Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

ORIGINAL SIN #7: What Made Thor Unworthy?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@hollow_point: Nope but apparently they said they will reveal it and only Aaron and Breevort know what it was apparently anyway. They probably don't know and are currently trying to think of some BS to fit in that bubble.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thorthunder98: I hate what marvel has been doing the past few years. They've straight up ruined some of my favorite characters, now apparently they don't even have an excuse for ruining thor... smh

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you say some crazy shit like that its your way of saying we take no blame if it turns out to be some hair brain lazy excuse....none it was all Him..

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By Mark_Stephen

Maybe he was unworthy simply because they needed him to be unworthy for the Lady Thor stuff to sell.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 99% sure whatever they say the whisper was will be total bs and completely illogical as most of Aarons writing is these days.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost two years? on, and still no resolution?

supshirtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just about to say the same thing. You would think such a major player as Thor would get better treatment, especially with Ragnarok coming down the road.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

You know if a character is influenced by a line spoken to him, he should logically know it, so logically it should be revealed to the readers or build towards a reveal to the readers rather quickly. Not doing this feels like acknowledging that it just happened for plots sake and throws out any feeling of natural development.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know if a character is influenced by a line spoken to him, he should logically know it, so logically it should be revealed to the readers or build towards a reveal to the readers rather quickly. Not doing this feels like acknowledging that it just happened for plots sake and throws out any feeling of natural development.

Definitely... And the worse part is that marvel says that only Jason Aaron the writer, and his editor Tom Brevoort know the Whisper content, but the question is how did Jonathan Hickman made Thor worthy again in time runs out? (New Avengers issue #32)...

At least Marvel could sound more professional...

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@asgaard: That was a cool scene and Hickman seems to at least let characters die with the necessary respect, but it never made much sense for Thor to become worthy again for trying to save something at the cost of his own life, because thats what Thor has always done.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: That was a cool scene and Hickman seems to at least let characters die with the necessary respect, but it never made much sense for Thor to become worthy again for trying to save something at the cost of his own life, because thats what Thor has always done.

Definitely hit the mark with both comments. I've been saying it for quite some time that they probably never had any real idea how to convincingly make Thor unworthy, came up with the whisper contrivance and have been riding it out as a "secret" until they either pull something out of their a55e5 or enough readers give up, don't care or forget about the issue so they don't even have to make the effort.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden said:

I was just about to say the same thing. You would think such a major player as Thor would get better treatment, especially with Ragnarok coming down the road.

This came to mind just now while at work! so I googled "how did thor become unworthy"

I figured it would be answered by now and I missed it, but nope .

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he was unworthy he would've been unworthy before the whisper, like just knowing something couldn't make him unworthy it would most likely have been something he did or something that happened, so why would knowing it at that point make him unworthy surely he would have been unworthy at the time of the thing that made him unworthy happened because Mjolnir should recognise it, because it isn't Thor that decides and just knowing something happened doesn't change anything. Unless it was a thought he had after the whisper I don't see how it makes any sense, and I doubt Aaron has thought further into it than 'oh we may aswell make Thor unworthy would be a cool PR stunt'. If they knew what made him unworthy we would've had an answer by now waiting two years for the answer isn't suspense it's just Aaron not having a clue what could make him unworthy.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By arthurkerr

Well if he if could be unworthy with a whisper then hell Odin could just erase his memory and poof worthy again, however somebody else would come up and say hey remember those cookies you took from my window when you were 4 thousand and ten and bam unworthy again.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if he if could be unworthy with a whisper then hell Odin could just erase his memory and poof worthy again, however somebody else would come up and say hey remember those cookies you took from my window when you were 4 thousand and ten and bam unworthy again.

Actually, even Odin apparently couldn't lift it?

No Caption Provided

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: And that makes the whole thing even more stupid if he has the power to enchant it he has the power to take the enchantment off it's ridiculous. Remember this...

No Caption Provided

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: And that makes the whole thing even more stupid if he has the power to enchant it he has the power to take the enchantment off it's ridiculous. Remember this...

No Caption Provided

All too well, even though that series wasn't that crash hot, imo. But how contradictory does that make Marvel?!

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akrasia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Fury was talking to Mjolnir not Thor.. It makes more sense that Fury said something that made Odin and his line unworthy than to just remind Thor of an old secret that causes him embarrassment. Perhaps it wasn't even English but some enchanted forbidden words. Some sin of Odin.

undeadtribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think the only plausible/acceptable reason is that somehow, at some point, Thor had trapped Donald Blake's soul/persona in Mjolnir (effectively "enslaving" him) and the reveal was that Thor "knew" this but had managed to be in denial about it until Nick Fury's reveal forced him to finally accept that's what he had done. This would also go a long way to explaining why Jane Foster could wield it, Mjolnir's personality, and why Odin lost his "control" of it.

Yellow-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He said that he was man, that's why he's unworthy. Feminists will destroy everything so that they can make it all just as retarded as them

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He said that he was man, that's why he's unworthy. Feminists will destroy everything so that they can make it all just as retarded as them

hahaha,there is some truth in that.

Allan53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Wow, you guys sure do complain a lot.

So I got the picture, zoomed in, and filled in some of the more obvious lettering gaps. It's far from perfect, but it's a start.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By w0nd

Marvel ever answer this nonsense yet?

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

Marvel ever answer this nonsense yet?

Not to my knowledge? Sad, really. I feel for him. A sigil for his return.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 cocacolaman  Moderator

Bump

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

What? You mean to say you missed the whole "Gorr was right" reveal and ensuing controversy?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.