Follow

Thunderbolts

Team » Thunderbolts appears in 732 issues.

The Thunderbolts went through many evolutions: Baron Zemo's plan for world domination, a superhero team comprised of super-villains seeking redemption, Norman Osborn's personal hit squad, a government-sponsored prison reform project, and more. What they had in common was a roster that was always made of supervillains and anti-heroes willing to cross the lines other heroic teams wouldn't.

Bad new for Thunderbolts fans?

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DanialCarroll

I was just looking at the sales figures for Thunderbolts (Cage era), and it looks like it might reach Marvel's dreaded 20k cut-off by the end of the year :(

No Caption Provided
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By labarith

That is bad news. 

Maybe they'll ax Luke Cage, and give us better writing... 

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DMC

I would've kept reading, if Songbird was in charge and they didn't mess with her hair and personality. But things might have changed. It's been a while....

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DanialCarroll

@DMC said:

I would've kept reading, if Songbird was in charge and they didn't mess with her hair and personality. But things might have changed. It's been a while....

Someone was saying the other day that Cage is leaving after Fear Itself and Songbird is taking over as leader, so perhaps it's a good time for you to jump back in :)

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Baddamdog

Noooo, it's so rare that a non-Avengers/X-Men title goes on for as long as Thunderbolts has! And yes, Songbird's hair and personality needs to return!!

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DMC
    @Danial79 said:

@DMC said:

Someone was saying the other day that Cage is leaving after Fear Itself and Songbird is taking over as leader, so perhaps it's a good time for you to jump back in :)

apparently they're in the midst of recruiting a Beta Thunderbolts team that Songbird will lead.
    Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Cafeterialoca
    @DMC said:
    She IS leading right now and Cage is barely in the book now!  This is what I hate.  People jump off, then miss when they're getting what they want!  KEEP UP!!!!

And I'm going to be so pissed if T-bolts is canceled.  Hell, I might stop reading comics!
    Citizenv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Citizenv

Count me in as one who dropped the book. Crossbones, Juggernaut, Man-Thing and Shocker off; Songbird, MACH V and Warden Walker on the backburner and none of the replacements are as good or interesting enough to make me care and endure a series of time traveling stories.

I only hope the titles survives time enough to shift directions again.

Pbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pbott

I doubt it will be cancelled, Daken is bellow 20,000 and no word of it being cancelled. Marvel does not have a rule, its a combination of several things. Alpha flight was cancelled and was several thousand above 20,000. As far as the book goes, I do think it is a bit over rated, however i still think it is a great book. I do though like Jeff Parkers Hulk better.

Citizenv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Citizenv

But Daken will have some guest appearances that might raise his numbers a bit, while Thunderbolts new direction isn't friendly to new readers and the tiny boost it got from Fear Itself is already gone.

SickAlice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SickAlice

Thunderbolts has been to good of a longtime earner. They'll revamp when worse comes to worse and call in the pro's.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DanialCarroll

As of issue #170, Thunderbolts is now below the 20k line. I guess this is why they're attaching the "Avengers" label, to try and attract new readers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.