Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

My Theory on Unworthy Thor.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

First let me start by saying I know that Thor should not have an issue lifting the hammer even if he is unworthy anymore since his life force has been bound with the hammer, but that doesn't really matter since this is comic books and retcons happen and remove minor details that dont really matter anymore. The fact is something Thor learned has made him unworthy.

We even get to see a glimpse of Thor losing his worthiness in Loki: AoA #1 because of mental changes he was having do to magic corrupting him.

No Caption Provided

So now getting past the idea of him becoming unworthy lets move onto the how of it.

What could Fury have said to Thor? In Original Sin #7 Fury tells Thor one of the secrets the Watcher saw, something that made Thor's hammer drop and his face change to shock and horror.

No Caption Provided

Now after thinking about for a while I noticed that in Loki Agent of Asgard they keep reminding the readers that the Loki in the series is not the new good Loki, but the original evil Loki who stole his body. They keep having the same flash back when ever someone reminds old Loki what he had done to new Loki.

Now the story of the new Loki is maybe the most tragic story Marvel has ever made and one of the best things Marvel has ever published. It is unlikely that kid Loki will ever be restored out of respect for Kieron Gillen's resolution, but what if Thor learned about this all happening and he has been treating the killer of his young brother with love all this time? Not only that, but it's Thor fault. If you think about the things that happened in The Mighty Thor and in Journey into Mystery a lot of what Loki did was became of things Thor did, but you can really skip all of specifics and just focus on this.

The very end of new Loki's story happens in JiM 645. This is the cover.

No Caption Provided

It shows old Loki holding new Loki in the palm of his hand.

Now lets look at the cover of 622 which is really the start of new Loki's tale.

No Caption Provided

The cover is the opposite of the last.

Now why point this out? Because I think in 622 it where Thor did something that really commended his brother.

The new Loki loved and looked up to his brother and when he needed advice this was the conversation he had in 622.

If you think about that advice and then apply it to the situation Loki found himself in, in Journey into Mystery 645 it applies perfectly. New Loki could have let millions burn by not doing what his past evil self wanted, but in the end he choose to let himself be erased and replaced by the evil version of himself so that he could save countless people, "even though it coast him everything."

If I'm right, I don't know where this could go. My hope is that Thor might be able to bring justice to one of the biggest tragedies in Marvel history.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You had a lot of effort and i value that but you could post your theory in this topic.

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/4005-2268/forums/fury-told-thor-about-kid-loki-1595027/#9

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thor_Donar

@teerack said:

@thor_donar: I was afraid no one would see it.

Ok for me it's cool, i only mentioned because i usually post in a Soccer/Football topic that was shut down because there were others with the same subject and older.

As for the theory i guess we will have to wait very long time to know.

Last interview of Jason Aaaron

Nrama: I would assume this would be followed up on in Thor, but is some might say Original Sin #8 might have some answers. Where will the next wrinkle in story be revealed – and will we ever learn what Nick Fury said to Thor?

Aaron:It’s one of the ongoing questions in the new Thor series. Readers aren’t going to find out the answer right out of the gate in Thor #1, but it’s certainly a question a lot of people have.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well it will be a hang nail our luck. He simply cannot lift it because it hurts his pinky. We sure do not want Thor to break a nail. I mean he already got a thrashing by a girl whats next hang nail I swear its the only thing it could be.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I don't see how Thor's treating of the new Loki with brotherly love when that version killed Kid Loki would cause him to lose his worthiness to wield Mjolnir. The two don't seem connected IMO.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This is going to be connected in some ways to Angela or the Tenth Realm. Thats what i think is going to happen.

Thor_Donar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Aren't the tenth realm events before original sin 7 when He was unworthy?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@thor_donar: Yes its earlier but given one of the words you can make out of the thing Nick Fury whispered to Thor is Aldri(f) which happens to be Angela's first name. Not to mention the appearance of a female Thor is what got me thinking they are eventually going to tie it with Angela and the tenth realm.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.