Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8585 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

When Thor Odinson returns...

TheInfamousGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll When Thor Odinson returns... (16 votes)

She becomes a sidekick of some sorts, BRB 19%
    She gives up the power and leaves the whole asgardian business alone 31%
    She die's 50%

I mean it's pretty much inevitable that he will return as the God of Thunder, it's just a matter of time.

When it does happen, what would you like to see happen to Jane. Personally, I would like for her to be like a sidekick of some sorts like Beta Ray Bill. Another thing is that I do not understand the absurd amount of hatred that she gets, and by that I mean the people who are wishing for her to die. Nevertheless, what do you want to see happen to her when the REAL Thor returns?

• 
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: sorry but am I reading your comment right that there is no amount of spite towards Jane foster in it ? Any way I'd rather her just become a sidekick. Was never a fan of Jane foster as Thor mainly because I think Aaron set up a good little bit of depth with her refusing thors offer to cure her cancer with magic and I think it was a major step back for her character for her to be the new Thor, personally I think Roz Sollomon was meant to be the Thor but Aaron changed it at the last moment for a big twist but ended up falling flat on the ground.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Tumblr would probably implode from SJW faux indignant outrage if Thor were restored to his rightful place in the lexicon it's a distinct possibility Marvel may be too scared to actually go through with it.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor will be Thor again just in time for the hype for Ragnarok. As for Jane Foster, she can go back to being a doctor. It's quite a noble profession. There are enough superhumans, aliens and gods in Marvel. Enough of this humanization of the Asgardian mythos. Get away from the glorified "noir-ish" indy writers and let a real superhero scribe write Thor (someone like Mark Waid perhaps).

Unfortunately the comics side of Marvel cares way too much about "synergy" with the films so I don't foresee a more mythological/cosmic take on Asgard anytime soon. Ever since 2007 they just don't have the writers or (more importantly) editors who care enough about the classic trappings of Marvel or superhero storytelling. Everything has to be "down-to-earth." Probably why I haven't bought or read a comic in ages.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.