Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor:Ragnarok

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dragon54321

there is a new picture for Thor:Ragnarok:

No Caption Provided

http://marvel.com/news/movies/26203/marvel_studios_confirms_stellar_new_cast_members_of_the_highly_anticipated_thor_ragnarok?linkId=24717777

it looks like that woman is Hela.damn,now I wish that they should have just made them Gods instead of advanced aliens.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

along with Jeff Goldblum who joins the cast as the eccentric Grandmaster

No Caption Provided

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phantomjolt

squealing intensifies

Image result for fangirling

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Cool.

just need surtur and I'll be happy.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hearing Karl Urban is cast as the Executioner.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing about Surtur, which makes me think we won't see his appearance on screen. And as I suspected Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie, which I don't necessarily have an issue with for the movie, but I'm afraid they'll pull some stupid stunt in the comics and turn Brunnhilde black because "we want movie goers to read the comics and they won't recognize classic Valkyrie"... :-S

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cool that they have the floating viking ships in the background. More of that and less Star Wars wannabe cruisers.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its going to be a fairly complex movie which juggles a few different subplots. Grandmaster's inclusion would seem to indicate an infinity stone subplot and then you have Mark Ruffalo who described it as a 'cosmic buddy cop movie' where they are traveling around the cosmos. So I am optimistic it can be a very good movie but again it comes down to how well the director does his job and the writers do their's.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The director stated he intends for Thor to be the "most compelling/interesting" character in the movie which I find promising, at least if it's not mere lip service. If this grand, epic story about the "Twilight of the Gods" gives us a deep exploration into Thor it could end up being a great movie. He hasn't really had a character arc other than how he became worthy again to hold Mjolnir.

The cosmic subplot has potential for both greatness and harm. If Thor and Hulk are traversing through the Nine Realms, it can be great. Especially if perhaps they're looking for the now-missing Odin. Though given Feige's statements about the importance of this film (he said they want it to be the most important of Phase Three), I'm definitely thinking that Thanos might make a cameo appearance. Probably to retrieve the cosmic cube. Hela's inclusion could also be really cool. That's a lot of plot to juggle in one film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.