Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Who comes here just to see if Thor is back to himself again?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wonder if anybody else comes to the boards to see if Thor has claimed his hammer once again and walks as himself worthy again in the eyes of all. Oh and Odin is back to being a worthy father again as well?

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

me

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I'm not expecting that to happen for about another 1-2 years can't say that's what I do. I think it's more to discuss the Thor many of us are familiar with and try to put the current travesty out of my mind until it's finally over.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I do agree I still just enjoy a good Thor debate as well as the next person and you never know somebody may say Thor has done something awesome in the comics that may get me to read it but I kind of doubt it not much a Jane fan.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need a like or not like on this sight so people can like a comment or not without leaving a comment. Or just respond with coffee.....Cream or no cream....

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i come here for interesting debates and topics.

But that's rare.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

But that's rare.

only posting 4-5 posts a week compared to over 15 like i use to.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree no matter what the stories you always want to be a part of the ongoing cycle of the aftermath.

I mean good bad so so.

Thor should always be Thor and we all know he still is.

He himself never said he was no longer Thor he simply said he did not feel worthy of the name.

A good parent would say worthy not worthy your still our son we all have our days of not feeling up to par of not feeling like we can get the job done.

In the end the job gets done nobody is a name.

How many people share a name how many people share a look how many people do the same job.

We are not the name we go by or the look we have we are the road that forged us , the will that pushes us the do not stop do not quit do not look back just keep doing your best and hope for it to work out but dammit life is so much more.

Thor may call somebody else Thor but his core character cannot be given away it cannot be passed on and picked up with just bending over and picking up a hammer.

You just cannot pick up honor and worthiness and years of passion you have got to live it , walk the walk , feel the battle rage. This is what makes Thor worthy.

Maybe Jason forgot that.

Or maybe he thinks or hopes we have.

One can only hope.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By arthurkerr

The return

In my youth I fell down and when I looked up my father was before me.

He said "Son, We all go through rough patches but no matter what takes you down, we all get back up and go on"

I got up I went on I learned to fight in the 9 realms and become the defender of the realms.

Some fear me others cheer me on and some refuse to see I am alive at all.

It does not effect me at all.

I sit on the edge of the universe I feel my missing arm I understand pain.

I have swam in self doubt far to long. I feel my nub from my arm and I will the powers that be to heal it at last.

Then I am whole again. I feel the beating heart of the world tree , I feel the universe all around me I know my place I have always known my place.

She whispers to me my Mjolnir sings again.

Time space mean nothing to her.

She opens the door she looks like a blazing ball of death screaming at me tail that goes on for miles.

Orbiting me she ask to be allowed to return I wonder for a moment.

I take in the sight of her going around this planet once then twice then three times.

I wait a full day.

Then I stretch out my hand and she comes down through the air lightning following her and she lands in my grasp and the planet screams a howl of pain as the thunder rolls and all creation knows.

I am back , I believe , I am not held back by self doubt.

I write my own story I forge my own destiny and then I head out to battle the enemies of life and I push back the dark yet again.

"Loki my brother join me" I say the words and he comes from no place that is some place.

We begin another quest.

This time......

Next time

Just playing with lightning.

Hearing the Thunder Roll away.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

But that's rare.

Well you also can create threads, right? What about that interesting thoughts from the other thread that Thor is a lot more than power levels?

This is a comic book site and when 95% of Thor forums users dislike and ignore Aaron current creative decisions, and yet this forums always were between the most popular in this site, must mean that something is interesting...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @thorson said:

But that's rare.

Well you also can create threads, right? What about that interesting thoughts from the other thread that Thor is a lot more than power levels?

This is a comic book site and when 95% of Thor forums users dislike and ignore Aaron current creative decisions, and yet this forums always were between the most popular in this site, must mean that something is interesting...

I agree Thor is very interesting indeed such a rich history and very nice support cast. That has indeed made it through the years to be told time and time again.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @thorson said:

But that's rare.

I know. There isn't any point when no one responds to them.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr:

I think we should explore more Thor's supporting cast here in Thor forums, without Odin, Loki, Sif, Amora, Freyja, W3, Valkyrie................ Thor would be a different character, and i really dislike that Gaea wasn't explored like she should in the several Thor runs...

@thorson said:
    @asgaard said:
    @thorson said:

But that's rare.

Personally i was disappointed in one or two threads but i easily accept that my views/perceptions aren't always the others views/perceptions, and all the last threads here in (Thor forums) had interest from the users...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By arthurkerr

@asgaard said:

@arthurkerr:

I think we should explore more Thor's supporting cast here in Thor forums, without Odin, Loki, Sif, Amora, Freyja, W3, Valkyrie................ Thor would be a different character, and i really dislike that Gaea wasn't explored like she should in the several Thor runs...

@thorson said:
    @asgaard said:
    @thorson said:

But that's rare.

Personally i was disappointed in one or two threads but i easily accept that my views/perceptions aren't always the others views/perceptions, and all the last threads here in (Thor forums) had interest from the users...

Oh hell yes and then some I do agree on Gaea because I to have been waiting forever for her to step forward and come into any kind of light with Thor.

Only to be pushed to the side and made small.

very good point indeed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.