Thor's diet

Avatar image for sunhawk
#1 Posted by sunhawk (650 posts) - - Show Bio

we know he eats golden apples to gain his immortality. but does he eat lightning and crap thunder?

Avatar image for pyrogram
#2 Posted by Pyrogram (45590 posts) - - Show Bio

-_-

Not sure, they have feasts all the time for fun probably though.

Avatar image for selinaky
#3 Posted by Selinaky (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, I think Thor likes to eat a lot, especially on Asgard with all the banquets and everything.

In the film they were surprised by how much he ate. He's also apparently fond of pop tarts.

Avatar image for skunkstein
#4 Posted by Skunkstein (644 posts) - - Show Bio

Now@sunhawk said:

we know he eats golden apples to gain his immortality. but does he eat lightning and crap thunder?

I always thought that he didnt need to eat, but he liked it anyway, kinda like we dont NEED to have sex to live but its a pretty important thing anyway.

I dont have the comic with me right now, so i might have the quote wrong, but i remember in Thor issue 1 in Marvel NOW he explains that after he killed that village frost giant he eat and drank in celebration more than the frost giant ever did. As an old norse god for the vikings i would be dissapointed if he didnt need his meat.

Avatar image for tupiaz
#5 Posted by tupiaz (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the original norse mythos Thor regularly kills and eats his two goats Tandgnjost og Tandgrisner and revives the next day.

Avatar image for daak1212
#6 Posted by daak1212 (8339 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. As mickey trains Thor to fight Apollo Creed the sun god of boxing.

Avatar image for skunkstein
#7 Posted by Skunkstein (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

According to the original norse mythos Thor regularly kills and eats his two goats Tandgnjost og Tandgrisner and revives the next day.

Oh yeah, i remember learning that in school.

Avatar image for soa
#8 Posted by SoA (6241 posts) - - Show Bio

mutton and mead

Avatar image for z3ro180
#9 Posted by z3ro180 (8709 posts) - - Show Bio

Pop tarts. Lots and lots of pop tarts

Avatar image for asagod
#10 Posted by Asagod (304 posts) - - Show Bio

The Vikings usually ate lots of boar. I think he may eat it, too.

Avatar image for AssertingValor
#11 Posted by AssertingValor (7805 posts) - - Show Bio

Beer

Avatar image for joshmightbe
#12 Posted by joshmightbe (27428 posts) - - Show Bio

He eats what ever he wants when ever he wants and manages to Keep his figure by regular use of the Odin method, yes folks the Odin method with which even you can look like a god in just 7 short centuries. Act now and you can get the starter kit for $19.95

(Odin Allfather not responsible for any ill effects on health or troll attacks that may be cause by use of this product)

Avatar image for joygirl
#13 Posted by Joygirl (21033 posts) - - Show Bio

Hast thou not heardeth of the mighty cakepies of Valhalla? Thon Thoreth son of Odin doth eateth upon their pieish cakeness with great relishings, until his abdomen doth feel prepared for burstation! Werest thou noteth informed?

Avatar image for pyrogram
#14 Posted by Pyrogram (45590 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Hast thou not heardeth of the mighty cakepies of Valhalla? Thon Thoreth son of Odin doth eateth upon their pieish cakeness with great relishings, until his abdomen doth feel prepared for burstation! Werest thou noteth informed?

If I was not a Thor fan I would not be able to understand that lol. I loled so hard with this "until his abdomen doth feel prepared for burstation!" brilliant.

@joshmightbe: If only.

Avatar image for thorson
#15 Posted by THORSON (4513 posts) - - Show Bio

HE DRINKS beer and his goats.

Avatar image for jeanroygrant
#16 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

He eats what ever he wants when ever he wants and manages to Keep his figure by regular use of the Odin method, yes folks the Odin method with which even you can look like a god in just 7 short centuries. Act now and you can get the starter kit for $19.95

(Odin Allfather not responsible for any ill effects on health or troll attacks that may be cause by use of this product)

LOL

Avatar image for pyrogram
#17 Posted by Pyrogram (45590 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON: goat?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.