Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

So due to all of the times I've seen people saying

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor mostly only brawls and hardly ever uses any of his other abilities I decided to try and catalogue almost all of his major fights going back to the late 70's. I am limiting it mostly to battles that took place in his own book or in Journey into Mystery against beings close to his power level and excluding fights against people who he obviously was greatly holding back on. Everything else I will try to include. I will basically just list which attacks were used in the fight and then post it here.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By antithetical

@spambot: Hopefully that helps to balance out some of the disinformation floating around on the Vine, but I have a feeling certain parties just won't care...

No Caption Provided

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spykat

@spambot: Great project! I am tempted to call this a "Herculean Task", but seeing as this is Thor...

Here are a couple where Thor utilizes his seldom seen power of Transmutation.

Why is is seldom seen?

Because that would pretty much instantly end every single fight if he were to lead with this attack.

This ability is not too much different than that of the Molecule Man.

Sorry, issue number unknown :(

Thor transmutes a pyramid into a grove of oranges...and he wasn't even in Florida at the time!
    Thor transmutes a pyramid into a grove of oranges...and he wasn't even in Florida at the time!

Here, in Journey into Mystery 115 Thor turns the ground beneath the Absorbing Man into helium, causing Creel to just float away...

Why didn't Thor just transmute the A.M. into helium directly?

If there is some sort of "organic matter" restriction, Crusher Creel is hardly ever that.

I like that one little blurb Thor says in the 3rd panel:

"I shall explain! But you must prepare yourself for the unbelievable!"

Reminds me of Kahn from King of the Hill:

"Now prepare your brain for razzle-dazzle!"

No Caption Provided

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spykat: ya, he definitely had some crazy abilities he could bust out back in the 60's. He would be too op if writers still gave him some of those powers. So far I am almost halfway into Jurgens' run on my catalogue so might finish it in the next few days.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: He frequently uses his full powers in that issue. He also makes an absolute joke out of the Olympians with just his fighting skills. If you're halfway I'm also sure you've already seen This blitzing Ulik.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.