Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor: God of Thunder #9 - Issue of The Year?

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By novi_homines

My GOD! One of the best issues I can ever remember reading. EASILY my comic book issue of the year thus far. WOW!

Luckily someone uploaded it (because they realized the world needs to witness this issue, lol) Have a look

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron's entire run has been extremely underrated.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Deranged Midget

This is easily my favourite Marvel book and quite possibly my favourite book on the market. I am always impressed after reading an issue.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@novi_homines:

yeah I def have to agree....batman has been a close 2nd and im hoping Superman Unchained gives thor a run for his money

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get me wrong. I liked this issue and love the series but I don't see this issue as "Issue of the Year" unless you just meant your "Issue of the Year", which in that case thanks for sharing.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get me wrong. I liked this issue and love the series but I don't see this issue as "Issue of the Year" unless you just meant your "Issue of the Year", which in that case thanks for sharing.

lol yea. I meant my issue of the year so far. Wondered if anyone agreed.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, in the short time span that he's been around, Gorr has risen to be one of Marvels most interesting, and frightening villains. His origin was extremely relatable. His intelligence and ability to carefully design successful plans in combination with his physical strength, makes him a force in my opinion. Greatest Thor villain in my opinion. Long time Thor readers, what do you think? how does he stack up to Loki?

No Caption Provided
    HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines:

I don't know how underrated Aaron's run has been. It's generally been a critical success since issue #1. #9 was just the best issue of a series of stellar issues. This is easily Marvel NOW's best new series.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines:

I don't know how underrated Aaron's run has been. It's generally been a critical success since issue #1. #9 was just the best issue of a series of stellar issues. This is easily Marvel NOW's best new series.

Yeah, lol I didn't mean it literally. I just meant it in a general sort of way. I don't hear about it alot. It seems to lack popularity. But maybe its just me not being aware of the popularity it has.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Aren't videos like that not allowed on here?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want 10 and 11 to be better

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: sales are hovering around 50,000 issues a month so it has fairly consistent readership for a solo title. Around the Internet it's been reviewed very well on all the major sites too. But I also find that people get more fired up when there is a polarizing title of issue. Debates don't often last long when people are discussing varying degrees of awesome, especially on a Thor forum.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This was definitely not the issue of the year, at least not for me. It was good but I felt that the action was all over the place which I understand, but it was too much I think. My issue of the year was definitely Green Lantern #20.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagejonathan: Not trying to pick on you, but "all over the place" action usually tends to happen when godlike beings decide to square off. IMO the fight was remarkably fluid for my tastes with a great balance between high-octane moments and comedic pit-stops. Considering the prior two issues were mostly all set-up, it would've been rather disappointing had there not been this amount of confrontation. I give Aaron and Ribic major props for the balancing act featuring three different Thors in the same fight each having their own voice, personality and moment within the issue.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagejonathan: Not trying to pick on you, but "all over the place" action usually tends to happen when godlike beings decide to square off. IMO the fight was remarkably fluid for my tastes with a great balance between high-octane moments and comedic pit-stops. Considering the prior two issues were mostly all set-up, it would've been rather disappointing had there not been this amount of confrontation. I give Aaron and Ribic major props for the balancing act featuring three different Thors in the same fight each having their own voice, personality and moment within the issue.

Agreed. Perfectly put.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, but i do feel the action could've been a lil more fluid

like seeing Gorr actually get whacked with the mallets

seeing Thor's flight speed crushing the asteroids as he flies by

hopefully this high level of action continues in 10 with a lil more synchronization between description and art. thats why this comic is a 9/10 instead of a 10/10 for me

oh and the Thor's lost =\

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think their loss is temporary at best. They will figure it out. The next two issues will be quite telling. I'm intensely anticipating issues 10 and 11.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.