Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Where should Mcu Thor franchise go after Infinity War?

• 143 results
    antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@asgaard said:

@whoisthebest:

If that is your perspective just ignore them, the large majority of comicvine users only want to prove the supremacy of their preferences, so there is no point to debate such subjective theme (fictional fights/fictional characters/interpretation of feats) with people that always will have the same default opinion...

Thor always was portrayed in comics, animation and live action like a lot more powerful than Iron Man, Asgard always will be above Earth and humans, it's the purpose of the creation of that world, always will be very hard to broke that rule, because that would destroy the pillars of Marvel world buildings in the several mediums where this characters are portrayed...

@whoisthebest: I'm sure this guy you're arguing with is a recent MCU convert and going on about how IM aborbed Thor's attack in the Avengers movie and powered up to 400% and slapped Thor around while ignoring the fact that Thor was also slapping IM around and crushing his armor with his bare hand in the same fight. Anyway I'm with @asgaard and don't care about the whole "my favorite superhero can beat your favorite superhero" nonsense, just give me a good, engaging, well written and drawn story with the characters I like.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: would you be able to post on my favorite character thread i'm trying to get as many opinions as possible on this : http://www.comicvine.com/marvel/4010-31/forums/favorite-avenger-and-favorite-marvel-characters-1686212/#1

done and done.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Have THOR become king of asgard and have Asgard as his priority, sideline THOR from the screen for a phase or 2.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killing off Thor and other main heroes for the sake of killing them is by far the dumbest thing I've heard. Like @Thorson: said they can make Thor King and have him on the sidelines for awhile. Literally each character can be off doing something else instead of being killed.

I would love a King Thor movie and a god butcher movie but I don't think that'll convert well in the current MCU. I think they should side line Thor for awhile after IW.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

That is also what i think, Ant-Man box office performance just prove that not every Mcu franchise is in the same level (independently of the movie quality), so side line Thor/Cap/Iron Man is the best decision also from the business perspective...

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By HaveAtThee

The point some are missing with the films is that real people (actors) age and you can't have endless stories and reboots. This isn't like the comic book universe where their stories never end and revert back to the original. Look at how the rebooted Spider-Man films fell flat. Letting the film studio tell a continuous story makes both business sense AND thematic sense. They have tons of properties to bring forth to the screen. With a credible cast and decent filmmakers, they wont always need RDJ to appear in every film for it to be a success. If you James Bond the whole MCU you'll end up with the most bloated, overexposed cast of characters in cinematic history. This way you wont have 25 films with Iron Man, Thor and Cap present.

Besides it's only natural if a few characters either die or just are left on the shelf to make way for new faces.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By antithetical

@haveatthee: Of course one of the perks of having a Thor franchise is in having the potential to utilize the Ragnarok cycle to conveniently do a reboot or change the cast, though Marvel Studios pretty much dropped the ball with that by establishing them as an alien race and not a race of gods. Then too they could always do a "flashback" story involving any character's past using a younger actor and have them take up the role when things revert to the present, worked for FOX and X-Men First Class, so there's always a way around the problem of aging actors, though you do bring up a legitimate point. Of course there will be those who will never accept anyone other than RDJ as Iron Man, but I really think Marvel are moving to pass that title and Cap's on to others as the films progress.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee:

I think the Mcu will not reboot in the foreseeable future, (now that they will introduce Spider-Man), but for ex. Nolan new take on Batman work really well...

Chris Hemsworth/Evans can come back for their roles in phase N, that actually could reinvent/reinforce the Mcu as a shared universe where everything is connected, and the nostalgia factor work pretty well in Jurassic World...

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To do the gorr story they need to establish the other pantheon of gods from the marvel universe.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomjolt: Well they would have to be established as "gods", including Thor and the Asgardians (and we already know where Marvel Studios went with that idea), for the "Godbutcher" story to work. Sure they could water it down and have him offing vastly superpowered individuals across the cosmos he sees as a threat, but that wouldn't really hold water either as then Gorr would be no better than those he judges and kills, his whole motivation in the original came from his view that the gods held themselves as being superior but were indifferent to their worshipers' suffering. Honestly I think it could make for an very interesting movie but Marvel beat Gorr to the punch and already took care of butchering Asgard themselves.

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: I forgot marvel likes to keep butchering there characters. I dont think they will even bother mentioning surtur or hel since marvels part of disney now.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: I forgot marvel likes to keep butchering there characters. I dont think they will even bother mentioning surtur or hel since marvels part of disney now.

Actually Thor mentioned the Hel in A:AoU...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By antithetical

@asgaard said:
    @phantomjolt said:

Actually Thor mentioned the Hel in A:AoU...

This is true, how they'll explain it remains to be seen.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@antithetical: Yea that could've been such a great movie the Gorr arc but they had to go and say things like he's an alien or demi-god which is just completely wrong as both of his parents are Gods, I'm pretty sure demi-god means you are half human. Also they had Odin explicitly say "We are not Gods" which if they did that arc now would confuse the hell out of people. So yea you're right Marvel have just butchered Asgardians basically saying they're just aliens which is very annoying.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: how is it that dc treats superman more like a god than marvel does with thor

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomjolt: I know it's just sad as it's kind of a slap in the face to Thor fans as he is the 'God of Thunder' and if you watched the honest trailers for Thor on youtube the guy says it perfectly Odin said they are not Gods, so is he just the Guy of Thunder then. I'll add a link incase you haven't watched it, they are brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eAgsrEX_CA

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@phantomjolt: in my opinion if they stop doing that supes could become a more interesting character.

I liked supes but the more i got into him i learned he was only about being powerful and nothing else interesting.

Thor is fine the way he's portray'd. Any thing more then he wouldnt fit in well with everyone else.

Thor has so much going on for him compared to supes.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Asgaard

@thorson said:

@phantomjolt: in my opinion if they stop doing that supes could become a more interesting character.

I liked supes but the more i got into him i learned he was only about being powerful and nothing else interesting.

Thor is fine the way he's portray'd. Any thing more then he wouldnt fit in well with everyone else.

Thor has so much going on for him compared to supes.

Thanks for you post, sometimes i think i m alone in Thor forum/topics, Thor and Asgard aren't just interesting because the power levels, and even when they are just some kind of weird Ancient Aliens they still can be very interesting if the plot correctly portrays their different beliefs systems. And since we a speaking of positive things why not create the doubt again about their divinity? The Ragnarok seems the perfect concept to make us question that again...

@thorthunder98 said:

@phantomjolt: I know it's just sad as it's kind of a slap in the face to Thor fans as he is the 'God of Thunder' and if you watched the honest trailers for Thor on youtube the guy says it perfectly Odin said they are not Gods, so is he just the Guy of Thunder then. I'll add a link incase you haven't watched it, they are brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eAgsrEX_CA

@thorthunder98 i understand your position that other users from Thor forums also have, but a movie narrative is lot more than one concept, and like i said several times i would prefer the Mcu exploring the doubt about the Asgardians divinity, and not writing plots denying that, but Screen Junkies were a lot more "harsh" with MoS narrative than both Thor movies narrative, don't you think?

Loading Video...

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I just saw it, was pretty funny. I also saw the one with the writers doing commentary what i got from it was they were to scared to show off the fantastical side of thor and asgard they wanted to keep it kind of grounded like iron man which is kind of a shame.

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: At least they have the first 2 superman movies.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Asgaard

And Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, Superman Returns, don't go that way Thor and Iron Man are the current A listers that have less embarrassing movies...

Batman and Robin?

Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Wolverine Origins?

X-Men The Last Stand?

1990 Captain America?

2003 Hulk?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @phantomjolt said:

And Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, Superman Returns, don't go that way Thor and Iron Man are the current A listers that have less embarrassing movies...

Batman and Robin?

Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Wolverine Origins?

X-Men The Last Stand?

1990 Captain America?

2003 Hulk?

*2015 Fantastic 4*

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness:

The previous FF movies already were bad, and perhaps that's why they aren't A listers anymore...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@cgoodness:

The previous FF movies already were bad, and perhaps that's why they aren't A listers anymore...

I still think they are A listers.......but what evs lol

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By phantomjolt

@asgaard: What i meant to say was that even if man of steel wasn't that great superman fans still have two iconic and great movies to enjoy and ignore the other ones. Hopefully Thor Ragnarock will be great. Was dissapointed in thor 2 and iron 3, and hopefully they keep it as close to the comic as possible none of that mandarin crap or too much comedy, some characters dont need it.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@cgoodness:

Interesting that you said that, because there's a lot more posts in their movie review than Ant-Man, and the all site seems more interested in FF 2015 than the Ant-man movie, but even if FF were/are (Doom in SW) very important for Marvel Comics and have great stories and i really like them, Fox didn't let them continue to be the A listers that the Avengers and the X-Men currently are...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @cgoodness said:
    @asgaard said:

@cgoodness:

Interesting that you said that, because there's a lot more posts in their movie review than Ant-Man, and the all site seems more interested in FF 2015 than the Ant-man movie, but even if FF were/are (Doom in SW) very important for Marvel Comics and have great stories and i really like them, Fox didn't let them continue to be the A listers that the Avengers and the X-Men currently are...

When i think A lister, i think people with a lot of recognition, i mean i think a lot of people know who they are

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @cgoodness said:
    @asgaard said:

@cgoodness:

When i think A lister, i think people with a lot of recognition, i mean i think a lot of people know who they are

Yes, but by this path in the future that scenario can change, Marvel comics cancel their comic (Fox related?), and Fox made this movie that had a terrible reception, "castrating" the property for the future, at least if one of the previous was good...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Does Marvel still make $$$ from their merchandise though?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney does, but usually they don't make any figures/toys for the Fox movies only Mcu and Sony...

In the near Disney store the merchandise is all about the Avengers and Spider-Man, worldwide the movies are the best way to introduce some characters to the young audiences, i don't want to speculate very much because a lot will happen in 2016 (Fox has 3 X-Men characters movies) but the Mcu still can save FF, they could start introducing first Kang and Silver Surfer in phase 4, and FF and Galactus in phase 5, if the antagonists were well received by audiences in all the Mcu context, that could create hype for the heroes, normally is the other way around, but the antagonists of this property are less saturated for the movie going audiences...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Big G and SS should be added for infinity wars, does FOX own their rights as well?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Big G and SS should be added for infinity wars, does FOX own their rights as well?

Yup even Kang and the Skrulls, the right terminology is license (for live action movie exploration) not rights, for ex. they can't do anything with the X-Men or FF on the TV medium, and they can't sell anything, similar like when you rent a car you can drive it as you wish but you can't sell it because is not yours...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yea I think they are generally less harsh with the MCU films because they know they might get hate from a lot of their marvel fans if they trash the film too bad, still they had some valid points about MoS even if they were a bit harsher than they are with the marvel films although I'd say they kind of trashed IM3 but they were bang on with everything they said about it tbh.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yea I think they are generally less harsh with the MCU films because they know they might get hate from a lot of their marvel fans if they trash the film too bad, still they had some valid points about MoS even if they were a bit harsher than they are with the marvel films although I'd say they kind of trashed IM3 but they were bang on with everything they said about it tbh.

That are also my conclusions after watching a lot of honest trailers even non comic book movies...They are very creative and entertaining and as movie fan i really enjoy their videos, they also do trailers for video games GTA V is my fav....

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomjolt: Yea I think I saw that one, and I get where they're coming from but I wouldn't say Thor should be grounded like Cap or Tony he should be the cosmic fantasy side of the mcu like in the comics hopefully they will show that in Ragnarok as it is or should be about the apocalypse of the Asgardians hopefully they will have minimal or no time on Earth with Jane and Darcy.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yea even if I think they're being harsh on a film I love they still make me laugh, and I haven't seen their game trailers mainly just watch the movie ones might check those game ones out.

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: Please no more earth characters. More screen time for lady sif and the warriors 3 + hiemdal they are so underused.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomjolt: Yea I hope there is no Jane, Darcy etc in Ragnarok they have taken away from the films for me, they just slow the whole thing down and take me away from the fantasy side and are frankly just boring characters I don't care about. They just seem to be forced in now when I would much rather have them focus on people like Heimdall and the warriors 3 as you said I personally love Heimdall he has the potential to be a huge badass and do some ass kicking in Ragnarok if they let him which I hope they do. I like Sif aswell she gets some good showings in her AoS cameos to be fair.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember reading something a few months ago that Marvel/Disney were doing pretty much zero merchandising in relation to the current FF movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.