Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

So... How do you feel ?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah it was PIS that Thordis even got to touch Odin let alone punch around like phat in the first place but at least she didn't beat him and not only that but she seemingly gave him nothing but a bloody nose.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously i didn't read it only see some scans that others posted, and was one of the most inorganic takes on Thor/Asgard ever written, maybe equal to the whisper... I don't have any new special feelings about Aaron's writing on Asgard anymore, his rating for me is .... and always will be ... still is kinda sad to see his constant writing butchering on Odin, maybe on a positive side people who didn't realize yet that this comic goes beyond the comics intention can understand it now after this events shameless pandering...

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Obviously i didn't read it only see some scans that others posted, and was one of the most inorganic takes on Thor/Asgard ever written, maybe equal to the whisper... I don't have any new special feelings about Aaron's writing on Asgard anymore, his rating for me is .... and always will be ... still is kinda sad to see his constant writing butchering on Odin, maybe on a positive side people who didn't realize yet that this comic goes beyond the comics intention can understand it now after this events shameless pandering...

If you ever think of reading it for the battle then don't bother. It's , again, not yours or anyone's precious time. It still continues the butchering of Odin and everyone else on Asgard who is not a woman.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just read it well I didn't buy it no way I'm paying for that crap, someone put a video of the whole thing on youtube. The whole thing basically pissed me off the fight was a load of bs and like the last line before the epilogue 'her name is Thor, and she's not going anywhere' or something along those lines. He's basically saying we know you all hate it but we don't care what the fans think...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98:

I think i will disagree here from the scans that i saw, Aaron cares too much with what people think about his current writing on Thor, if not he would just stick to the comic plots, but nope... Somehow is demanding that everyone has to like it no matter what, first he strike back with Absorbing Man/Titania "awesome" panels and continues butthurt because everyone is free to not like it!

@spiderman1997:

Since that whisper that Aaron's writing on Thor/Asgard is just pathetic, some scans look like parody of his current creative decisions even if that is clearly not his intention!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally the rest of the Vine is seeing what us Thor fans see, lets see what the Vine staff writes up

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaptainRex

The fight was a standstill.

If you really look at the comic, Yes they show frames of Jane punching Odin and looking badass. But if you look closely at her, you will see that she is getting just as battered as Odin is and by the end of the fight. She's just as bloody and battered as him.

One could argue that it was Odin's blood, but again look close and you'll see a blood trail that is flowing from her mouth and nose. Odin was kicking her ass just as much as she was kicking his. But they only showed scenes of her beating him to make her look good.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: But you know how people around here are (especially the Battle Forum junkies), if it didn't happen on panel then it never happened at all, "pics or stfu" is their battle cry. I can agree that based on later panels Odin likely gave Thordis a good beat down off panel, but one could also claim maybe Jane accidentally smacked herself in the face with Mjolnir or got a nosebleed due to the altitude (lol).

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Then those blind, close minded fools can live in denial. I know what is in front of me and it clearly shows that the fight is a standstill.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: problem is my friend that that fact doesn't make things any better. She should have been railroaded in 5 seconds flat. No excuses. But she wasn't. So her even being able to stand afterwards isn't justifiable in any way......

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: Good thing we can just dismiss it as PIS/WIS. Cause Jane requires a whole team of Avengers to take on one Chitarie Warlord and gets sucker punched by the Vision. But has no problem fighting a Skyfather to a standstill.

Just imagine if none of this is real and this entire run is just a dream Jane is having from falling into a coma from the cancer. Her brain is just playing out her final fantasys before she dies.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: I LITERALLY feel that what you have just described is the only plausible and acceptable solution for this travesty.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: Actually Odin just stopped the fight altogether as soon as he senséd Freya's death. He also took no real damage at all as besides some blood in his face which judging by the blood in his hands, is most likely the blood he drew from Jane more than the one he bled.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: Interesting. I also noticed that despite Jane striking Odin and drawing blood, when Odin stopped the fight, his nose was not bleeding. While at the same time, Jane still had a trail of blood still flowing from her mouth and nose. This could only mean that Odin's wound had already healed and Jane was reaching her limit. If the fight had continued, Jane would have lost.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: I guess Aaron had a look at the forums before writing the issue and feared for his safety lol.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CaptainRex

@spiderman1997: Be that as it may. The frames still show Jane beating Odin.

While we may have been able to pick up on the subtle touches here and there. A majority of people will still only see what Aaron wants them to see.

Seriously "Her name is Thor, and like it or not. She's not going anywhere."

That just feels like a giant middle finger to major die hard Thor fans.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: I've heard this also with Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. He starts out great and then for some reason butchers every single thing both he and the writers before him wrote.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Thordis giving Odin a bloody nose. It's pretty clear that Odin was the winner

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: Not just him, Bendis too.

Have you read his Spider Man comic. He's is putting so much effort to make Miles Morals THE Spider Man. Not to mention what he did to the X Men.

Also I still can't wrap my head around Kitty Pryde as Star Lord and still being Star Lord despite Quill being back with the team.

Do these guys just go out of there way to make fan favourite heroes Unrecognisable?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: They may just want to draw bad PR. As they "No publicity is bad pubpublicity".

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CaptainRex

@spiderman1997: From the way people are so blindly accepting of this. That might actually be true. Seems like they can do anything can to these characters and people will just eat it up.

While there at it. Lets have a White Black Panther, or a Male Black Widow, or even better a Straight Wiccan. How awesome would that be.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spiderman1997

@cgoodness: Damn you Aaron! Is there no end to his evil ?!

EDIT: I get the feeling that Aaron may actually be Loki.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the worse things I've seen in comics this year. Such a low balling and disrespect. Yet, people still praise this dribble?

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Damn you Aaron! Is there no end to his evil ?!

EDIT: I get the feeling that Aaron may actually be Loki.

Im afraid to ask what he did.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: Perhaps he had a water aura instead of flame ? I mean it sounds ridiculuous but 5 years ago Thor being female would also sound ridiculuous.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: "Would sound"? Dude it still sounds rediculous. Everything Mavel has currently done just sounds ridiculous saying it out loud.

Seriously say it and tell me it doesn't sound wired.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: whats so weird about Thors ex with titty cancer stealing his name and hammer and beating up his dad?

....crap

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: whats so weird about Thors ex with titty cancer stealing his name and hammer and beating up his dad?

....crap

No Caption Provided

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: It is ridiculuous. I'm just saying it would have sounded like it would never happen.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: And even when it did people still dont believe it. (well the TRUE fans didn't)

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: The bit about Starlord actually makes some degree of sense imo since originally whoever had the suit and gun could claim the title of Starlord. There was even another guy who took up the mantle of the name shortly in the 90's. Thor is a totally different matter which has already been discussed on here ad infintum so I won't say why.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First time I'm hearing about female-Thor holding her own against Odin. All I can say is thank God I dropped everything Aaron was involved in.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is not really PIS, it was just too early to make it happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.