Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Why Superman will never, ever be able to lift Thor's Hammer

• 154 results
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@laurencio: It has everything to do with you being a Thor fan (making disparaging comments in reference to DC fans and repeating how Thor would effortlessly kill Superman). Thats not even the topic hahaha you're defending a position that you fabricated yourself. I made a humorous joke with a non-canon scan. Hence the smiley face ;) Give these "kids" some credit. Its been 4 years now and no one has used that scan or what I said to go, "charging into debates." Its gonna be okay, Thor survived lol Even though we all know he wouldn't ;)

Avatar image for dendrachelzicus
    dendrachelzicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For one, Superman and Thor shouldn't even be possible to meet.

Superman is from DC

Thor is from Marvel

Though it's shown in "The Avengers (2012)" That it's possible, through pure muscle power. When Hulk is unleashed in "S.H.I.E.L.D"'s Helicarrier. Hulk hits Thor causing Thor to drop his hammer, Hulk grabs and tries to pick it up, Hulk was unable to pick it up like he thought. He was able to pick it up though. He was hunched over and using both hands, and hit Thor with it.

Though according to Marvel, Thor's hammer only weighs 42.3 pounds. Some didn't hear or didn't read or understand it correctly, Thor's hammer is not made out of a dying star, but inside. Though if it was made out of a dying star, it would weigh as much as 300 billion elephants.

Thor's hammer is only useable to a worthy warrior, Superman is not a "worthy warrior." Superman is not willing to kill even when its the correct action. Batman wont kill, and hides in the shadows, unworthy. Hulk, will kill, loves to fight, but just like Thor was. Crave to fight,

Green Lantern though..... "I" see possibility.

TG_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is there always so much hate towards supes? He's the OG superhero, and still one of my favs

Laurencio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall:

You can say it as many times as you wish, that will not make it true. You are a moderator on here (guess that means nothing) and I would expect better. Your first response was dumb at best and it seems they are only getting worse. You say that no one is using that scan for debates, who would use it against you since you are a DC lap puppy, last I checked anti Thor scans are used on Marvel fnas? I stated that because they are and that is one of the first things I addressed after joining and also one of the top reasons I joined this site. Are you really that ignorant/oblivious to not know how many stupid people use These Ignorant Comic Vine Threads as examples or truth? To be honest in my normal circles it makes our stomach turn when we here "But On Comic Vine it States X". This site is a constant pain in ones derriere and now that I am here and seeing what even moderators comment is disappointing (guess I expected and maybe hoped for better). Lesson learned.

I'm sorry you think it has to do with being a DC fan or Marvel, to think I thought it had to do with common sense, another lesson learned. I would call your comments improper and in bad taste but who am I to judge right. The only disparaging comments I see are those coming from a DC fans and so called moderators (Glorified DC Fan Boys). I am glad that when someone makes a comment addressing your own ignorant ones, that in turn makes them the bad guy and not the tool that made the comment that was being addressed. I am sorry for your view and I'm sure it's hard always playing the victim, something bad must of happened to you and I'm sure it's just yours and his secret so I wont ask.

Please don't cry about it though, I will apologize because I have a habit of treating people with the respect they deserve and not the respect they want. Either Delete that silly Moderator Status or put that stupid smiley face next to it, then i'll know you are joking also. What a joke.

Laurencio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg_54: There is no hate for Superman. Some of us are also fans of his but we are more or less sick of DC fan boys and sometimes we get out of hand also. It is a reaction to the overwhelming DC fan boys hate we experience everyday. I love Superman and quite frankly the first time I said something nice about Thor I was attacked by DC fans like on here for weeks without cause. Forever and a day we were and are hated on and called names and treated like trash just because we are Marvel fans and that has got to us. Superman is the best is all we hear and not only can they not back things up but they lie constantly. We get called fans of Copy Cat Hero's when it has been proven that Superman and most of the Original DC characters are themselves copies and stolen writings of real writers. We are just tired or Ignorant, Holier then Thou attitude DC tools that think they know it all but when debated by someone knowledgeable, they look like the tools they are...

Do Something about it, educate yourself and then spread it. Being blind and stupid is no longer OK!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@tg_54: There is no hate for Superman. Some of us are also fans of his but we are more or less sick of DC fan boys and sometimes we get out of hand also. It is a reaction to the overwhelming DC fan boys hate we experience everyday. I love Superman and quite frankly the first time I said something nice about Thor I was attacked by DC fans like on here for weeks without cause. Forever and a day we were and are hated on and called names and treated like trash just because we are Marvel fans and that has got to us. Superman is the best is all we hear and not only can they not back things up but they lie constantly. We get called fans of Copy Cat Hero's when it has been proven that Superman and most of the Original DC characters are themselves copies and stolen writings of real writers. We are just tired or Ignorant, Holier then Thou attitude DC tools that think they know it all but when debated by someone knowledgeable, they look like the tools they are...

Do Something about it, educate yourself and then spread it. Being blind and stupid is no longer OK!

well put.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@laurencio: Hahahha yeah clearly it has nothing to do with DC or Marvel

@laurencio said:

we are more or less sick of DC fan boys and sometimes we get out of hand also. It is a reaction to the overwhelming DC fan boys Thou attitude DC tools that think they know it all but when debated by someone knowledgeable, they look like the tools they are...

@laurencio said:

who would use it against you since you are a DC lap puppy,

so called moderators (Glorified DC Fan Boys).

Your last response to a normal user who expressed his like for Superman was treated as if he jumped you with a gang of DC fans at a Comic Con. I'm sorry you feel "attacked" as a Marvel fan, honestly. But name calling and overreacting isn't going to achieve the "I'm just a poor Marvel fan with his back against the wall" sympathy you're going for. Especially when the only "fan" on the attack is you. Cool it with the name calling though. Its unnecessary.

Son_of_simba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Son_of_simba

Didnt superman get blackmailed into making a sex tape once? lol im pretty sure the kid aint worthy hes no beta ray bill or captain america he doesn't have the spirit of the warrior now wonder woman that's a different story she should be able to lift it though ive never seen a women worthy of lifting it within 616 so maybe its a sexist hammer

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Didnt superman get blackmailed into making a sex tape once? lol im pretty sure the kid aint worthy hes no beta ray bill or captain america he doesn't have the spirit of the warrior now wonder woman that's a different story she should be able to lift it though ive never seen a women worthy of lifting it within 616 so maybe its a sexist hammer

In what way does superman not have the spirit of warrior? How would you define a warrior different culture would define what makes a great warrior. Different culture has different warrior code and value some culture judge warrior on the ability to capture slaves, some on thinking prowess and much more. Beside superman has one of the strongest will in the DC universe he has shown extreme fortitude in the heat of overwhelming odd. Superman has a chance of being worthy of weilding the hammer because Captain America was able to do it. Superman and Captain America value sterms from judeo christian believes and american conservative value the only disadvantages that superman has his is that he does not understand the importance of war.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any reason he couldn't lift it. I think the various stories showing he would kill are reason enough to say that he could lift the hammer if Death is the only thing stopping him. Lord Superman, Superboy Prime, The High Councilor, Ultraman, and Brutaal are all Superman willing to kill. Lord Superman and High Councilor are probably even more correct in their judgement (overall, but not case-by-case,) to choose to kill people like The Joker and Doomsday. I have to believe that, given the fact that it's infinitely possible that Superman would kill someone under the right circumstances like any of the other "warriors" discussed here, he should be able to lift the hammer.

And I guess when you put it like that really anyone could lift the hammer. I'm not huge into Marvel so maybe I'm missing something, but perhaps there are some universes where Thors' analogue is unable to lift the Hammer?

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman should lift it because his soul is more pure and divine than Odin's andt hus should break his enchanment by sheer force of willpower. I mean Superman is God made more Holy than other Gods.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@scouterv said:

I don't see any reason he couldn't lift it. I think the various stories showing he would kill are reason enough to say that he could lift the hammer if Death is the only thing stopping him. Lord Superman, Superboy Prime, The High Councilor, Ultraman, and Brutaal are all Superman willing to kill. Lord Superman and High Councilor are probably even more correct in their judgement (overall, but not case-by-case,) to choose to kill people like The Joker and Doomsday. I have to believe that, given the fact that it's infinitely possible that Superman would kill someone under the right circumstances like any of the other "warriors" discussed here, he should be able to lift the hammer.

And I guess when you put it like that really anyone could lift the hammer. I'm not huge into Marvel so maybe I'm missing something, but perhaps there are some universes where Thors' analogue is unable to lift the Hammer?

The problem is you are looking at Odin's idea of worthiness. Superman's no-kill philosophy varies from absolutely no to under extreme circumstances depending on the writer and version of Superman. At the end of the day, Superman is not a warrior which is what sets Thor and Superman apart. The killing aspect is a part Walter Simonson once stated to indicate that difference.

Superman should lift it because his soul is more pure and divine than Odin's andt hus should break his enchanment by sheer force of willpower. I mean Superman is God made more Holy than other Gods.

I know in DC Superman is often portrayed as some sort of universal messiah, but again you are comparing something closer to a Christian idea of worthiness to a Viking idea of worthiness. In many stories, Superman is vulnerable to magic and Mjolnir's worthiness clause is magic.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By strangetales

This is still going? Who put the enchantment on the hammer? Odin. Who decides who's worthy? Odin. His obstical is that Asgardians are warriors and believe in giving and receiving a good or honorable death. This thread is focused on your typical superman who is a "boy scout" and will not kill. It's a smack in the face to true warriors and the Asgardians to not grant that. /thread

Not to Bash on supes I like him I'm rewatching the old 90s animated series right now (not literally right now though). But I read this whole thread and I'm just restating what's been said already and it made sense.

BracketBring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is all powerful. Mjolinor can only be held by those worthy of Thor. Superman is worthy, in spirit, but Odin is the one who decides that.

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: First and foremost I am Laurencio's Romano's Cousin, the guy you banned from commenting here further because he spoke up for what he believed and called you out on your bias. Communist rule is really something is it not! Me on the other hand used to use his computer to come one here and mostly read threads but it was nice knowing I could comment if I felt inclined. Due to your hate and bias you had me blocked also even thoughI have never exchanged words with you but what can I expect from people with a dictator mentality. I just wanted to personally thank you for not only punishing those you disagree with but for going as far as making sure No Family member of theirs goes unpunished for no reason at all. I see nothing wrong with what he said to you and he was not mean to the other member you pointed out, you are by far more offensive and arrogant. I know that this might be the last time I may be able to comment on here also since I now have a feel for the type of person you are and the quality of your character. You should be glad that normal thinking honest individuals don't have your power to ban members because you would surely be banned, only difference is that you would actually deserve it. I wonder what it's like to not have a conscience and not to be governed by a sense of right and wrong, maybe before you ban me you could respond and let me know.

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: First and foremost I am Laurencio's Romano's Cousin, the guy you banned from commenting here further because he spoke up for what he believed and called you out on your bias. Communist rule is really something is it not! Me on the other hand used to use his computer to come one here and mostly read threads but it was nice knowing I could comment if I felt inclined. Due to your hate and bias you had me blocked also even thoughI have never exchanged words with you but what can I expect from people with a dictator mentality. I just wanted to personally thank you for not only punishing those you disagree with but for going as far as making sure No Family member of theirs goes unpunished for no reason at all. I see nothing wrong with what he said to you and he was not mean to the other member you pointed out, you are by far more offensive and arrogant. I know that this might be the last time I may be able to comment on here also since I now have a feel for the type of person you are and the quality of your character. You should be glad that normal thinking honest individuals don't have your power to ban members because you would surely be banned, only difference is that you would actually deserve it. I wonder what it's like to not have a conscience and not to be governed by a sense of right and wrong, maybe before you ban me you could respond and let me know.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had plenty of non-killers wield it before across the Marvel multiverse.

What makes someone worthy is vague with the only certain virtue being honourable, he could wield it depending on writer but most would allow him to wield it, it's Superman FCOL

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Pyro_raptor

Didn't Thor's Hammer looks like as if there was a magic spell which only allows Thor(the original owner) to use it & prevents others from misusing the hammer? Also Superman isn't immune to magic.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#120  Edited By Gizmorino

Superman is not worthy, he is not a soldier or warrior, he doesn't even know how to fight. Though i admire him, but he has no warrior attribute except for his innate abilities, diana on the other hand was born a warrior and trained a warrior, it doesn't even has to be about killing, it's about knowing what war is. Knowing how to fight, not just using diplomatic solutions everyday, i bet MMH can carry it, he is a manhunter(warrior) on his planet.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Spambot

I think some on this thread are making it a bit too much about 'being a warrior'. Its also about things like honor and fighting for certain principles imo. Those are things Thor stands for and reiterates about himself throughout his 50 some years as a character in MU. Only Odin knows for sure what makes someone worthy but I would say its a combination of factors that have been mentioned. What I said in my comment has absolutely nothing with Superman's worthiness to wield Mjolnir either.

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: but Superman can fight nearly all superheroes usually fight.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman did it. Read JLA / Avengers

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlord1234: one big difference: caps a badass! He kills if he has to for the greater good. Superman is a lame ass. Won't kill to save his mother because of that "every life is worth saving" BS. Sorry. No theyre not. Some people deserve and need to be offed.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Gizmorino

@pyro_raptor: he cannot actually fight, he relies on his physicals(strength, durability, speed), you cannot compare the mentality of superman to many other heroes like diana, captain america, batman.

Superman is just charles x with kryptonian physiology.

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Pyro_raptor

@gizmorino: okay so lifting up Thor's hammer fails.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyro_raptor: yeah, i bet kallark(gladiator) can carry it, he is more of a warrior than superman will ever be.

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
    HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After beating Thor's ass . Superman will be using Thor as mjolnir

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmashlittleman: The only thing Superman has on Thor is DC's need to make every one of their major heros have ftl speed.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By THORSON

he's not THOR

he's not a god

hypothetically he's a lair and somewhat of a fraud for hiding his Identity. (I'm a supes fan) those that have lifted up the mighty hammer their identity is public. Would Odin find a fraud worthy? Not a damn chance.

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Only because Odin decided the spell preventing someone unwhorthy could be lifted in desperate situations. Supes tried to give the hammer back to Thor at the end of the cross-over and couldn't lift it because the spell once again was active.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By antoniovese

@thunderingthorfan: Hey boss, Laurencio has been blocked you know that right? He told me to reply and ask you what you wish his opinion on and he will answer the best he can. I will try to handle some of this after you but i'm a bit lost on what's up here. Anyway if you need backup just hit me up and i'll do my best also.

@scouterv...I see a few reasons why Superman cannot lift it and one being that it has a MAGIC ENCHANTMENT not allowing it especially since Thor is there. As Laurencio mentioned after the last time Mjolnir was broken and mended while Thor had the Odin Force and using Dr Strange to channel it into repairing it making it ONLY usable by THOR! I guess Superman fans will now have to figure out a different way to beat Thor since they can no longer HOPE to use Thor's power against him since they know he is WEAK! Superman has for the first time recently killed and DC fans should be glad because it's better to be late than never right, about 70 plus years behind Thor. A lot of the Superman versions you mention are all different realities or Universes but if i'm not mistaken we only debate Marvel Canon or this would be even more difficult. Here is why THOR absolutely without a doubt kills Superman and i'm copying this off of DC's Superman Bio Page directly and I quote!

"Superman's biomatrix is his most powerful asset, but the strength of this field is also its greatest weakness. Its permeability to certain wavelengths makes him vulnerable to certain radiations, particularly magical energies whose chaotic electromagnetic or extra dimensional signatures disrupt this force field. Superman's vulnerability to magic varies depending upon the special effects of the magic. No magic seems to be able to directly destroy him unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source. He can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects on Superman and his magical enemies have often proven to be the most dangerous".

Everything that makes Superman Superman is affected by magic and as it clearly states that Magical Beings hurt him the most but cannot kill him UNLESS the magic comes from a Divine or Semi Divine Being which Thor is since he is a GOD! Thor Kills Superman easily and now Fan Boys will debate if Thor is really divine or even semi divine but since he is a god he is so no need to stress. Superman gets owned so no need for hammers or anything like that, just a grave overlooking SmallVille!

@boynerdgeek...Yes Superman picked it up since Odin Removed the Enchantment so he can but in the same comic he was not able to before that. Also that was NOT a Marvel Canon of earth 616 making it irrelevant, we only debate canon. If you want to debate that though fine, just don't forget that Venom beat the snot out of Superman and He-Man killed him in a non canon comic Crossover you mention.....

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: Hey boss, Laurencio has been blocked you know that right? He told me to reply and ask you what you wish his opinion on and he will answer the best he can. I will try to handle some of this after you but i'm a bit lost on what's up here. Anyway if you need backup just hit me up and i'll do my best also.

@scouterv...I see a few reasons why Superman cannot lift it and one being that it has a MAGIC ENCHANTMENT not allowing it especially since Thor is there. As Laurencio mentioned after the last time Mjolnir was broken and mended while Thor had the Odin Force and using Dr Strange to channel it into repairing it making it ONLY usable by THOR! I guess Superman fans will now have to figure out a different way to beat Thor since they can no longer HOPE to use Thor's power against him since they know he is WEAK! Superman has for the first time recently killed and DC fans should be glad because it's better to be late than never right, about 70 plus years behind Thor. A lot of the Superman versions you mention are all different realities or Universes but if i'm not mistaken we only debate Marvel Canon or this would be even more difficult. Here is why THOR absolutely without a doubt kills Superman and i'm copying this off of DC's Superman Bio Page directly and I quote!

"Superman's biomatrix is his most powerful asset, but the strength of this field is also its greatest weakness. Its permeability to certain wavelengths makes him vulnerable to certain radiations, particularly magical energies whose chaotic electromagnetic or extra dimensional signatures disrupt this force field. Superman's vulnerability to magic varies depending upon the special effects of the magic. No magic seems to be able to directly destroy him unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source. He can be injured and worn down by magical entities. Magic can have powerful and unpredictable effects on Superman and his magical enemies have often proven to be the most dangerous".

Everything that makes Superman Superman is affected by magic and as it clearly states that Magical Beings hurt him the most but cannot kill him UNLESS the magic comes from a Divine or Semi Divine Being which Thor is since he is a GOD! Thor Kills Superman easily and now Fan Boys will debate if Thor is really divine or even semi divine but since he is a god he is so no need to stress. Superman gets owned so no need for hammers or anything like that, just a grave overlooking SmallVille!

@boynerdgeek...Yes Superman picked it up since Odin Removed the Enchantment so he can but in the same comic he was not able to before that. Also that was NOT a Marvel Canon of earth 616 making it irrelevant, we only debate canon. If you want to debate that though fine, just don't forget that Venom beat the snot out of Superman and He-Man killed him in a non canon comic Crossover you mention.....

You're making it sound as if this is a battle.

We're not on the battle forums, so who would beat who is the most irrelevant thing you can bring up here.

We're talking about lifting the Hammer. In which case, I see no reason why Superman wouldn't be worthy of lifting it. Supeman can touch magic stuff.

antoniovese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I understand about the whole vs thing here but I did answer your question also. He cannot lift Mjolnir because It was joined WITH THOR'S Life Force making it only answer to him. I guess that is now changing again since they are doing the whole Female Thor Thing so until they reveal that we just know Superman Could NOT before this whole Female Thor thing. Hopefully that makes sense.

Before this it was Only Thor and whosoever Thor wills Mjolnir to serve. Than it was just Whosoever is Worthy making it possible for Beta Ray or in time of great need giving someone close to it the power to fight (Cap) but never giving itself fully to them only partial power. All People that have picked it up were True Warriors that acted with honor and were willing to do whatever it took to win including taking a life counting out the boy scout. Superman only fights when he must but a true warrior lives for the fight, big difference between them.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's hammer sucks anyways . Who cares ?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not all warriors start out looking to take a life. As a soldier we pray to never have to shed blood. A warrior is one of honor and skill and fellowship. To be ready when needed. Superman is this and more and this is why he is a great leader. Thor himself is under rated in his own book but this is not about Thor but why Supermans being worthy is in question. He has all the things that make him a great warrior and only lacks the proper storyline to bring it to light. I vote yes he can lift the hammer but why would he? He simply does not need to.

C0caC0la

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I have been a fan of superman since childhood, and I intend to end the argument on superman being a warrior worthy. Its simple military logic people. HE REFUSES TO KILL.

Its a fact of fiction.

So now I explain the philosophical point to you silly kids...

Superman is Noble

Superman is willing to sacrifice his own life

Noble ideals, but being unwilling to kill, has cost thousands, if not millions, of fictional lives.

Lets use batman and joker as an example.(yes I know batman eventually did kill joker)

Both batman and superman have countless times refused to kill murderous villains, and on countless occasions, allowing them to live, has cost countless lives on almost every one of their escapes from social imprisonment or judgment. Hundreds died and were put into intensive care during Death of superman, Joker slayed thousands because batmans inability to kill him. Time and Time again the universe aligned to put these evils under the judgement of these two heroes, time and Again, they were allowed to live so those heroes Egotistical Ideals could be spared tainting. And it cost millions of lives, mothers, children, innocent lives, all so they could sleep better at night?! Time and Time Again!!

Joker kills no less than 1 person every time he escapes, Darkseid no less than hundreds.

You guys do know what sacrifice is in war and creation yes? Killing one to Save millions? Or thousands? Or hundreds?

IRL, this is called triage. People in the military Have to kill sometimes, not because they want to, but because it Becomes Necessary!

Imagine a situation, you and your superpowered teammates are fighting a battle, you are pinned down, and sure you could sacrifice yourself, to buy them some time, but you realize ultimately, that they will die, and thousands will die, unless YOU, the One, With the Power to stop the enemies Leader, kills that mutha right now. Now you have never killed till now, chances are, you will spend the rest of your life, having trouble looking in the mirror, wishing there had been another way, but the universe doesnt always give us another way. You Did what you Had to do.

That is why superman is unworthy, millions have been killed because he wanted to sleep like a baby every night.

Same with batman. Hammers are made to bust heads, not shake hands.

The blood of anyone murdered by those they let live more than once, is on Superman and Batmans hands.

If you think about it, you will see I am correct. Odin did not make a Hammer to Compromise with the Enemy

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because superman is more of a choir boy than a warrior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
    deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's not a part of the Marvel franchise.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

because superman is more of a choir boy than a warrior.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man comic fans argue about anything no matter how dumb

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By antithetical

@kiba: Well when it comes down to it it's all pretty dumb now, isn't it?

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By kiba

@antithetical: maybe but I think if it's bringing entertainment and joy to people then why not? However sometimes it all gets out of hand. The magic on Thors hammer is pure fiction that can change per writer and scenario. How can anyone say for sure how it would react to superman? No one can, yet there's a lot of attitude here over nothing that can ever be settled since they can't ever truly interact. Take coca cola up there. All that talk about how superman and batman have all this blood on their hands and how Thor is so superior while conveniently forgetting the same can be said about loki, enchantress and the wrecking crew, just to name a few or that superman killed zod, non and Ursa before infinite crisis or at least tried to. It's not just this thread by a long shot but come on. Let some things go people. You're never gonna know for sure so you're whipping yourselves up over nothing

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman is a lame hero. he's outdated.

Superboy is more bad*** and relatable.

Amu0003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amu0003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't need a hammer his fists are strong as mjolnir

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.