Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor is a father!

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Not really but aren't all gods notorious for having offspring leaving Demi gods everywhere. Should Thor have a son or daughter? If so with whom? What's their power!?

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By agent9149

No. Baby drama is so annoying in comics.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonSmith

@Agent9149 said:

Actually, given Thor's Asgardian heritage (the culture of which is based on Norse habits), it's quite likely it wouldn't be THAT big a change: Whichever woman Thor ended up getting a child with would end up being left at home to take care of the child, or a nurse would be set up to look after it while Thor ran off and did what he does best: Protect Midgard for awful, vile creatures. Sure he'd come by to see the child whenever he returned to Asgard, but aside from that, until the child was old enough to be trained, Thor wouldn't do that much.

And as for gods and demigods, no, that's strictly the Greek/Roman province. They're the ones running around on Earth impregnating whichever woman catches their eye. Usually with horrible consequences, such as Medusa, and the whole Perseus thing, and that one time Eros tried it...

The Norse Gods didn't really do it that often. They preferred to sit up in Asgard and partake in the more godly flavor's of carnal delights. Hell, the only mortal dalliance I can think of that occurred was between Loki and a Jotunn horse. And since Jotunn's aren't mortal themselves, I'm not even sure THAT counts.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Yeah that's what I was thinking like the character from immortals that movie. Just super kid and his mom maybe he starts off bad? Like even if he was just strong and could punch thunderbolts. Idk. And also I didn't know Norse gods weren't horn dogs my bad.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By agent9149

@JonSmith said:

@Agent9149 said:

Actually, given Thor's Asgardian heritage (the culture of which is based on Norse habits), it's quite likely it wouldn't be THAT big a change: Whichever woman Thor ended up getting a child with would end up being left at home to take care of the child, or a nurse would be set up to look after it while Thor ran off and did what he does best: Protect Midgard for awful, vile creatures. Sure he'd come by to see the child whenever he returned to Asgard, but aside from that, until the child was old enough to be trained, Thor wouldn't do that much.

And as for gods and demigods, no, that's strictly the Greek/Roman province. They're the ones running around on Earth impregnating whichever woman catches their eye. Usually with horrible consequences, such as Medusa, and the whole Perseus thing, and that one time Eros tried it...

The Norse Gods didn't really do it that often. They preferred to sit up in Asgard and partake in the more godly flavor's of carnal delights. Hell, the only mortal dalliance I can think of that occurred was between Loki and a Jotunn horse. And since Jotunn's aren't mortal themselves, I'm not even sure THAT counts.

Yes that is true but this is marvel we're talking about. They fiend for baby drama. Look at cable, rachel, hope, daken, wiccan, franklin richard, and speed and the whole scarlet witch fiasco. They even made a movie about hereo babies. It thor has a child, he or she will not be brushed aside.

blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blur99

Marvel's version of Thor is very than the Thor from myths. The same for Marvel's other heroes that come from myths.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson

Magni is Thor's son in an alternate reality.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PowerHerc
    Woden - Galactic Guardians #1
    No Caption Provided

Woden is the son of Thor in the alternate future where the Guardians of the Galaxy reside.

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Enyalios

@JonSmith: Actually you are incorrect, most other mythologies also have their fair share of demigods. Strictly speaking every human in Norse mythology is decended from Heimdall (and by extention Odin), who impregnated some sisters and their ofspring were the progentitors of each of the various castes in Norse culture. Sigurd, a Norse hero was the son of Odin. Many Germanic/Norse kings claimed decent from Odin, Thor or Freya.

According to Egyptian Mthology, every pharoh was in fact a son of Ra and/or Horus (which is really sick if you think about it because it in essence means every Pharoh has to concede to the fact that at some point his wife is going to sleep with his father and produce a son who is actually his brother that he is raising as his son...). Summerian and Babylonian myhtology is also rife with demigods and, while not god in the technical sense, lets not forget the Nephelim of the old testiment.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By z3ro180

In mythology Thor has three kids. His first born is Magni god of strength with the giantess jarnsaxa and is said to be stronger than his father. His second child is his daughter Thrund with his wife Sif, Thrund is a possible Valkyrie. his last child isModi god of rage there is no mention of who is his mouther

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Asagod

@Enyalios said:

@JonSmith: Actually you are incorrect, most other mythologies also have their fair share of demigods. Strictly speaking every human in Norse mythology is decended from Heimdall (and by extention Odin), who impregnated some sisters and their ofspring were the progentitors of each of the various castes in Norse culture. Sigurd, a Norse hero was the son of Odin. Many Germanic/Norse kings claimed decent from Odin, Thor or Freya.

According to Egyptian Mthology, every pharoh was in fact a son of Ra and/or Horus (which is really sick if you think about it because it in essence means every Pharoh has to concede to the fact that at some point his wife is going to sleep with his father and produce a son who is actually his brother that he is raising as his son...). Summerian and Babylonian myhtology is also rife with demigods and, while not god in the technical sense, lets not forget the Nephelim of the old testiment.

Sigurd wasn't son of Odin. Odin killed Sigurd's father, who was called Sigmund.

In Norse mythology, the first two humans were created from trunks of oak, then Odin and his brothers (Vili and Ve) gave them life and etc...

The descendants of Norse gods were the kings of Norway, Sweden and Denmark, (who descended from Frey). The sons of Aesirs and humans weren't called demigods, because they didn't have superhuman abilities nor anything.

@Z3RO180 said:

In mythology Thor has three kids. His first born is Magni god of strength with the giantess jarnsaxa and is said to be stronger than his father. His second child is his daughter Thrund with his wife Sif, Thrund is a possible Valkyrie. his last child isModi god of rage there is no mention of who is his mouther

Modi was also son of Thor and Jarnsaxa. When the Ragnarok had passed and Thor was dead, Magni would stay with Mjolnir for he was the stronger between Modi and himself.

cosmicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By cosmicx

Since Thor is a nice guy, I would figure his offspring would become a villain in the future

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

It'd be rather close minded to think Thor DOESN'T have kids somewhere. I mean the guy has said himself once before that he's seen stars be born and die in his life time. After all that time and given the very ancient Nordic customs of Asgard, yeah I'd be severely shocked if he didn't have at least a kid or two around

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By telepathic666

i can't see him having children...it's so strange to see him hammer in one hand and a baby in the other...the image is very statue of liberty to me

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By satyrgod

I hold out hope that Thor and Ororo will get together.

@Imperius_Rex: I was told recently that how one thinks of sex changes after having children. Have you found this to be true of males?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Pyrogram

dont think kids will suit him

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
    deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modi is also Thor's son in the Ultimate Universe. He was a central character in the last story arc.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Imperius_Rex

This whole discussion just got way out of my league. So If Thor does have those offspring can we expect to see them in the future??

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Enyalios

@Asagod: Sigurd was a decendant of Odin, not son, my bust on that one. He was decended from Sigi, who was the son of Odin. And the word Demigod has nothing to do with having powers. The name simply means "half-god" and is a proclaimation of herritage, not powers. By that regard in Greek Mythology only Heracles would have been considered a demigod as the only Greek hero with any powers of his own. However, Perseus, Theseus, Memnon, Achilles, Sarpedon, Meleger, etc are all demigods, owing one half of their parentage to gods. The word is more commonly refered to the greeks for two reasons: 1-their stories are more well known, and 2- the word itself stems from Greek. Other societies (Hindu comes to mind) use the word (or translation thereof) to refer to humans who ascend to become gods).

And yes, the first of the humans in Norse Mythology were two trees. However look again at what I said and do some research into Norse Mythology. Heimdall is refered to as the father of mankind because he traveled the world and sleeps with three woman, having multiple children with each. Each of these woman ultimately produce what goes on to produce the three castes of Norse society, kings, jarls and peasants, and therefore ultimately fathered the entirety of the human race.

And no, the poems mention nothing about Magni inheriting Mjolnir, it says his sons (insinuating both of them but also not excluding any of his other children) would inherit the hammer. And Modi's mother is never mentioned, modern assumption is that it was Jarnsaxa since Magno and Modi are usually mentioned together, but at no point in the tales is his mother mentioned. At no point does the tales compare the strength of Magni or Modi either. Magni was able to lift a giant that had fallen on Thor when no other god (to include Thor either) could, so its a fair assumption that he was stronger (particularly since his name means Strength), but Thrudr, his daughter's name also means strength. And she may or may not be the Valkerie Pruor who is a daughter of Thor whose name also means strength.

And you forgot about the Kings of Kent, Gottland, Essex, the Franks, Saxony, and a bunch of other places whose names I am forgetting because I can't pronounce them, all claiming decent from Odin.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By satyrgod

But, as Heimdall produced children by women, humankind already existed. I can acknowledge that he sired the three classes of the Northmen, but the entirety of the human race is a bit of a stretch.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanroygrant

@PowerHerc said:

Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson

It wasn't an alternate reality. It happened iin 616, when Thor was King Thor. It's just Thor turned back time, so everything went back to normal.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PowerHerc

@jeanroygrant said:

@PowerHerc said:

Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson

It wasn't an alternate reality. It happened iin 616, when Thor was King Thor. It's just Thor turned back time, so everything went back to normal.

It did happen in 616, but when Thor turned back time, the world where that stuff that had happened became an alternate reality.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeanroygrant

@PowerHerc said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@PowerHerc said:

Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson

It did happen in 616, but when Thor turned back time, the world where that stuff that had happened became an alternate reality.

I guess.

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Enyalios

So a guy throws a hammer that turns into lightning, another plucking out his eye to drink from a well, the entire universe created by the body of one giant (with its skull cap as the sky), a male transforming into a female horse and getting pregnant and producing offspring, boats that can fold up and fit in your pocket, a decaptitated head that still spouts wisdom...all that is fine, but a god siring the entirety of the human race takes it too far?

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Asagod

@Enyalios: Yes, Heimdall created the three classes of men (Jarl, Karl and Thrall), but he didn't created the humans nor his children would become the "entirety of human race", this belief comes from the translation of of the Voluspa, where the humans are called "sons of Heimdall". But this part of the Edda is a little bit confusing and may be referring only to the Norsemen.

I also know that the poems say that "the sons of Thor" were supposed to own Mjolnir after Thor's death, but as we know, many poems have been written down by christian monks, and by their hands the myths were changed. Many communities of neo-paganism, derivations of Asatru and Vanatru, believe that Magni and Modi were brothers by both mother and father (Thor and Jarnsaxa), and some modern scholars say that only Magni would receive his father's hammer (however it is true that there are many assumptions at this point). The strength of Magni was probably superior to that of Modi, since the first is the god of strength - just as you said.

I didn't forgot about those, I only said that it was believed that the kings of Scandinavia were descendants of Frey, whose name means "lord". But these tales were probably written by christian monks, since it excludes Iceland from its stories. (And most of the "non-written-by christian" tales about Norse myths were written in Iceland, so excluding that country from the myth should mean it probably wasn't written there, and instead, it was written somewhere in the continent - aka by a monk).

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By satyrgod

@Asagod: Are you among the Asatruar?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By Pyrogram

He had to be, future Thor in marvel now said he burried his sons.

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Asagod

@satyrgod said:

@Asagod: Are you among the Asatruar?

More or less. I have some beliefs of my own, but I'm mainly an asatruar.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Asagod: So you truly believe in the Norse pantheon? Cool, but there's something I'm curious about. How do you feel exactly about Marvel's interpretation of Norse mythology?

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Asagod

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Asagod: So you truly believe in the Norse pantheon? Cool, but there's something I'm curious about. How do you feel exactly about Marvel's interpretation of Norse mythology?

Yes, I believe in the gods. I actually became a Thor fan just because of my religion, which I always call mythology since it is much more common. There are some things that make me feel like - oh, that's too wrong, but I think that for the sake of the marvel universe, things must be the way they are. So I just keep reading and enjoying the God of Thunder.

:-)

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Asagod: That's good!

Anyway, as for this whole thread, there's only ONE of Thor's kids I'd want to see and that's Magni. He has great character potential and I feel he was greatly lacking in The Reigning. Don't get me wrong, he's a good character, but I only feel that he'd be a great character if he was allowed time to grow as one which he was unable to do.

I'd love to see Magni and Skaar duke it out with Hulk and Thor sitting on the sidelines watching, ending up in a real fight themselves when they say their own son will beat the other's. Come on, you gotta admit it'd be not only funny, but completely highly possible.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By satyrgod

@Asagod: Have you a specific patron, or do you honor all the Old Ones equally?

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@Asagod:What the f*ck, I am made of wood. That means all humans must be like pinochio

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Asagod

@Epicbeast3000 said:

@Asagod:What the f*ck, I am made of wood. That means all humans must be like pinochio

LOL, and christians believe we're made of clay.

04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By 04nbod

As long as Sif isn't the baby mama but knowing Marvel...:(

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SoA
    No Caption Provided
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By evilvegeta74

@PowerHerc said:

No Caption Provided

Woden is the son of Thor in the alternate future where the Guardians of the Galaxy reside.

@PowerHerc said:

Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson
    Magni Thorson

What he said , and her!

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By boob

"According to a sentient, disembodied eye that claimed to have once belonged to Odin, the Asgardian monarch once gave his son Thorthe mortal identity of the warrior Siegmund. Circumstances forced Odin to decree that Siegmund must be slain. Brunnhilde, recognizing that Odin was acting against his true wishes, sought to protect Siegmund, but Odin himself then caused Siegmund's death. Brunnhilde helped Siegmund's pregnant lover, Sieglinde get to safety. As punishment for her defiance, Odin removed Brunnhilde's Asgardian powers and immortality and cast her into a trance. She was eventually awakened by Siegfried, the son of Siegmund and Sieglinde and another mortal incarnation of Thor.

Brunnhilde and Siegfried became lovers, and she made him invulnerable so long as his back was not turned on his foe. However, Siegfried fell under the influence of magic and betrayed her. He was later murdered, and Brunnhilde, still in love with him, leapt into his blazing funeral pyre (this part of her background was based on the Volsunga saga). Odin restored both of them to life, restoring their Asgardian roles and powers, but removing their memories of their earthly lives. It is unclear how much truth, if any, there is to this account by the eye. "  

Is this true then what happened to Siegfried?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.