Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

What feat does Thor do in Infinity 4?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Apparently Thor pulls off some really awesome control over Mjolnir feat in Infinity 4 but I haven't been able to find the image. Can anyone confirm this to be true?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

He throws Mjolnir out of orbit, and while he's having a conversation with the Builder, Mjolnir enters Hala's sun, catches on fire, then flies back to Hala and blows a hole through the Builder's abdomen.

Though as for awesome control over Mjolnir, the hammer can pretty much control itself once it's told what to do.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He throws Mjolnir out of orbit, and while he's having a conversation with the Builder, Mjolnir enters Hala's sun, catches on fire, then flies back to Hala and blows a hole through the Builder's abdomen.

Though as for awesome control over Mjolnir, the hammer can pretty much control itself once it's told what to do.

Ha that's pretty cool I must admit. And yeah I recall the hammer being able to fly by itself on numerous occasions.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was less of an awesome feat and more of an awesome moment.

Dont think there was any particularly great control displayed - it was just well planned out. Cap was a step ahead and the Avengers new what sort of treatment to expect from the Builders.

1. the Builder demands Thor relinquish his weapon
    2. the Builder demands Thor kneels before him and gives him a nice long lecture.
    3. All of which sets him up nicely for an unpleasant surprise.
    dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont think there was any particularly great control displayed - it was just well planned out. Cap was a step ahead and the Avengers new what sort of treatment to expect from the Builders.

2. the Builder demands Thor kneels before him and gives him a nice long lecture.

Oh yeah, Cap just told Thor to do all of that with Mjolnir ,( Cap) " Hey Thor, throw Mjonir through into the sun and make go straight through a builders chest. (Thor) ok Captain! lol ! Just gotta keep taking shots at Thor, even being sarcastic when you give compliments! You continue to hate, and discredit the character for what he does. Since you dislike him so much why comment on him at all. Thor does have a minority of fans in the world that respect him. Since you are in that majority group in the world that loathes the character, I guess you have the right to represent them.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74
    dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@lvenger:

Nice! Thor is a beast! Where is Hyperion?

He didn't do anything in the issue, it mainly focused on Black Bolt and Thanos' fight and the Thor scene

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@dondave said:

@lvenger:

Nice! Thor is a beast! Where is Hyperion?

He didn't do anything in the issue, it mainly focused on Black Bolt and Thanos' fight and the Thor scene

Thanks!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The feat was pretty awesome I must say.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild said:

Oh yeah, Cap just told Thor to do all of that with Mjolnir ,( Cap) " Hey Thor, throw Mjonir through into the sun and make go straight through a builders chest. (Thor) ok Captain! lol ! Just gotta keep taking shots at Thor, even being sarcastic when you give compliments! You continue to hate, and discredit the character for what he does. Since you dislike him so much why comment on him at all. Thor does have a minority of fans in the world that respect him. Since you are in that majority group in the world that loathes the character, I guess you have the right to represent them.

Sure thing crazy guy. Thor just took it upon himself to murder the emissary of a hostile race that Cap and the others were trying to surrender to. Thats the ticket! No wonder Cap seemed to have no idea what was going on when the Shiar ship reported an incoming object - the whole thing took him completely by surprise. You obviously possess great insight and I predict you will have a long and succesful career in the comic book reading field. Now if you dont mind me I'm off to despise Thor for a bit.

Bye!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

@fifthchild said:

Sure thing crazy guy. Thor just took it upon himself to murder the emissary of a hostile race that Cap and the others were trying to surrender to. Thats the ticket! No wonder Cap seemed to have no idea what was going on when the Shiar ship reported an incoming object - the whole thing took him completely by surprise. You obviously possess great insight and I predict you will have a long and succesful career in the comic book reading field. Now if you dont mind me I'm off to despise Thor for a bit.

Bye!

You never fail to entertain me ! Keep up the good work see you on the next Thor Thread! lol!

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved this part! I love reading Infinity! I'm thinking of putting a display on my wall (the covers are beautiful!)

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger it's a great comic, pick it up when you have a chance. Thanos, as usual, shows why he's arguably Marvel's best tank (below Galactus level beings and higher).

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap knows Thor can will Mjolnir to do anything so a plan was made and executed. Pretty simple, really. Does make for a neat visual.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it was a fantastic scene. It's funny how many people have gone from "Infinity is soooo boring" to "This is the best event ever!" after this issue.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mjolnir went WHOOOSH into the sky, and then went VVOOOOM as it went through the sun, and then Thor got btchslapped and had to kneel, but then the hammer came back to orbit like ZZZOOOOSSSSHHH and then KABLOOAWAWAWWed the Builder.

....Sorry, I'm a little dehydrated right now.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 SC  Moderator

The context around this moment is really more impressive to me than anything else. We have seen Thor control Mljonir like this before, and I can't recall seeing one of the high ranked Builders in battle (the Creator type he is talking to) but I imagine he can't be that powerful. Thor probably could have killed him with bare hands - however this meeting was for the remainder of resistance to the Builders efforts to ask for surrender/negotiate terms of surrender and the Builders decided to allow this moment to be broadcast as a means to demonstrate superiority. So Hala among other places and locations could first hand see this surrender and this diplomat bend to the will and superiority of the Builders. A moment meant to break the courage and spirits of those that oppose the builders. Cap's plan was to essentially make this a point to rally the troops.

His use of the word 'reckoning" for example, a moment of defiance on a grand scale. So wasn't even really about Thor killing a dude in a creative way. Was about Thor lulling an overconfident Creator Builder spouting off mocking words then making him pay severely with a clean hole into his chest. That and the message it sends to the Builders and those opposed. Then the raising of the Hammers as the Accusers of Hala rally behind him and Ronan. As they say in the Asgardian hood, tis officially declareth gameth forthcoming aka its on now!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I assume he tanks Black Bolt's voice then? I haven't been a fan of Hickman's Avengers work given his overly complex and sometimes unfocused dual plot points but I can't deny that's good writing of Thor in there.

@veshark said:

Mjolnir went WHOOOSH into the sky, and then went VVOOOOM as it went through the sun, and then Thor got btchslapped and had to kneel, but then the hammer came back to orbit like ZZZOOOOSSSSHHH and then KABLOOAWAWAWWed the Builder.

Congratulations for winning the best comment made whilst dehydrated award! 50 Internet points to Gryffindor! :P

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By EnigmaLantern

Yeah it was a fantastic scene. It's funny how many people have gone from "Infinity is soooo boring" to "This is the best event ever!" after this issue.

I'll happily admit I'm one of these, read the first issue and thought it was nothing special (even boring) and dropped it for other titles. Looking back, I do regret that moment. Well played Hickman, well played.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Veshark

@lvenger said:

@veshark said:

Congratulations for winning the best comment made whilst dehydrated award! 50 Internet points to Gryffindor! :P

xD

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Arrow

Epic scene this issue in general was epic

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By z3ro180

@lvenger: He throwe his hammer round the sun and killed a alien...8.5

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@green_skaar: I assume he tanks Black Bolt's voice then? I haven't been a fan of Hickman's Avengers work given his overly complex and sometimes unfocused dual plot points but I can't deny that's good writing of Thor in there.

Correct, multiple times, many point blank.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Wolverine008

@lvenger said:

Correct, multiple times, many point blank.

Yup, Thanos was just beastly against Black Bolt! Lol.

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

This was a great issue, The attack is actually a spin on the classic charged hammer attack/unfettered might ,& I knew Thanos could take Black Bolt The only way Black Bolt wins is if they're not on Earth or any populated planet, because even though he hit Thanos with multiple screams & his power Blast ,Black Bolt is still holding back His full power scream would shatter the Earth & tear Reality like in War of Kings "Thanos might even survive that level of hit" He has Taken planet shattering hits from Odin, Thor, Silver Surfer, ect.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thurdazz1313: It was pretty much obvious Thanos could tank Black Bolt's screams really given the punishment he's endured in the past.

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now don't get me wrong Black Bolt had a good showing he's no punk .Thanos was no daisy at the end of the fight, he hasn't been that busted up in a while

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What issue is this? I have the entire collection but I can't find this page or anything

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

The context around this moment is really more impressive to me than anything else. We have seen Thor control Mljonir like this before, and I can't recall seeing one of the high ranked Builders in battle (the Creator type he is talking to) but I imagine he can't be that powerful. Thor probably could have killed him with bare hands - however this meeting was for the remainder of resistance to the Builders efforts to ask for surrender/negotiate terms of surrender and the Builders decided to allow this moment to be broadcast as a means to demonstrate superiority. So Hala among other places and locations could first hand see this surrender and this diplomat bend to the will and superiority of the Builders. A moment meant to break the courage and spirits of those that oppose the builders. Cap's plan was to essentially make this a point to rally the troops.

His use of the word 'reckoning" for example, a moment of defiance on a grand scale. So wasn't even really about Thor killing a dude in a creative way. Was about Thor lulling an overconfident Creator Builder spouting off mocking words then making him pay severely with a clean hole into his chest. That and the message it sends to the Builders and those opposed. Then the raising of the Hammers as the Accusers of Hala rally behind him and Ronan. As they say in the Asgardian hood, tis officially declareth gameth forthcoming aka its on now!

Well he drew blood of Thor when he slapped him. That must be a great sign of the power of the Creators.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sounds pretty damn awesome to me . just saying , yes I like the sentient Mjolnir myself its pretty kewl how she has a soul or at least thats how I would write it.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Probably the most bada$$ moment since the God Blast down Mangog's throat . Thanks !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.