Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8588 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

who would win skaar or thor

reafulde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By reafulde

a battle to the end

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fifthchild

I'd have to favour Thor. The experience thing, while often overplayed, should be pretty huge here given that Skaar is literally like 3 years old or something.

They are probably pretty comparable in raw strength actually IMO at a guess - Skaar made pretty short work of The Thing. The Oldpower gives Skaar some nice options though i'm not sure how much use he makes of it these days.

They did have a brief skirmish during WWHs but we didnt see much of it.

Maikky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Maikky

Well if it was a fight to the end, I think PERSONALITY wise, Skaar would win because he would be more willing to do anything to kill Thor while Thor may have some conflictions .

I haven't read that much about each character but just my 2 cents .

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
    HulkSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HulkSlayerT1000

Not sure, it would be a good fight.

lanebad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lanebad6

@Maikky said:

Well if it was a fight to the end, I think PERSONALITY wise, Skaar would win because he would be more willing to do anything to kill Thor while Thor may have some conflictions .

I have to agree that skaar would want to kill thor and thor wouldn't want to kill skaar. However, it depends on the thor. If he is bloodlusted then its some what even, but skaar can still absorb the energy of a planet. It also depends on how far is thor willing to take it or how bad he would want to beat the guy. OF thor would win in my opinion. I don't know what skaar's absorbing limits are so, I could be biased.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
    Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hoarderofhilarity

I would put my money on Thor; more experienced, vast energy projection, arguably stronger and just to versatile.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Fifthchild said:

I'd have to favour Thor. The experience thing, while often overplayed, shouldbe pretty huge here given that Skaar is literally like 3 years old or something.

They are probably pretty comparable in raw strength actually IMO at a guess - Skaar made pretty short work of The Thing. The Oldpower gives Skaar some nice options though i'm not sure how much use he makes of it these days.

Thor was not even in World War Hulk.

For the battle, Thor stomps Skaar, no question about it.

Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hoarderofhilarity

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

I'd have to favour Thor. The experience thing, while often overplayed, shouldbe pretty huge here given that Skaar is literally like 3 years old or something.

QFT

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fifthchild

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

I didnt say World War Hulk I said World War Hulks. But it would be more accurate to say Fall Of the Hulks. Though Skaar and Thor did have a second skirmish in WWHs when Thor was "Hulked Out".

As for the battle, Thor isn't stomping Skaar. He'd win IMO, but its not a stomp.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By iaconpoint

@lanebad6 said:

@Maikky said:

I have to agree that skaar would want to kill thor and thor wouldn't want to kill skaar. However, it depends on the thor. If he is bloodlusted then its some what even, but skaar can still absorb the energy of a planet. It also depends on how far is thor willing to take it or how bad he would want to beat the guy. OF thor would win in my opinion. I don't know what skaar's absorbing limits are so, I could be biased.

Remember, Thor only learned humility and how to be an actual "hero" within the last few decades. Before that, he was basically a warlord who loved to fight as much as most of us love pizza. I think after a few minutes of battle, Thor would realize Skaar was for real and cut loose, and then it would (eventually) be over for the the Hulkson.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Loki9876

Thor

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evilvegeta74

@iaconpoint said:

@lanebad6 said:

@Maikky said:

Remember, Thor only learned humility and how to be an actual "hero" within the last few decades. Before that, he was basically a warlord who loved to fight as much as most of us love pizza. I think after a few minutes of battle, Thor would realize Skaar was for real and cut loose, and then it would (eventually) be over for the the Hulkson.

What they said!

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jobbernos

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

I would put my money on Thor; more experienced, vast energy projection, arguably stronger and just to versatile.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrantsaid:

@Fifthchildsaid:

I didnt say World War Hulk I said World War Hulks. But it would be more accurate to say Fall Of the Hulks. Though Skaar and Thor did have a second skirmish in WWHs when Thor was "Hulked Out".

As for the battle, Thor isn't stomping Skaar. He'd win IMO, but its not a stomp.

Can i see the scans? And Thor would stomp Skaar.

Agent_Murdoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Agent_Murdoch

Thor should win this hear, but I think Skaar will one day have the power and experience to take down the son of Odin. That day however, is not today.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Pyrogram

Thor Stomps at the moment,

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By THORSON

thor can beat his daddy, thor can beat his son.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. They're possibly comparable in terms of physical strength, not sure as I haven't been keeping p on Skaar since the death of his brother, but Thor has centuries of experience of Skaar's few years, as well as his energy based abilities that make him the more versatile fighter. In terms of him not being able to kill or having a problem with it, I think that's a little ridiculous. He's a God from a time when killing in battle was the norm. He only ever holds himself back due to the standards of today's era, but if it came down to it I think he'd be willing to drop that hammer for the final blow, like when he fought Bor and there was no other way to stop him but to kill him. Also, despite how long he's existed as a written character, in the 616 universe he's been around for what? 20 years max? The whole sliding timescale and everything. Given how old he actually is, the time he's spent not killing is akin to a drop of water in an ocean.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fifthchild

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrantsaid:

@Fifthchildsaid:

Theres not much to see but this is it. Thor and the Avengers answered Pym's distress call and attacked Skaar and She Rulk. We dont see much of the fight though Skaar seems to be still stnding at the end.

Later the heroes get Hulked up and Skaar is seen fighting the Hulked out Thor:

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrantsaid:

@Fifthchildsaid:

Theres not much to see but this is it. Thor and the Avengers answered Pym's distress call and attacked Skaar and She Rulk. We dont see much of the fight though Skaar seems to be still stnding at the end.

Later the heroes get Hulked up and Skaar is seen fighting the Hulked out Thor:

Hmm. That wasn't really Thor to be honest. I know your going to say since he was Hulked out, that he is physically stronger. But, to be honest he wasn't. Thor would never be fazed from a punch by Spider-Man.

If this a battle to the end as the OP says, i guess this is morals off. Skaar would have had a bigger chance if this was morals on, because well he doesn't really have morals, and a morals on Thor is far different to a morals off Thor. A Thor that was weakened, and beatened up, beat a Hulk that was amped up, with a Mjolnir copy hammer.

ABC logic my work here actually.

Weakened Thor>Amped Hulk>Hulk>Skaar

What's stopping Thor from doing this to Skaar. That will surely one-shot, and kill Skaar.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fifthchild

@jeanroygrant said:

Hmm. That wasn't really Thor to be honest. I know your going to say since he was Hulked out, that he is physically stronger. But, to be honest he wasn't. Thor would never be fazed from a punch by Spider-Man.

It wasn't normal Thor. But its pretty hard to argue Thor wasn't supposed to be massively amped here. Spider-Man was also Hulked out here. And now that you mention it Masterson Thor has been rocked by Spiderman's punches.

If this a battle to the end as the OP says, i guess this is morals off. Skaar would have had a bigger chance if this was morals on, because well he doesn't really have morals, and a morals on Thor is far different to a morals off Thor. A Thor that was weakened, and beatened up, beat a Hulk that was amped up, with a Mjolnir copy hammer.

Wait wha? :-) Suddenly Nul is an "amped up" Hulk whereas Hulked out Thor "isn't really Thor" and wasn't physically stronger? Seems like a bit of a double standard maybe?

At any rate Thor won that fight, full credit to him, but not in a way that made him look more powerful IMO. As a Hulk fan I'm pretty happy with the way that battle went down and i think it was a fair portrayal of a Thor vs an amped Thing and Hulk. But in no way does it suggest Thor > amped Hulk to me. Though I can already tell this is something we'll never agree on.

What's stopping Thor from doing this to Skaar. That will surely one-shot, and kill Skaar.

Well no offense but i dont really see anything impressive about that scene. Thor hit the Chaos King with some lightning. Its not like there is anything about that scene to suggest it would "surely one-shot, and kill Skaar" to me.

Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fifthchild: Apart from the fact it rocked a guy who amped Zeus's durability to the point he could take a point blank blast from galactus.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fifthchild

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

@Fifthchild: Apart from the fact it rocked a guy who amped Zeus's durability to the point he could take a point blank blast from galactus.

How rocked was he? I've read the comic. Its a nice splash page but theres nothing to indicate Chaos King was particularly hurt or rocked or messed up and he kept right on trucking without missing a beat. No shame in that, given who Chaos King was, but theres nothing to write home about either IMO and no reason to make me think it would kill a Skaar level character. To each their own though I suppose.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

It wasn't normal Thor. But its pretty hard to argue Thor wasn't supposed to be massively amped here. Spider-Man was also Hulked out here. And now that you mention it Masterson Thor has been rocked by Spiderman's punches.

Wait wha? :-) Suddenly Nul is an "amped up" Hulk whereas Hulked out Thor "isn't really Thor" and wasn't physically stronger? Seems like a bit of a double standard maybe?

At any rate Thor won that fight, full credit to him, but not in a way that made him look more powerful IMO. As a Hulk fan I'm pretty happy with the way that battle went down and i think it was a fair portrayal of a Thor vs an amped Thing and Hulk. But in no way does it suggest Thor > amped Hulk to me. Though I can already tell this is something we'll never agree on.

Well no offense but i dont really see anything impressive about that scene. Thor hit the Chaos King with some lightning. Its not like there is anything about that scene to suggest it would "surely one-shot, and kill Skaar" to me.

1. Thor>>>>>>>>>>>Masterson Thor
    2. How is it not? Hulk was given the powers of a Asgardian God, on top of his.
    3. I guess
    4. Mikaboshi was staggered by the attack. Mikaboshi consumed 98.97 precent of the multiverse. So uhm yeah, he would die instanly.
    Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fifthchild

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

In experience - sure. In physical power - no.

• How is it not? Hulk was given the powers of a Asgardian God, on top of his.
  • Um you might want to check your own logic as to why. Thor was given the power of the Hulk on top of his own but according to you a couple of posts back wasn't any stronger than a normal Thor.

That wasn't really Thor to be honest. I know your going to say since he was Hulked out, that he is physically stronger. But, to be honest he wasn't.

• I guess
  • Mikaboshi was staggered by the attack. Mikaboshi consumed 98.97 precent of the multiverse. So uhm yeah, he would die instanly.
  • Mikaboshi was fine. In fact he went on a page or two later to conquer the "universe". By this logic Cap's shield toss which went straight through a Sentry/Void who had overpowered the freaking Molecule Man in Siege would cut Thor in half. To be honest its probably not even a Respect Thread worthy scene IMO. But agree to disagree I guess.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

• Um you might want to check your own logic as to why. Thor was given the power of the Hulk on top of his own but according to you a couple of posts back wasn't any stronger than a normal Thor.

That wasn't really Thor to be honest. I know your going to say since he was Hulked out, that he is physically stronger. But, to be honest he wasn't.

• I guess
  • Mikaboshi was staggered by the attack. Mikaboshi consumed 98.97 precent of the multiverse. So uhm yeah, he would die instanly.
  • Mikaboshi was fine. In fact he went on a page or two later to conquer the "universe". By this logic Cap's shield toss which went straight through a Sentry/Void who had overpowered the freaking Molecule Man in Siege would cut Thor in half. To be honest its probably not even a Respect Thread worthy scene IMO. But agree to disagree I guess.

1. I'm 100% positive, I have rad everythingon Thor. I'm one of the people on this site who know the most on him. And Thor is stronger than Masterson Thor, by a lot. Gladiator stomped Masterson Thor, while Thor stomped Gladiator.
    2. Nul Hulk has better feats than regular Savage Hulk
    3. Okay
    Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fifthchild

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

• I guess

1. I'm 100% positive, I have rad everythingon Thor. I'm one of the people on this site who know the most on him. And Thor is stronger than Masterson Thor, by a lot. Gladiator stomped Masterson Thor, while Thor stomped Gladiator.
    3. Okay

1 I think you could make a case that Thor had a strength edge on Masterson Thor but the idea that Thor was a lot stronger than Masterson Thor is a no-sale. Apart from the fact that Masterson wielded Mjolnir and thus had "the power of Thor" they fought and came out roughly even.

(Future) Gladiator stomped normal Thor in the first round of that fight. They then joined forces to save a 747 and the second it was safe Thor turned on Glads full force with Mjolnir. As always Eric's inexperience was front and center but I dont think the Gladiator fight make regular Thor look any better, at least in terms of physical might.

2. Not that i can see. Breaking an adamantium net and a Mjolnir replica (this latter one arguably a bit more of a Hulk than a Nul feat perhaps) were pretty epic but he also looked pretty ordinary against a pretty shoddy Avengers team.

But thats not really the point. The point was that when it was the Hulk you were readily convinced he was heavily amped up but when it was Thor, obviously intended to be amped up, things were different.

bigo304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bigo304

Thor... No other reason, just Thor.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Fifthchild said:

@jeanroygrant said:

• I guess

3. Okay

1 I think you could make a case that Thor had a strength edge on Masterson Thor but the idea that Thor was a lot stronger than Masterson Thor is a no-sale. Apart from the fact that Masterson wielded Mjolnir and thus had "the power of Thor" they fought and came out roughly even.

(Future) Gladiator stomped normal Thor in the first round of that fight. They then joined forces to save a 747 and the second it was safe Thor turned on Glads full force with Mjolnir. As always Eric's inexperience was front and center but I dont think the Gladiator fight make regular Thor look any better, at least in terms of physical might.

2. Not that i can see. Breaking an adamantium net and a Mjolnir replica (this latter one arguably a bit more of a Hulk than a Nul feat perhaps) were pretty epic but he also looked pretty ordinary against a pretty shoddy Avengers team.

But thats not really the point. The point was that when it was the Hulk you were readily convinced he was heavily amped up but when it was Thor, obviously intended to be amped up, things were different.

1. Thor has alot of power over him too. Show me scans that put him on Thor's level.
    2. We both know that's not what happened. Gladiator didn't beat Thor. All he did was speed-blitz him, than punched Mjolnir away from Thor, in which the 60 second rule kicked in, and Thor reverted back too Donald Blake. When the rule was lifted, Thor stomped Gladiator bad. It wasn't full force wit Mjolnir, all Thor really used to be Gladiator was strength, and speed, and well Mjolnir to smack him up, lol. So he didn't use Mjolnir's full force. No lightning, ect. With Mjolnir, Thor has even dropped Odin.
    3. I already told you that there are feats to show Nul Hulk>Savage Hulk
    Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Thor easily

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By spiderpool94

I would say Thor, just.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.