. I'm not sure why. However, just because you don't like the new series makes it no less official than the 80's one. The 80's series just has the distinction of being the original.

Also, a cartoon is a cartoon, whether it's from America or Japan or it's made for people of all ages or it's R rated. It's all cartoons.

I will not argue with someone ignorant on the topic... research, learn and after speak

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#27  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Why would I pray to God to have one of my favorite shows canceled? Hell why would I even pray to God to have ANY show canceled when there are much more dire matters like disease and famine in Africa.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@god_spawn: Beautifully put, consider yourself followed.

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Exactly. any god who is concerning themselves with a form of entertainment is seriously dropping the ball without taking care of important things first.

Look, I was a fan of many animated shows in the 80's, but we have to agree that production quality, story structure and character development for those shows had a much lower standard. Because of this all these shows have aged horribly.

One of my favorite shows of all time was the 80's Ninja Turtles, but looking back at that show it was barely put together enough to even be a show by today's standards. Corny jokes, choppy animation riddled with off model mistakes, simple plot lines lacking any subtlety and no throughout story arcs, assuring that every episode ended exactly where it started.

The original Thundercats was mired by the same shortcomings as all the other shows of that time. They were successful because all other shows were hampered by the same limitation, but when compared to shows of today, with all their advantages, they really can't hold their own.

Yes, when you look up Thundercats on line you will mostly find material referring to the old show, but that show was around for years and has had much more time for people to make online content related to them. The new show has been around for a year, not nearly enough time to overshadow the original in online exposure.

In my opinion, there isn't a single aspect in which the new series isn't superior to the old show. The new show has heavier plot lines, deeper character development, better voice acting, a more important long term goal, better animation, better designs...

What exactly is it that you prefer from the old series? The fact that Lion-O was a 10 year old who everyone blindly followed as their king? The fact that he had an annoying midgit-lizard creature who was his nanny? The fact that there were two obnoxious teens running around who sole purpose was to trigger traps accidentally or get captured and held hostage? Perhaps how no matter what happened in each episode, no characters ever changed or grew and were the same two dimensional place holder they were in the first? Or maybe it was that every character looked like David Bowie had his way with every animal in the "Africa Wing" of the local zoo to create the main characters?

Look, the old series had it's charm undoubtedly, but when you go over it with a critical eye and a fine-toothed comb, you can see that it was far from infallible. You may not like the new series, and that is your right, but all of this is fiction and entertainment and no one opinion has anymore truth or merit than any other.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheDude123

The only things good about the newer version were the full-plate lion armor, The sabre-toothed guy.and the Panther-chic.

They really screwed up Panthro bad. Really Bad. Stretchy berbil arms? Really?

Classic stuff here:

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@jloneblackheart said:

I agree. I watched the original when I was a kid, was pretty into it. Had a Lion-o figure and everything.

I watched the extended pilot of the new series...liked it too.

If you liked the original, that's great, go watch it. If you like the new one, that's great, go watch it.

It's perfectly acceptable to like both.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@jloneblackheart said:

I agree. I watched the original when I was a kid, was pretty into it. Had a Lion-o figure and everything.

I watched the extended pilot of the new series...liked it too.

If you liked the original, that's great, go watch it. If you like the new one, that's great, go watch it.

It's perfectly acceptable to like both.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Doesn't matter anymore really. They pulled the plug on the new series.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn said:

Doesn't matter anymore really. They pulled the plug on the new series.

Sad I loved the series. It had a more epic "literature" feel to it. A great journey about a young king reclaiming his kingdom after the death of his father with his allies. Along the way he learns, grows and does as much good as he can. I for one thought it was brilliant next to all these plotless cartoons where no one really progresses.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KnightRise

@Beast_in_the_Shadows: Why, oh why the bump? Nothing good was coming from this thread

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By joshmightbe

I loved the series as a kid but it hasn't aged well, if you take the nostalgia factor away its actually fairly silly really. I still don't hate it but lets not confuse liking a show when you were 10 with actual greatness cause while it was entertaining there were much better cartoons from the era.

Brotician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been watching the shows online and I wanted to find out why the show was cancelled and came across this and I just had to say this. Does it really even matter if something is canon or non-canon? We're talking about a show that was made literally decades ago to something that is decades later. This entire topic to me just shows that someone is in dire need of attention and has a great need to feel smarter than everyone else even if it's through the internet. It's a cartoon for goodness sake. Even if it did follow the canon you would still find something to complain about whether it was a blatant rip-off or that it still missed small details. It OBVIOUSLY wasn't meant to be a mirror of the old Thundercats and in saying that, again, you're not even incorporating the time difference either. Times change, people change, writers change, artists change. Just because something isn't canon doesn't mean the show isn't good in it's own right and it is simply your own opinion and that's it. YOU don't like the show, but that doesn't mean the show itself was bad because many people are upset the show is cancelled. Also people who have worked on the show even went as far as to at least share the ending for the show had they been able to continue their work. The writers cared enough to want to continue and cared enough for it's fans to make an effort to deliver something more than just an open ended ending like many other shows before it. In that sense, it wasn't that the show was bad, but I didn't even hear of a new Thundercats until way after it had been out for about a year. The advertising for the show was crap and the toys must've sold like crap as well because I have rarely seen the toys sold at local stores. At the end of the day, this isn't about whether something is canon or not and why it's garbage. It's a whining child in an adult's body who needs to a little bit of trolling, a dash of what he/she thinks is intelligence by spouting a few big words and words that everyone may not understand (I myself had to research what canon was because I'm not that huge of a nerd) and has an equal amount of self esteem to a turd. Seriously, if you're not even going to take the time to explain what made the 2011 show bad i.e. the story wasn't as exciting, character development was bad, etc. then just shut your mouth because you sound like an idiot. Comparing something to the original when the original is so old is ridiculous. I don't complain about my computer today because it isn't windows 97 run and I'm not using AOL internet. Give me a freakin' break.

TheCollectorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 75

bullshit i like the new Thundercats.

Lion-O is an interesting character and the series shows his growth.

It also explains the origins species on 3rd Earth.

And the cherry on the top it ties with another cartoon from long ago

nicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nah new show didn't really blow me away.I prefer old one. and its not cuz of any nostalgia. thundercats was hardly my favorite cartoon growing up. back then I liked it but Transformers & GI joe and just about every cartoon on the usa cartoon express Pus he man and she rah and bravestar always took 1st place. Shut UP! Still something about the old one just makes it timeless I dunno maybe its because the lunataks were so baddass .The new one looks newer as expected and the stories are nice but its missing that good old rankin bass flavor. shit maybe it is nostalgia. maybe I'm just old. but seriously the whole re imagining thing seemed interesting in the beginning and it seemed to have lots of promise but somewhere in between jaga being trapped in a bottle and pumyra being rebranded a psyco bitch I lost interest.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.