Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor: EMH

• 86 results
    Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Pyrogram

@Selinaky said:

@04nbod said:

I found Thor's confusion on Earth as the most endearing thing ever. His face when encountering a straw is priceless.

Yeh me too, and when he is confused about the Avengers card making noises. I liked his conversations with other Avengers, especially Iron Man, and Hulk.

It was good character development :D

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By HaveAtThee

CMartin, I understand your frustration about some of his portrayal in the team comics. In the show, however he looked like a champion. Both of his "fights" with Hulk were inconclusive (as most of their fights are, in any medium, except for that abomination "Hulk vs.").

In the first fight, Hulk was being manipulated by Amora the Enchantress and was already starting to get angry. Thor was annoyed at having to bring Hulk back to the mansion. When Hulk takes the first shot (which strangely we don't see) on Thor, Thor merely gets up and smiles. Their fight shows Thor smacking him around with Mjolnir and sending him flying into a statue. Hulk does tackle him hard, but then Thor (with his bare fist) punches Hulk and sends him flying back. So Hulk did grab him by the cape and hurled him away, but that's not a "win." Hulk was acting crazy thanks to Amora's manipulation.

In the second season, Hulk has an implant in his head which is controlled by the Red Hulk and makes him go bonkers every time he activates it. Thor nearly creates a crater with his shot to Hulk on the head, and starts smacking him with it saying "I don't wish to hurt you, friend Hulk." Hulk is freaking out and throws Thor away. Again, inconclusive.

The whole point of both confrontations is that Thor is not trying to really hurt him but Hulk is. If Thor was pissed off like he was against Graviton, Loki, the Skrulls or the Kree it would've been a vastly different story.

@04nbod said:

I found Thor's confusion on Earth as the most endearing thing ever. His face when encountering a straw is priceless.

It was funny, but it became a bit annoying when he was constantly confounded by anything technological when he technically considered Earth his "home away from home." This guy is supposed to be several thousands of years old. I just generally get annoyed when he is portrayed as a lovable buffoon.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
    Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His personality was fairly close to what I see Thor as. I enjoyed it most definitely. Didn't much care for Thor looking like a noob around technology considering Thor has never in his career in comics been portrayed like that and in fact has been shown as quite skilled with Earth tech. And jobbing to the Hulk was retarded in season 2 or the vision for that matter or for how much Thor got neutered to make him fair game for villains and heroes alike. Also wtf was up with Pym dodging lightning lol?

Other than that though...I really did love it. I will deeply miss AEMH and think that is most well done Thor I've seen in an animated series. Liked the art, liked his voice actor, liked his speech, liked Mjolnir, liked Asgard, liked the Warriors Three, everything. I really wish a 3rd season would come along instead of the new bullshit cartoon they're gonna try and make us swallow to sell to movie fans. Oh well though.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By HaveAtThee

I'm also disappointed at the cancellation of this series. Yes, certain characters were jobbed in certain moments to elevate their antagonists (like you described with Thor), but for the most part all of them were portrayed quite well. Thor's great showings far outweigh any slights that I can think of. I personally still think the Justice League cartoon was the superior series, but EMH is right behind it. Season 2 unfortunately was completely rushed after the conclusion of the Skrull invasion and they just threw in as many characters and situations as possible in the last few episodes before it was cancelled. I'm hoping the new cartoon will at least approach EMH in quality.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pyrogram

@Fernando072295REBORN said:

His personality was fairly close to what I see Thor as. I enjoyed it most definitely. Didn't much care for Thor looking like a noob around technology considering Thor has never in his career in comics been portrayed like that and in fact has been shown as quite skilled with Earth tech.

You know, Loki stole stark phone once >.<

And jobbing to the Hulk was retarded in season 2 or the vision for that matter or for how much Thor got neutered to make him fair game for villains and heroes alike. Also wtf was up with Pym dodging lightning lol?

Other than that though...I really did love it. I will deeply miss AEMH and think that is most well done Thor I've seen in an animated series. Liked the art, liked his voice actor, liked his speech, liked Mjolnir, liked Asgard, liked the Warriors Three, everything. I really wish a 3rd season would come along instead of the new bullshit cartoon they're gonna try and make us swallow to sell to movie fans. Oh well though.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By THORSON

@cmartin: @cmartin said:

thor gets smacked around a lot in that series... powerful lightning blasts but thats it... he gets jobbed a lot

I thought Hulk jobbed much more than THOR. THOR was only de-powered.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By THORSON

@cmartin said:

@TheGodofThunder said:

Thor jobbed for 2 seasons but it was worth waiting to see him almost single handily taking down galactus.

yes thor was jobbed

I didnt see that episode..... Ill have to look it up

and the Hulk could only watch and do nothing.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By sommyt

@Pyrogram: odin is more powerful but not stronger as in mere physical strength. .ofins power comes from his great knowledge and Odin force not physical strength ..ofin has strength of a more than average asgardian. He is not above 100 tons without amp. ...but Thor has crumbled uru. Broken adamantium lifted the serpent. .lifted millions of tons without effort

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pyrogram

@sommyt: Odin could amp and become stronger though.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By cmartin

@sommyt said:

@Pyrogram: odin is more powerful but not stronger as in mere physical strength. .ofins power comes from his great knowledge and Odin force not physical strength ..ofin has strength of a more than average asgardian. He is not above 100 tons without amp. ...but Thor has crumbled uru. Broken adamantium lifted the serpent. .lifted millions of tons without effort

thank you... you know your comics... odin is listed at 90 tons I think , cant remember exactly.. i havent read that thor hand book in years in which it goes into details about all creatures in the 9 realms (asgard) thor had the greatest strength. Odins strength was 100% listed less than thors.

Again you know your comics

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pyrogram

@cmartin: I am the one who did Odin's powers on the Comic Vine wiki >.> SO I know his strength. He can amp himself to be stronger than Thor.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By cmartin

if i get time to dig that book out of my collection Ill take a pic of odins strength written by marvel

it was less than thors

Im going by what marvel says and that handbook lists thor as physically stronger no question

anyone can write on wiki....

I am going by what marvel says

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#63  Edited By SC  Moderator

@The_Real_Wodan_Also_Known_As_Odin said:

Hello folks, its me everyone's favorite Norse All Father, One Eyed Playa, Big Wolf, Odin, Wodan, Brodin! I hear some peeps be disputing my strength, well to set the record straight, I am stronger than you, your daddy and your daddy's god and you can take that to the bank, yo hizzle my fizzle? 100 ton? Hell no, I get my pimp on and I can lift 1000 Billion tons with my mustache, and pull 4 Trillion tons with my beard. My favorite son don't even have no beard and when he does its glued on. So y'all playa hater's gottsa get real and get out my grill or I'll spear ya old school style.

Hmm okay I'll trust Odin over anyone.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Pyrogram

@cmartin: Marvel get things wrong all the time and not anybody can edit the Wiki, it needs to be approved...

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cmartin
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Like i said I will go by what marvel says..they created the character and in all my years of reading thor this is the only time i remember them numerically stating odins streght

I went and dug out the book.. for those who are interested a couple pics are attached and it states thor lifts over 100 tons, odin lifts 60 tons

Tales of asgard by STAN LEE and JACK KIRBY

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Pyrogram

@cmartin: Marvel get it wrong all the time. Thor has lifted WAY over 100 tons... Odin can amp himself to more..Any fool can understand this.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By cmartin

I did state it states Thor over 100.

Raizex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Raizex

Yeah..............it........was.......a........great..........portrayal,,,,,,,,man.

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Postacrat

without his hammer Red Hulk would have beaten him.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By selinaky

@ThePhoenX said:

Avengers EMH : and the winner is... XD

Wow, I'm quite surprised by this! Didn't expect him to be the favourite, as well as his villain and episodes - pretty awesome!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Pyrogram

@Postacrat said:

That's like saying without the Armour Tony would be beaten by hawkeye....

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By sommyt

@Pyrogram: agreed Thor has lifted billions off tons but odin can amp to incalculabe levels...but at base Thor is vastly stonger

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Asagod

@TheGodofThunder said:

Thor jobbed for 2 seasons but it was worth waiting to see him almost single handily taking down galactus.

That was just the most epic thing ever.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Postacrat

@Pyrogram said:

@Postacrat said:

That's like saying without the Armour Tony would be beaten by hawkeye....

Wait wouldn't he? Or was that sarcasm?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pyrogram

@Postacrat: Tony would lose.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Fifthchild

@cmartin said:

if i get time to dig that book out of my collection Ill take a pic of odins strength written by marvel

it was less than thors

Im going by what marvel says and that handbook lists thor as physically stronger no question

anyone can write on wiki....

I am going by what marvel says

I'd love to see Thor as stronger than Odin - how much sense does it make that Thor isn't even the most powerful character in his own book? And there are a couple of showings that play along those lines (when the Mindless Hulk invaded Olympus Zeus wrung his hands that Hercules was not around to save them). But the fact is that most portrayals have shown Odin (and Zeus) as clearly more physically powerful. Just recently, in Fear Itself, Odin manhandled Thor.

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ThePhoenX
    MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

EMH Thor was epic though being an avenger means downing his power level to match earth's mortals to some extent

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR was great in EMH. Most people rather see hulk beat everything because they don't value having a meaningful story.

leopryor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EMH Thor is by far my favorite animated incarnation of the character. His personality was very well-written, and Rick D. Wasserman providing the voice for Thor helped a lot.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He owned vs the Skrulls, Kree and he had to take on Galactus while everyone could only watch. (iron man helped a lil but whatever)

Marvel may hate THOR but they did do a good job with him in EMH.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you pay attention in that show everyone got whooped multiple times. Hulk, Iron Man etc.

If anyone had it worse it was Iron Man.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

He owned vs the Skrulls, Kree and he had to take on Galactus while everyone could only watch. (iron man helped a lil but whatever)

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

blackleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think that he is the best cartoon incarnation of thor

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.