Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

the reallity of thor

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

Thor is not super strong and on par with superman more like on par with Batman if you take away his hammer

his hammer does not let him fly

His hammer does nothing but control lighting and that's all

The hammer itself is not big and heavy in fact pretty much anyone or anything if my facts are correct

loke never did scheme against his brother in fact they schemed together to fight off trolls if I remember it right

Thor's eyes are actually red

Interestingly enough the mythology of the Asgardiands ends with the begining of the christion bible

oh and thor does not have a loves of his life in fact that woman in the comics is actually his sister

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now what do think of that?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that's funny.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By 2chimcha3

Obvious troll. Nothing to see here. Everyone move along.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Thor is beset by trolls from time to time. This is one of those times.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, IIRC that's true if you're talking about Mythology Thor

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, but you know nothing of comic Thor.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TROLL I SAY THEE NAY. TAKE YOUR VILIE LIES BACK TO WHATEVER ROCK YOU CRAWLED OUT FROM AND AWAIT YOUR FATE , AND PRAY THAT RAGNAROCK TAKE YOU BEFORE THE FURY OF THOR FINDS YOU. That is what Thor would say :)

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The troll again speaks.

its mythology you F$CKERS in reality he's just if not weaker then batman if that's what your mad about

The troll speaks again.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: no Im serious its actual mythology why can't you people exsept that

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By z3ro180

@lifeofvibe: HA the day anyone listens to you about anything Thor or comics in general is dumber than a sack of hammers.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: I feel down now I was just wanting to tell thor fans what thor is really like in actual norse mythology I had no idea every one would take it so negativly

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JonSmith

@lifeofvibe said:

its mythology you F$CKERS in reality he's just if not weaker then batman if that's what your mad about

Even if you're talking about the Mythological Version of Thor, he's a LOT stronger and tougher than Batman. Do you think Batman is strong enough to drag Jormungandr, the World Serpent, who wraps around the Earth and swallows his own tail, up from the depths of the sea, on two separate occasions?

Once, he did it with a fishing line, the other, brute force. He's even destined to kill Jormungandr at Ragnarok, though Jormungandr's poisonous fumes kill him shortly thereafter.

Do you think Batman's tough enough to drink the tide out of the very ocean?

How about strong enough to leave massive craters with each strike of Mjolnir? Mythological Thor isn't feared by the giants for nothing.

Hell, Thor's so tough, he has wrestled Death itself, and while he was losing, he was still lasting longer than most.

And while I THINK you're right in that Loki never gave his brother to trolls or Giants, many of his schemes resulted in bad things happening to Thor. Such as that occasion where Thor had to cross-dress.

Also, you were incorrect on another note: Mjolnir doesn't increase his physical strength. He has a Belt that does that, doubling it. Still, even if you take the feats above and halve them, he's still pretty dam* impressive.

Still, you didn't deserve the negativity heaped upon you. If you'd been a bit more clear that you were talking about Mythological Thor from the outset, you probably could have circumvented a lot of this outcry.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: see that would be all well and good if you knew a single thing about Mythic Thor. Also calling everyone f&£!ers did not help.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: I was just watching a mythological renactment history lesson on the history channle so I geuss my source was wrong sorry about my thread

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: that or I wacth so long ago I forgot most of every thing but anyways sorry about my thread

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: ;)

Just curious about the colour of his eyes.. Sure they didnt say beard and hair, not eyes?

If the History Channel described Thor that way (wouldnt be surprised if they did) that would be .. imaginative

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lifeofvibe

@hel: it had somthing to do with him disguising him self as a woman to trick trolles into thinking that it was his sister (long story) he was in what people would call a dress in the olden days so he was under a gown but you could see his eye straight through the gown and it was described as burning red warriors eyes so the troll thigerd out that it was him because of his eyes

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Yeah, I know the story. Thanks, I think I will try to find that episode ;)

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is not super strong and on par with superman more like on par with Batman if you take away his hammer

his hammer does not let him fly

His hammer does nothing but control lighting and that's all

The hammer itself is not big and heavy in fact pretty much anyone or anything if my facts are correct

loke never did scheme against his brother in fact they schemed together to fight off trolls if I remember it right

Thor's eyes are actually red

Interestingly enough the mythology of the Asgardiands ends with the begining of the christion bible

oh and thor does not have a loves of his life in fact that woman in the comics is actually his sister

Thor alone is ridiculously strong.

His hammer does grant him a lot of his powers. I.e. the ability to fly, lightning control, and more strength.

His hammer is outrageously heavy. It was forged from a dying neutron star.

You're kind of correct on this. Loki is the God of Trickery. He's tried to take the throne though.

Only in Warrior Madness

Well seeing as Christianity is a mix of a lot of elder religions it's not too surprising to see this.

I think in Mythology he's actually married to the sorceress.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnibeast: actualy I just watched the thor episode and he's not super strong he's actually just 2 times as strong as a normal human being and he gets his strenght from a belt

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lifeofvibe

@omnibeast: I explained that he always has red eye just look at my last post when I was talking to hel oh and the reason the hammer is not heavy is because in a story some troll stole his hammer so unless all those trolls are as strong as thor I don't know how they where able to pick it up

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: I don't know what kind of show you're watching. If he's two times as strong as humans he's much stronger than bats (bats is as strong as the strongest man, and as fast as the fastest man) now he's no supes but much stronger than bats.

The hammer thing is completely wrong then. The hammer was literally forged in a Neutron star. A table spoon of that shit is tons.

"A neutron star is so dense that one teaspoon (5 millilitres) of its material would have a mass over 5×1012 kg or 5,500,000,000 tons. About 900 pyramids of Giza"

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: You're calling them ''F$CKERS'' and you are surprise of their negative reaction? lmao

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lifeofvibe

@omnibeast: is this norse mythology or comics? Anyways the troll still held the hammer. Not as strong batman but maybe as strong as batman beyond when he's older but I sort of doubt that

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: I believe it's both mythology and comics. How could he not be stronger than Batman? Batman isn't super human, he's physically peaked as a human. He's clearly under Thor regardless. Well that's my logic anyways.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnibeast: did you not hear me say batman beyond the suit in batman beyond increases the weares strength two times

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mercules
    lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lifeofvibe
    tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of us actually already knew this and we accept that it is Marvels interpretation of the character.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.