Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8588 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Should Aaron continue to write Thor after the Pr Stunt?

• 89 results
    Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Asgaard

My answer is no, he should leave Thor book, i still love Thor God of Thunder, but he went to far and didn't care much about the character, and in the blink of an eye destroyed his sense of honor (the same with Odin) just to sell his Pr stunt, basically he is destroying all the concepts from what means to be a honored Asgardian God that he wrote in TGOT.

But this this is just my opinion what you guys (other Thor fans) think?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Sigh"........having a woman take over the mantle of Thor is the equivalent of a PR stunt......."Sigh"....

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

"Sigh"........having a woman take over the mantle of Thor is the equivalent of a PR stunt......."Sigh"....

The Problem is that Thor is not a mantle, wasn't Thor already Thor before he was worthy of mjolnir? i think Aaron wrote that in TGOT with young Thor, right?

At this point say that this is not a pure Pr stunt, is very naive from you!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

If he goes back to doing what he was doing before, which I don't even think is possible, then yes, if not, I don't really care what happens to Thor.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

The Problem is that Thor is not a mantle, wasn't Thor already Thor before he was worthy of mjolnir? i think Aaron wrote that in TGOT with young Thor, right?

Well, apparently Marvel has a different idea when it comes to Thor. They see it as a mantle. Not really much you can do about that decision.

I suppose you could call it a PR Stunt, but at the end of the day, it happened. Thor is/was a woman, whether people want to acknowledge that or not.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By micah007123

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

I don't like the way Aaron's idea was executed but I really don't think it's deserving of the Pr stunt mantle. People are saying the same thing about Falcon Cap. Instead of looking at him as a friend of Cap and IMO after Bucky the next best person to take on the mantle, everyone is saying "Look Black Captain America = Pr stunt". That's all I'm saying.

Also I care about Thor as well.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Asgaard

@scouterv said:

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

Well, apparently Marvel has a different idea when it comes to Thor. They see it as a mantle. Not really much you can do about that decision.

I suppose you could call it a PR Stunt, but at the end of the day, it happened. Thor is/was a woman, whether people want to acknowledge that or not.

Anyways my question was if Aaron should continue to write Thor in the future, and i was more interested in the opinion who really cares about the character, not the opinion from who thinks that we should accept everything that marvel does.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@scouterv said:

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

Anyways my question was if Aaron should continue to write Thor in the future, and i was more interested in the opinion who really cares about the character, not the opinion from who thinks that we should accept everything that marvel does.

As I said. There's nothing you or I could do about how Marvel views Thor. Unless you want to apply to work there and work your way up through the system until you can change things however you see fit. If that's your goal, then the best of luck. Until then, all you can do is grit your teeth and take it as best you can. The good and the bad.

So you didn't like what happened with a character in a comic book run thus-far. That's pretty normal, I suppose and some people are cool with the idea. If the guy does good work let him stay on. You just got to a part you didn't like, in which case, you could probably just wait til it runs it's course and pick up the title when things are in a direction you prefer.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

I don't like the way Aaron's idea was executed but I really don't think it's deserving of the Pr stunt mantle. People are saying the same thing about Falcon Cap. Instead of looking at him as a friend of Cap and IMO after Bucky the next best person to take on the mantle, everyone is saying "Look Black Captain America = Pr stunt". That's all I'm saying.

In the end of the day Captain America was Steve Rogers it's a mantle and Thor is Thor, I get your idea, and i think Aaron is a good writer, but i have to blame him for quitting on TGOT for the Sales, you should also consider how this was announced on the "View" and Aaron first press release

Series writer Jason Aaron emphasizes, “This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before.”More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor#ixzz3Pf0lFJqr

And if you are reading the new book you know that Aaron to make this work is destroying all Thor and Mjolnir myths from the past.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As long as his stories are still epic, I wouldn't replace Jason Aaron with anyone.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Asgaard

@scouterv said:

@asgaard said:

@scouterv said:

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

As I said. There's nothing you or I could do about how Marvel views Thor. Unless you want to apply to work there and work your way up through the system until you can change things however you see fit. If that's your goal, then the best of luck. Until then, all you can do is grit your teeth and take it as best you can. The good and the bad.

So you didn't like what happened with a character in a comic book run thus-far. That's pretty normal, I suppose and some people are cool with the idea. If the guy does good work let him stay on. You just got to a part you didn't like, in which case, you could probably just wait til it runs it's course and pick up the title when things are in a direction you prefer.

Yes my topic wont change anything but like i said before In the end of the day i just want to know the opinion of other Thor fans that also know and like the character, every character has his identity and personality so i m more interested to know if other Thor fans accept what Aaron is doing to Thor's identity and personality, it's just a topic to exchange opinions nothing else.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

In the end of the day Captain America was Steve Rogers it's a mantle and Thor is Thor, I get your idea, and i think Aaron is a good writer, but i have to blame him for quitting on TGOT for the Sales, you should also consider how this was announced on the "View" and Aaron first press release

Series writer Jason Aaron emphasizes, “This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before.”More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor#ixzz3Pf0lFJqr

And if you are reading the new book you know that Aaron to make this work is destroying all Thor and Mjolnir myths from the past.

I agree with your points. I still say we should give Aaron time and see what he's got up his sleeve. He did Thor soooooo much justice in God of Thunder do you really think he'd just let everything go to waste because he wanted to try something different? I say no. I say we wait until this is over then judge everything all at once. Then we can make our decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have had some pretty crappy Thor writers over the years. Aaron is becoming one of then with this story, but if when female fake Thor is over, he doesn't mention it again and goes back to writing epic Thor stories with old king Thor and young Thor and stuff like that then he should stay, although he doesn't let Thor use a lot of his powers. But if he really writes a story about Mjolnir and makes it like a character, or if he keeps bringing up female Thor and makes it have a lasting effect on Thor, then no. I want things to go back to normal after this. Get ribic back and go back to writing awesome stories.

He needs to fix how bad he already messed up Thor and Odin too, with Thor losing an arm and Odin not being able to lift mjolnir.

In short, he's already messed up Thor a lot, but if he fixes it and puts things back to normal, than he's good.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

@asgaard said:

@micah said:

I agree with your points. I still say we should give Aaron time and see what he's got up his sleeve. He did Thor soooooo much justice in God of Thunder do you really think he'd just let everything go to waste because he wanted to try something different? I say no. I say we wait until this is over then judge everything all at once. Then we can make our decision.

Fair enough.

I will continue to read the book, but inverted worthy Loki in Axis was what made me think that this book is only a pr stunt to sell a female version of Thor, not other character wielding Mjolnir, because he also was transformed by the hammer and he wasn't Thor didn't behave like him and his hair didn't change like Agent Roz or Jane Foster did.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Do you think that it's possible to fix Odin unworthy and the Whisper? for me both were P.I.S. to force change, and don't fit Thor myths from the past, do you have any theory on this subjects? I read almost all Thor runs and i can't see any explication, besides "make the change and explain it after people buy the books"!

And there also Thor crying on the moon in the first issue, not to mention that the way he lost his arm was lame, and can you see after the revelation of Female Thor (Jane or Roz) what a human character can offer to Asgard? Isn't this lost time he still could be writing TGOT.

If he doesn't fix anything i said above should he continue to write Thor in the future?

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't like Thors name being a title, it's disrespectful to the character, it's not like a superhero name like Superman or Wonder Woman it's his birth name. You can't have Super Girl going around calling herself Clark or having Barry going around calling himself Wally. If they wanted a female Thor that's worried about her identity then have her go under a super hero name like Goddess of Thunder or Thunder Woman or something. If they want to make Thor unworthy then fine, but his name is still Thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Asgaard

@zarathos022: Ok Loud and Clear.

@cgoodness said:

I don't like Thors name being a title, it's disrespectful to the character, it's not like a superhero name like Superman or Wonder Woman it's his birth name. You can't have Super Girl going around calling herself Clark or having Barry going around calling himself Wally. If they wanted a female Thor that's worried about her identity then have her go under a super hero name like Goddess of Thunder or Thunder Woman or something. If they want to make Thor unworthy then fine, but his name is still Thor.

I agree in everything from your post, we know that she is called Thor for the Pr stunt, Aaron recently made clear in a interview that Mjolnir will be his answer to all our questions, (Whisper, Odin Unworthy, she Thor Transformation etc), what are your thoughts if Aaron changes Mjolnir myths from the past to explain his "Original Sins" on Thor character?

Aaron Statement

"Eventually, the idea is that we'll get a Mjolnir standalone issue," Aaron told CBR. "An issue that focuses just on the hammer. We still don't really know the full story of the hammer. There have been different origin stories told over the years, but eventually, I want to tell the real story of Mjolnir.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@asgaard: kinda reminds me of how Gorrs son turned on him even though he was just a construct (where Mjolnir is now the son and Odin Gorr). This new story sounds lame and unoriginal. Thank god Marvel is rebooting

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: if he doesn't fix it then no, but I'm not sure how he will fix Odin, the all father, the god with this odinforce, not being able to lift Mjolnir. At the end of this silly story he better regain control over it and become king of Asgard again. He also better put thors arm back. In the preview Thor mentioned to malekith that he still has his arm and that he wants it back so maybe that will happen with magic.

Also Aaron better not actually write a story making Mjolnir a character. I would actually hate that.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Asgaard

@jayc1324: but isn't mjolnir already a character? if she is human where does it come her Asgardian speech?

Cap was worthy of Mjolnir and never had this kind of speech, for me Mjolnir already is a character, but i get what are saying because Aaron will go further in the personification of fk... hammer, to explain everything, but he is contradicting all mjolnir myths, just to make her look like a female version of Thor that behaves like him, "being human", everything he wrote after the whisper was only to sell his pr stunt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yeah I don't want him to yo any further with Mjolnir, he already messed up enough stuff

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: People have the last little bit of Avengers to enjoy the real Thor with his hammer, and the reality wipe starts. Aaron should not be allowed to violate the Thor legacy beyond this point. The fans will have to endure, or ignore, the fake Thor until Marvel comes to its senses, sadly.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 SC  Moderator

Yes, I still want to see his Mangog story, don't consider current storyline his weakest, I found the Nine Realms story weaker, and thought it was alright. Better than most of Fractions Thor run. Better than what I imagine most of other Marvel writers could do. Also you can't assume that everyone thinks this is a PR stunt, and if you want to avoid having people talk about other things aside from writer departing, you probably should avoid such statements, especially discussion that sounds like a given objective statement instead of opinion, because people who disagree will want to voice why.

Its like saying. "Should Marvel put more of Beta Ray Bill into Thor's current series? BRB is definitely more powerful than Thor. Now discuss whether he should appear or not" - chances are users will end up arguing over Thor and BRB power levels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@sc: I love mangog! :-D

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SC  Moderator

@dagmar_merrill: Aaron's a big fan of Mangog as well, so will be interesting to see that story! ^_^.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: I posted evidences and explain why i think this is Pr stunt, and will say more, besides marvel and Aaron press releases where they say that she is the only Thor, and the View announcement, the changes happened at the same time with the 3 main avengers, and that changes weren't planed because they don't fit in some books like Original Sin 8 where Thor still is wielding his hammer after being unworthy in issue 7, Avengers no more bullying, where Hawkeye says that Falcon is the best athlete of all time (meant for Steve Rogers), Axis 09 where Loki is worthy of Mjolnir but doesn't become Thor, and doesn't go super saiyan like Roz, and we also have the base of this change the Whisper that is something that doesn't fit Thor's profile, the Asgardian God of Thunder stop for the first time in his life a fight because a stupid Whisper, Odin unworthy, again no explanation just P.I.S. to the hammer stay on the moon, and don't go anywhere, all this being ignored by Aaron after he said in several interviews that at least the whisper would be explained in the issue 1 of the new book, you mention the word discussion let's do that can you or anyone else prove that i m wrong, as Thor fan and after the great TGOT i would be happy if proven that all this makes sense and was planed and wasn't only for the sales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Aaron said he's writing a Mangog story?

SteelEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've liked his writing so yes, I think he should.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SC  Moderator

@asgaard: Yes you can justify your opinion using circumstantial evidence but the same could be said for your favorite Thor story arcs. Anyone with the ability to be critically discerning and cynical could do the same, yet that wouldn't necessarily make it true and of your own favorite Thor stories you would probably disagree that it was right? Anyway I am not trying to prove you wrong, just explaining the fairness of it all. Its like if I made a thread asking if Thor should grow back his beard to stop being a loser. Thinking Thor should grow his beard back doesn't necessarily mean you think he is a loser without it.

I get it, I understand you dislike the current direction of Thor, but is that the only reason you made this thread, to affirm what you already know, vent, have another thread to express the same sentiment, or do you want actual discussion about whether its time for a new creative team? How about suggesting some names that could take over? Suggest some new plots, that would work well with certain creative teams? Like I always think Oeming would be excellent on Thor, especially a story with lots of other pantheons and big roles for Hercules, Ares. I also hope that Gilleb returns to writing Thor one day, this time with more creative freedom. I am kind of curious to what Pak would do as well… I wish Sif, Warriors Three, Balder, and Odin got a bit more panel time too. Some old Thor villains like Dark Man, Durok, I wouldn't mind seeing again in deeper roles.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SC  Moderator

@jayc1324: He has said a few times he wants to before he finishes up. He even has a Mangog stature on his writing desk. "This first villain is all-new, but man, I can't wait to do a Mangog story. I've had a Mangog statue sitting on my desk for months now, and he begs me every day to write him in somewhere. Soon, Mangog, soon."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: That would be good, Aaron has shown he's great at writing epic battles and stories with thor fighting insanely powerful foes and I can only imagine the potential battles between Mangog and Old King Thor.

As long as Aaron ties up some plot holes and continuity issues and explains everything that has gone on with the whole female "thor" thing nicely, then definitely he should continue to give us awesome Thor stories, but it would be nice if he would use some of thors supporting cast too. I don't believe he's ever included Sif or Loki or Odin or Balder or any other current asgardians in his stories. He used Volstagg once in the Gorr arc and created Thor's granddaughters which was cool but I don't remember much else. That's my main gripe with him.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah he should. This was meant (according to him) to be the natural progression of his story so it has a point. My guess is Marvel forced it to expand and be a longer footnote due to the diversity point and the Secret War tie (so people appreciate the original more when they return...) but the popularity and polarizing nature of the change may make Thor. I trust he has a valid endpoint. Just because he changed the holder of the hammer, the focus is still with Thor IMO. The mystery could go on too long though.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Asgaard

@sc: so the word assumption is not in your dictionary, power to you, i can't say the same, but without that word should the words debate or discussion exist? In that scenario what is the point of Comicvine? There are assumptions everywhere in every topic in this site, you know that without assumptions there is no debate, but ok you didn't like my assumptions, or the way i made them, again power to you, but instead of being subjective and politically correct you could be factual and try to deconstruct all my assumptions, i would like that someone prove that i m wrong, say that i could be wrong doesn't bring anything new to the table.

You said that you don't consider the current story line his weakest, what story line!? There is no story line yet everything that Aaron is writing is to sell his Pr stunt character, the book didn't go anywhere, even in her story.

I understand your position, he prove himself in TGOT, if not he wouldn't be writing Star Wars, but in my opinion he is not more important than the character himself, my topic was to know the opinion from who cares about the character, people that read Thor in every incarnation, in this new book Aaron deconstructed Thor's identity and personality just to sell other character as Thor, you can introduce a new character without the sacrifice of the original character, but that is not what Aaron is doing, just want to know if old time fans accept that with no reservation... or should he be out of Thor in his next run because he put sales above the character core essential elements.

I would like to see a story line written by Jonathan Hickman, where there was a war between all the Skyfathers and the Angels for power in marvel universe (Infinity Style) he did something close to this in the Book (God is Dead), but in Marvel universe it would be more Epic, I think Thor, Loki, Hercules and Angela could have a great role to establish peace.

In Thor God of Thunder last issue (25) Mangog was in the preview pages of the female Thor @jayc1324:.

No Caption Provided

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tigerkaya

@micah: Oh gee another comment assuming everyone hates the new Thor because she's female. Take a hike were not angry about the gender issue its treating the Thor's name as if its a mantle. If Jason were to call her a different name much like Masterson called himself Thunderstrike I wouldn't have an issue.

As to Jason continuing, hell no.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Oh gee another comment assuming everyone hates the new Thor because she's female. Take a hike were not angry about the gender issue its treating the Thor's name as if its a mantle. If Jason were to call her a different name much like Masterson called himself Thunderstrike I wouldn't have an issue.

As to Jason continuing, hell no.

Your a little late to the party in regards to my statement.

As I said let Jason continue. I can't believe how fast people would turn on him regardless of if they like his new direction. After all the justice he did Thor in God of Thunder do you really think he'd throw it all away for an experiment? No. Let's see what he has in store and let him finish this story. He has at least earned our support to see what he's up to, what kind of fan short of a fanboy would turn on a writer for experimenting with something new?

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@micah: Last time I checked, there wasn't anything new about creating a female version of an existing male character. Nor was there anything new about dragging said male character through the mud to promote said female version.

Sorry. But after this, Aaron can just go and find some other hero to screw up. God of Thunder be damned.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Xenonyte

I can't see how this woman-Thor PR stunt outweighs everything Aaron has done in Thor:GoT.

Thor:GoT was, for the most part, a masterpiece and easily one of the best Thor-runs of all time (I'm not saying this from personal experience; haven't read every Thor run, but mainly from everyone's reaction when Thor:GoT was ongoing). Depriving Aaron of writing more stories that could perhaps match the level that he showed in Thor:GoT would be, in my eyes, shooting ourselves in the foot. So we don't like this whole new woman-Thor who wears the "Thor" name as a mantle? Fair enough, I'm sure we could give Aaron a second chance? I too stand by the common opinion that this was all a PR stunt, and a crappy one at that - I wouldn't mind, and perhaps even like, if woman-Thor was called something else instead, like Goddess of Thunder which is a real mantle. Still doesn't mean I believe Aaron should be prevented from writing any future Thor stories.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Last time I checked, there wasn't anything new about creating a female version of an existing male character. Nor was there anything new about dragging said male character through the mud to promote said female version.

Sorry. But after this, Aaron can just go and find some other hero to screw up. God of Thunder be damned.

That's one way to put it, but there is also another way. I won't try to preach to you about something you don't like but I'll just say not everyone sees it like that.

You'll see. People hated Superior Spider-Man for what it did to Peter. Fans were out forming lynch mobs..............once all was said and done those same people were acting as though they had loved the series from the get go <_<

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the whole anger about odin not being able to lift mjolnir. I thought it was pretty obvious that he and possibly thor cant lift it because of outside machinations, more than likely the all mothers who have been working behind the scenes lately.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the whole anger about odin not being able to lift mjolnir. I thought it was pretty obvious that he and possibly thor cant lift it because of outside machinations, more than likely the all mothers who have been working behind the scenes lately.

Sure... and Freyja purpose is?

Wasn't Freyja on the moon (in issue 1) sharing Thor's pain? i read all the Asgard books and never found any prove or clues from what you are saying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodofthunder: perhaps someone has been screwing with Mjolnir and the enchantment, but probably not the allmother. Odin is more powerful than them and they wouldn't do that to Thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenonyte: you have your points, but it's not only the name, you can't forget the whisper that doesn't fit Thor, and since then, Aaron deconstructed Thor's identity and personality to promote other character has Thor, the Thor Odinson from the new female Thor book has absolutely nothing to do with the Thor from TGOT, i will say it again i think that you can bring a new character without destroying the original character core essential elements, this is not what Aaron is doing, he is writing only for the sales since the View announcement, and that concepts from what means to be a honored Asgardian God from TGOT don't make much sense anymore.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To the question: get him off of Thor immediately. Take him outback to the hayfields and end him for all I care. I never want to see his stupid name as "writer" on anything I read. EVER. His stupid GoT is now worthless with everything he has done to Thor. In retrospect, GoT is pretty stupid really. Another remake of a Jurgens saga regardless of what anyone may want to argue. Same as his current BS. All he does is remake Jurgens stories. Talentless hack. I threw away all the GoT comics I had. They never happened as far as I'm concerned. Nothing in his first volume is of any value anymore anyway. Then with the reboot coming, there's really no point for any of us real Thor fans to continue reading any "Thor" book. It's made abundantly clear that this wench is the "greatest thor ever" by what thor says in Lokis book. So she's gonna win the Battleworld BS and be the real thor from now on. So who gives a f---?! I'm done with Marvel. All of it. They'll be lucky if I even watch Avengers this summer. I've lost all interest in the company because of this.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SC  Moderator

@asgaard: Awh man I swear I replied, but it never showed up. Anyway. I assume and make assumptions all the time, but they are distinguished by what I do know, I make sure not to present assumptions as facts. Its about transparency and honesty and fairness. Again, you could tell me your favorite Thor arcs and I could easily explain how it was the result of a PR stunt and how awful it is, but that wouldn't make it true. It shouldn't be your job to explain how and why my explanations may not be true.

Fans can't be critical of something without trying to justify or validate their criticism in other ways. Oh and again, I have no problem with your assumptions, you are entitled to them, I respect them, but you seem to think I have a problem with them because I question the idea of taking for granted that others feel the same way. Massive difference. Its also why I have no need to try and prove you wrong, since to me you haven't and can't prove yourself right. You would have to establish that you are more credible than Jason Aaron. I also don't have the time or care to deconstruct your assumptions, just you being aware you make some is good.

What's more likely is that like many, many fans, of Thor, X-Men, Hulk, Avengers, Wonder Woman, Superman, Spider-man, when fans are unhappy with creative decisions, they tend to look for ways to validate and justify their criticism beyond reproach, or to add extra weight to it, prove themselves, when that itself is unnecessary. Its okay just to be unhappy with Thor's current direction. Often when fans are a fan of something on the other hand they overlook or look pass things. For those that know Stan Lee beyond the superficial, he was well known for being a hype man, self promotor, using PR stunts, yet you will not find many Thor fans criticizing him in a negative manner. I mean fans usually come online to talk about what they don't like than do, the Thor forum gained an influx of regular Thor posters with less than 100 posts with the female Thor news, where we they before? They probably didn't feel like posting about Thor as much. Not a bad thing, its great having more people around, bumped Thor's CV listing as well.

Thank you as well, your suggestions and ideas are interesting, I like Hickman's writing - in God is Dead - spoilers - didn't he have Zeus kill Odin, Thor, and Loki pretty effortlessly though? Hope that doesn't happen in Marvel version heh heh. I wrote more in my original reply, but that was when I had more time, a bit too tired to replicate it, other than I think thats a great choice. Though I also remember some Thor fans have been critical of him in the past as well, with his Thor writing in Avengers. Fans can be pretty fickle.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I personally like Aaron's writing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.