Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

THORS POWERS

Slamo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slamo77

I am a massive Thor fan, but over the years I have hear countless different exploitations about Thors powers. I want to know the real explination. So my questions are:

1. What are Thor's powers without Mjolnir?

2. Does he have power if he is unworthy to hold Mjolnir?

3. If he is still worthy, but for example, Captain America picks up the hammer, does he get Thors powers and would Thor still have his?

4. Does Thor have powers right now in Marvel Now, or does the female Thor have all his powers?

5. With the inscription on the hammer, that means that anyone that's worthy gets all of Thor's powers if they pick it up?

Any help would be appreciated.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you were a thor fan you wouldn't need any of this explained to you, countless threads, wikis and comics are available, a fan without knowledge is no fan at all

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its his power. he doesnt lose his power he is born with

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slamo77 said:

I am a massive Thor fan, but over the years I have hear countless different exploitations about Thors powers. I want to know the real explination. So my questions are:

3. If he is still worthy, but for example, Captain America picks up the hammer, does he get Thors powers and would Thor still have his?

4. Does Thor have powers right now in Marvel Now, or does the female Thor have all his powers?

5. With the inscription on the hammer, that means that anyone that's worthy gets all of Thor's powers if they pick it up?

1. Everything except flight and I think matter absorbing/portal opening.

2. Yes, again, everything except his flight

3. They get his lightening command powers and ability to fly but I THINK thats pretty much it.

4. See answer 1/2

5. Yeah

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has all his powers, except he can't fly. His powers don't come from mjolnir, he is a god and gets his powers from his parents. Its in his genetics. The hammer just let's him channel them easier.

Yes.

Cap would get thors powers, and Thor would still have his.

Thor still has his powers, because his powers don't come from mjolnir. We haven't seen female Thor do anything yet so we don't know, but we can assume so for right now.

Yes they get his powers.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slamo77 said:

1. Everything except flight and I think matter absorbing/portal opening.

2. Yes, again, everything except his flight

3. They get his lightening command powers and ability to fly but I THINK thats pretty much it.

4. See answer 1/2

5. Yeah

Pretty much this except for 3. Many people have held the hammer. Cap,Spidey,Cap again,Spidey 2099(or he is supposed to be. To much time travel),Wonderman,Beta ray bill,Rulk(.....),superman and wonderwoman, (although those were not canon) And the list goes on. And they all had alot more power than they usually had(except rulk but that was straight loeb force.) Even cap looked like he could take the hulk after he held that hammer. And 5 I guess but I dont know whats worthy. Ben wasent able to pick up the hammer and he is probally more than qualified. Arceley wasen either and she is Resserected god. Deadpool ..(for obvious reasons. So Im guessing worth means in the eyes of odin. The thing(ben ) feels down on himself all the time. The only time he might have been able to lift it was when he fought the champion and kinda ressebled thors never backing down but alas we will never know. Deadpool is a homicidal maniac and odin would probably just find him annoying. And arceley while trying to do go is a child and thinks like a child. But hey

Slamo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the responses!

Slamo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also can two people be worthy of Mjolnir at the same time? If so, who would get to keep it?

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
    AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slamo77: Yes two can be worthy at the same time (Technically at least 4 are at once, Thor, Odin, Beta Ray Bill, and Captain America) but whoever holds it goes by willpower perhaps? Odin first because he enchanted it, then Thor since Odin gave it to him, then idk between Beta Ray Bill or Cap, maybe its by who is more worthy or has more willpower.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slamo77 said:

Also can two people be worthy of Mjolnir at the same time? If so, who would get to keep it?

It depends. If odin intervenes then whomever he deems worthy. But beta ray bill fought and defeated thor and so odin created a whole new weapon for him. So beta is worthy but not in possession. This is true of many other people. Even though they are worthy they are not in physical possession of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.