Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

THOR Movie Discussion

• 184 results
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By queenfrost_

Finally you Americans can see it! :D
    & Yeah it was better than IM2

I actually enjoyed it in 3D

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By queenfrost_
    @caesarsghost: OMG Same I went to the opening night as well! April 26th :D
    uoos455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By uoos455

I liked it 

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By AngelN7

The Next time just Comic Vine crew reviewing comics movies please except for Norm who is a comic fan the other guy was like "whatever stupid comic movie" I didn´t care for his opinion

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Aiden Cross

I enoyed it, could do without the 3D though.. but i say that about every movie :p

Avatar image for deactivated-5f797850d03c6
    deactivated-5f797850d03c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm going to go see it this week for sure. I dont expect it to blow my mind but I expect it to be good. Also I felt like Iron Man 2 was better than Iron Man 1. 

juniorlhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By juniorlhulk

the movie sucked

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By joshmightbe

I find it odd that people who are fans of the ultimate universe, what ifs and alternate universe/timeline stories can't accept that the movies are different from the mainstream universe.The fact is that movie making is a business and in order to turn out a successful product some things have to be altered in order to get the biggest audience possible if you don't understand this you're just being naive. This particular movie stuck as close to this source material as any studio would have allowed it to and was IMO a great movie 

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59  Edited By Baddamdog

Gotta agree with norm and sara here, gotta take it for what it is, differences have to be made and you can't expect oscar winning dialogue or acting,I wanna be entertained when seeing a film like Thor, not go through catharsis or anything!

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Fantasgasmic
    @G-Man: Tony, I guess you're just a better actor than you realize, because you had me thinking you were all but dead set against the Asgard stuff.

As a note to the rest of the comments, if you're going to spoil things USE THE SPOILER TAG! Don't just write **Spoilers**. That is what it's there for.
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By brc2000

So the general consensus is that it's good? Good to know. I'm worried that with so many superhero movies these days, there could be a massive backlash, which could result in the death of the subgenre.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheHT

lol Rorie. everyone seemed to think he hated the movie cause he wasn't privy to all the 'fan between the lines' stuff.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By craigbo180

Well seeing as none of you said it was terrible it definitely sounds like it is worth a watch. I just wish I knew someone who actually cared about Thor, I don't really care about Thor but no-one I know has any interest in seeing this movie.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

Thor as it turns out is ACTUALLY (all things considered) a really good RELATABLE, humorous, enjoyable things to come-esque movie...

&You wana know why? ........Cause IM THE GODDAMN BLAQUE BASTERD IS WHY!!!!!

Say Nay

-_-

doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By doomsilver

that didn't show alot of the movie that i've already seen,

so i'm happy

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Daveyo520

Better then the Iron Mans?! :O

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Novemberx2

You guys know right that  michael straczynski Wrote the story, i don't think he he was the script writer, but he actually wrote the story for the film.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#68  Edited By xerox_kitty

I totally agree with Norm.  The main reason I hated Daredevil was because it was Ben Affleck in a red suit.  I wasn't watching a character, I was watching an actor.  But this...  This was just fabulous.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By azza04
    Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Greendevil
    @Daveyo520:

imo.....Absolutely. Iron man 1 was very good, but the sequel sucked imo. Thor beats both of them.
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @niamahai: lmao wow... First off Fandral ISNT an Aesyr anyway .. not even in the comics...  So your NON-spoiler doesnt even have a basis in point.. 
    As for Elba he was PERFECT for the character.. A character that for most of his portrayals in the comics had what appeared to consist of dark spacial matter & stars for a face..... -__-

Sidebar:
    *Stupid people projecting even more stupid racial preference/prejudices onto fantasy/film portrayls is ....Stupid*
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Iron_Lad

It was really good. I hope in the next Thor movie we'll get to see more of Asgard and the other realms. Perhaps some Valkyries too this time!

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By eezo

i really loved the movie, but i think that this feature should have included spoilers, would have been way easier to talk about.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MichaelBach
    @AngelN7 said:
    " The Next time just Comic Vine crew reviewing comics movies please except for Norm who is a comic fan the other guy was like "whatever stupid comic movie" I didn´t care for his opinion "
    I see your point, and agree that Matt's views were somewhat unprepared this time, but it's also interesting to hear what a non-comic guy thinks of a comic movie.
    soap on a rope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By soap on a rope

i'm with g-man, I thought it was good but not great, which is just about what i expected. 

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Wattup

I think some characters should be allowed to age.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Fantasgasmic
    @TheHT: I think everyone thinks Matt Rorie hated it because of the look on his face most of the time. It looks like he's trying to remember the movie, but some people might mistake that as his being bored with the conversation.
    Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Enyalios

@THEBlaqueBasterd:

I've always found that if you want to know if something is truely racist, flip the situation and ask yourself if the reverse were true would you get a similar reaction.  The answer in the case is yes.  If this was a movie about the Black Panther and someone who looked like Fabio was cast as the human incarnation of the Panther God, people would lose their damn minds.  Look how many people complained of the casting of Angelina Jolie as Cleopatra (who was Greek, mind you), or the casting of Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern (thinking that Jon Stewart was the only Green Lantern).

Granted I'm the same guy who thought the casting of Chris Lambert and James Remar as Raiden in the MK series was also inappropriate for the same reasons.  Did not mind the white actors as Chinese Ninjas (they had already screwed that one by the fact that they were Chinese Ninjas), and probably would not have cared if Tsang Sung was cast as a white actor (would have made me laugh, but I would not have minded) but when you start to delve into cultural characters, the legends of a specific group of people, there is a certain respect that should be adhered to. 

The guy is probably a fantastic actor.  That's not the point.  He is simply out of place.  It kind of reminds me of watching a certain rendition of Othello in my high school English class in which the part of the Moor was played by a bronze painted Anthonly Hopkins and all the black people in my class throwing fits.  The teacher had to produce the Laurence Fishburne version.  Complaints were over.  Not because Fishburne is a better actor than Hopkins, simply because he was more appropriate for the role.    

THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

Oh & I slightly disagree on the idea hes a 616 replica.. aesthetically yes.. the armours straight out of siege... But the mannerisms the arrogant "godly" attitude is STRAIGHT OUT ULTIMATES early run imo.. that &the fact they decided to wholey do away with the Blake/Thor alter ego premise... (If G-Man thought it was confusin before..Imagine that)
    If my predictions on the Marvel Masterplan are correct itll run like this: Thors next appearance will be in Avengers 1 ( there should already be a trilogy earmarked) will he play the Superman role in the team u ask? Nope. Im thinkin more so the Ultimate version but less of the eco warrior with a little atonement  &self discovery thrown in could be his main motivation for "joining" the team, that &the fact his little bro will have a BIG PART in the Avengers 1 plot >;) another nod to the Ultimates that I like

By then Cap will have unfrozen tried to figure out wtf  wtf &wtf he is.. cue leadin the team dealing with a worldwide threat (lokis doing) him figuring out wether he wants to lead the team dealing with an initial hulk rampage 

Right after the 1st Avengers movie follows Iron Man 3 then Thor 2 followed by a possible Hulk2, Hawkeye, Black Widow (insert whichever fringe Avenger resonates most with public here) movie. 
    with each sequel in between theyll develop his (Thors) character even more &expand on backstory his impending love triangle with Foster & Sif etc &possibly tie him to earth a lilbit more

After all the single rounds inbetween there'll be an Avengers 2  Chitauri/Skrull Alien Invasion 

then everyone goes off on individual adventures etc then comes back for  Avengers 3 a siege/civil war amalgam (possibly introducing Sentry  or Sentry level threat) eventually theyll be akin to the Events/Crossovers in comics & so on & so on... prettygood formula/outlay I think.. (alot better than DC's I tell ya lol)
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AngelN7

I have a question and this will determine if I´ll go and watch the movie again, does Thor Says "HAVE AT THEE!" at any point in the movie? I watched dubbed in my country , the dubbed wasnt bad but I couldn´t notice how much Thor spoke as an Asgardian, and yep just for that line

Majkiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Majkiboy

Thank you Rorie, I love you. You have restored my faith in humanity!

ScottyMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ScottyMarvel

As an Aussie, Hemsworth isnt an unknown to me... I still see him as Kim from Home and Away!
    Avatar image for jacory44williams
    Jacory44Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83  Edited By Jacory44Williams

good stuff
    luoxiang22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By luoxiang22

No idea what to expect from Thor really. Still trying to get my head around the fact that Kenneth Branagh is directing.

sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#85  Edited By sweatboy

It'sJustSomeRandomGuy is back!

Zamir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Zamir

all have to say to Rorie's nitpicking on "Thor" is "YOU ARE AN OLD MAN AND A FOOL" loi

mattf87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mattf87
    @DH69: You sir are a mad man :-)
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Vitality

I loved the movie.

Watching it again tonight.

Will pick up the DVD as soon as it's available.

00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By 00 Raiser

THOR ROCKED!. Im not a fan of Thor. Know enough about the character to say he has his good moments and bad moments. BUT THE MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!!

DKing_CiCADA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#90  Edited By DKing_CiCADA

I enjoyed that I feel I can go in and enjoy this now, can you guys  please do a review for when First class and Green Lantern come out because I'm ify on those. I thought this discussion was good me being a thinker and observer when it comes to film unlike some of my friends and I didn't think the music track in the background was not necessary I kind of thought it was annoying to be honest. And Babs try not to wear such noisy jewelry =P  

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By GREGalicious

Absolutely LOVED it!!! Cant wait to add it to my collection.
    Battlepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#92  Edited By Battlepig

Warning, this review might contain spoilers. So if you haven't seen it yet, you might want to skip my comment below.

Thor was a good movie. Not just a good comic book movie, but a good movie. It's had its fun parts, none of it were silly, and its serious parts. Superb acting, too. And the best part is that Chris Hemsworth actually looks like Thor.

But as with almost everything, it's not a perfect film. Kenneth Brannagh seems to have this weird obsession with angled shots. I don't mind them popping up here and there, but most of this movie was crooked. It got on my nerves after a while. Well, not on my nerves, but the thought of "Wait... what's this thing with crooked pictures" crossed my mind at least once and it kind of took me out of the movie.

The other part is the pacing. I rarely ever notice it in movies, but here I can't help but notice that maybe a lot of it was left on the cutting room floor. Because you have the first act, the act that introduces us to the story and the character and the world. That's beautifully done and executed. Brannagh took his time to make sure that we knew exactly who was who and what they do and where they are. It was very nicely done. Then Thor gets sent to Earth and within one night, he becomes a grown-up do-gooder. That's kind of hard to believe, isn't it. And then, really briefly - even though spectacularly - the movie ends.

Also, I might add that Thor's "hero shot" where he gets his Hammer... wow, what an amazing scene.

All in all, I recommend the movie to everyone for it is awesome.

DownZero82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93  Edited By DownZero82

I thought it was fantastic. Heimdall was surprisingly not that bad. Hawkeye did a great job and casting Jeremy Renner was perfect. Over all I'd say 4 Mjolnirs out of 5. Not perfect but did the job very well.

BlueStarr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BlueStarr86

I was right, the only thing I didn't like about this movie was Hogun not having a mustache... I would have been happy even with a fake one.

puka04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By puka04

i loved it.. yes there were some things that didnt follow the comic but all the marvel movies do that.... great movie, i was left wanthing more...
    Avatar image for bewilderingbeing
    BewilderingBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BewilderingBeing

I enjoyed the movie. It felt fresh and new but It stayed true to the series, there were of course some small changes but not so much to make the characters completely unrecognizable. (Wow Marvel what a change!)  My only criticism is that the person playing Volstagg shoulda been alot fatter.  Also the Enchantress and/or Hela should've at least made some type of appearance since they are always so prevalent in Thors life.  Im sure they will be a sequel and if so that is who will be the villain(s).  Once again thank god Bryan Singer had nothing to do with this.  Otherwise im sure it would have sucked a great deal

schmidty207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 8

#97  Edited By schmidty207

Saw Thor last night at midnight (Thursday 5/5...or should I say Thor'sday?)

All of the portrayals of Asgardians were phenominal, but Tom Hiddleston's Loki stole the show.

The story was well written and well paced.

The special effects were mind-blowing. Asgard and Jotunheim were fantasy-based but real enough to believe, but the Destryoer took the cake.

I don't know as much about Thor as I do other Avengers, so part of me went to the movie to see the "next chapter" of the expanding Marvel Movie Universe and this is where it let me down. The only things that connected this move to what's been made before are the appearance of Agent Coulson and S.H.I.E.L.D. We know going in that this takes place during Coulson's absence in Iron Man 2, but there's no connection to Incredible Hulk that I could find except a passing reference to Gamma radiation.

I also found the human characters to be somewhat lacking in personality with the exception of Kat Denning's performance.  She took the gold there.

My only other significant gripe is the lack of easter egg references. I saw Hawkeye, but there was no mention of the name. There were references to Journey Into Mystery, Donald Blake, and Tony Stark, and the Stan Lee cameo of course...but not much else.

I plan on seeing it again, in the daytime, so I may catch stuff I missed. Still a great film that's worth the ticket price.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Greendevil: I like Iron Man 2. I may be the only one.
    perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By perry_411
    @Chris207: They did use the name Barton for Hawkeye. I saw the Eye of Agomotto in Odin's Vault, at least I think that's what it was supposed to be, very blue and purple, there was also a large stone that resembled the Rosetta Stone, but could be something else. I loved Heimdell, I had no idea about most of the Thor crew, 

Splash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Splash

I saw the movie today. It was very average.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.