Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

should heimdall (idris alba) get his own movie?

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By christianrapper

I think that marvel can really get some traction from heimdall. Idris plays that roll pretty darn good to me. I also would love for them to explore the character. he seems to have an awesome power set. I know heimdall is not that big a deal in the comics. however, the movie version of him is pretty intriguing.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@christianrapper: I do love the character and do really want them to explore Heimdall more or show us him kicking ass in battle, and yea Idris makes a great Heimdall for me he just makes it so badass. However as much as I would love it I doubt it would ever happen I don't think Marvel would risk it as he isn't a well known superhero with many of his own stories. The only way I see him being in a film other than Thor is if they do a Loki movie and he goes on an adventure in it or something. Other than that I'm just hoping he has a bigger role in Ragnarok and we get to see him kicking ass.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do love the character and do really want them to explore Heimdall more or show us him kicking ass in battle, and yea Idris makes a great Heimdall for me he just makes it so badass. However as much as I would love it I doubt it would ever happen I don't think Marvel would risk it as he isn't a well known superhero with many of his own stories. The only way I see him being in a film other than Thor is if they do a Loki movie and he goes on an adventure in it or something. Other than that I'm just hoping he has a bigger role in Ragnarok and we get to see him kicking ass.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

yup a movie about him guarding a rainbow would be interesting.

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson lol!
    ODIN: "Hey Heimdall, things have been pretty slow on the Rainbow Bridge for oh...a few thousand years, so we're gonna give you an additional task of guarding the Skittles!"

No Caption Provided

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spykat

Everyone seems so enamored with Edris Elbam but indications are he doesn't feel any love for Marvel movies.
    He describes working in them as "Torture".
    It appears "Torture" has been redefined to include being paid a buttload of money for appearing in blockbuster movies.
    This serves to put everyone else's problems into their lesser, proper perspective.

Idris Elba Says Working on Marvel Movies is "Torture"

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Heimdall is like the Boba Fett of the MCU

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spykat said:

@thorson lol!

ODIN: "Hey Heimdall, things have been pretty slow on the Rainbow Bridge for oh...a few thousand years, so we're gonna give you an additional task of guarding the Skittles!"

No Caption Provided

Ah man, that's hilarious.

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spykat

@spykat said:

@thorson lol!

No Caption Provided

Ah man, that's hilarious.

Hey, it could happen ;-)
    (thanks)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Idris Elba was a differnt character sure but as heimdall no he shouldn't

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.