Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

My blog on Thor vs Hulk, who should win?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By uugieboogie

@asgaard said:
    @uugieboogie said:
    @asgaard said:

@uugieboogie:

O.K...Isn't that scan from when Jonathan Hickman started his writing on the Avengers? i can't remember well but like always there is context in that narrative...

There's not even any proof he was one-shotted. They try to use Captain America's statement "Not as long as I'm left standing" to justify Thor being one-shotted lol. But even if he was one-shotted that's clearly a low end pis showing when he's taking multiple hits Hulk and even took hits from an amped Hulk trying to kill him.

I love Hickman's writing in New Avengers #32, but that writing/plot in Avengers issue #1 was very poor, constant plot devices to introduce the new Avengers members for his run...

Yeah it got better as it progressed but even some of the best writers have hiccups

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@realitywarper said:
    @uugieboogie said:

Hulk was amped during Fear Itself while w/ another amped person and still couldn't one-shot Thor. I'm pretty sure he had no morals in that fight. *Sigh I'm always correcting the misinformation being spread around..

No Caption Provided

Brevoort always answer "Character X is beaucoup powerful" to Battleboard questions.

That means absolutely nothing.

*Sigh* I'm always correcting the misinformation being spread

Yet we see in the comic that Hulk is amped along w/ amped Thing and the combined power of these two amped characters can't one-shot Thor lol. I wasn't talking about Thor being beaucoup powerful but the fact he acknowledges Hulk being amped and to being able to beat him. My only point is that he can't one-shot him which any person who actually read comics would know.

Don't be butthurt and salty because you've been called out on your bait threads lmao

GG I'm out

No Caption Provided

Yet we see in the comic that Hulk is amped along w/ amped Thing and the combined power of these two amped characters can't one-shot Thor lol. I wasn't talking about Thor being beaucoup powerful but the fact he acknowledges Hulk being amped and to being able to beat him. My only point is that he can't one-shot him which any person who actually read comics would know.

Your logic is that because Hulk didn't one-shotted Thor this time then he can't one-shot him ?

The scans that I posted above already proves you wrong.

Like usual you are giving credits only to things that suits you without paying attention to the context.

Even the Marvel Editor has a context :

No Caption Provided

Don't be butthurt and salty because you've been called out on your bait threads lmao

You are acting like a Drama Queen and you pretend that I'm the one salty & butthurt...

*laugh*

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By uugieboogie

@realitywarper: That doesn't negate the fact that an AMPED HULK W/ AMPED THING COULD NOT EVEN BEAT THOR WHILE THEY WERE TRYING TO KILL HIM lmao I find it amusing the guy who claim others have a hard time reading can't read a simple post. And we already know sky fathers are powerful that doesn't change the fact that it's PIS to assume Huk blood lust could one-shot Thor whereas Nul (amped hulk) who was also blood lust out for the kill couldn't lol it's common sense.

You get upset when others stoop to your level? lol don't be salty and butthurt friend. Go ahead take the last word you deserve it. GG

No Caption Provided

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That doesn't negate the fact that an AMPED HULK W/ AMPED THING COULD NOT EVEN BEAT THOR WHILE THEY WERE TRYING TO KILL HIM

Feats that proves that Nul is an amped Hulk ?

Scans please.

lmao I find it amusing the guy who claim others have a hard time reading can't read a simple post.

You just proved it with the "beaucoup powerful".

You fan-made your own answer even Tom Brevoort avoided to answer.

And we already know sky fathers are powerful that doesn't change the fact that it's PIS to assume Huk blood lust could one-shot Thor whereas Nul (amped hulk) who was also blood lust out for the kill couldn't lol it's common sense.

Again.

Feats from Nul that put him above the usual Hulk.

Being bloodlusted doesn't make Hulk a better fighter.

I already proved that Hulk has the power to one-shot Thor by the scans that I posted before.

You get upset when others stoop to your level? lol don't be salty and butthurt friend. Go ahead take the last word you deserve it. GG

I'm not upset at all.

On the other hands you seems deeply affected by my claims.

Take a chill pill.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

H+S in 2010, nul hulk in 2011. These were both after Hulk's Amp on Sakaar. I really couldn't care what date they happened

And mine is after 2012 and shows an Hulk morals off one-shoting Thor.

It really doesn't matter. We both posted valid feats, even if there's no evidence that thor was actually one shotted in yours and that he was caught off guard by a morals off hulk...

I answered to the topic too

Accusing me of trolling because I posted my opinion is answering to the topic too ?

Not just this thread, but i've seen you go on other threads to try and troll thor.

You go on every thor thread and try and troll him,

I don't go on all Thor threads and I don't troll.

That's debatable

if you hate thor don't go on his threads

My opinion about Thor winning or loosing a fight has nothing to do with my like or dislike towards the character.

He is actually a character that I like.

That's the reason why I did a blog debunking the fallacious use of scans and misinterpretations of his simple feats :

Because I like the character and the people that use their scans out-of-context are ridiculizing him.

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/4005-2268/forums/thor-feats-reading-guide-for-dummies-1681627/?messageId=14781408&page=1

Fun fact : In the scans that you posted Thor himself recognized that he can't beat the Hulk and had to BFR him to win some time.

Well you do come off as not liking him. I understand there are some feats for thor that can be debunked, like for example I don't think RKT is really that powerful, I can't see him being above Odin. Some people say stuff like he stomped those who sit above in shadow, but all he did was destroy the thread that holds them. It seems as though you try really hard to debunk thor feats and come up with some crazy assumptions without evidence showing it.

There is no doubt in my mind that thor is in the top tier of the most powerful marvel heroes, along with sentry and silver surfer.

Your thread got locked.

Another fun fact: Thor was being sarcastic. When hulk said to thor "I knew" about thor not being able to beat him thor then says "did you now?" And also thor has beaten hulk before so it wouldn't make sense lol

Also, About the Tom Brevoort answer @uugieboogie posted, how can you discard his answer about thor being more powerful than hulk, but then listen to him all the other times?? You see what I mean now when it comes off that you don't like thor?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really doesn't matter. We both posted valid feats,

Except that yours isn't the regular Hulk so he don't belong to this thread.

even if there's no evidence that thor was actually one shotted in yours and that he was caught off guard by a morals off hulk...

I agree about the "off guard", I disagree about the "not one-shotted" as that's absolutely an evidence.

Not just this thread, but i've seen you go on other threads to try and troll thor.

That never happened.

That's debatable

Nope.

Well you do come off as not liking him. I understand there are some feats for thor that can be debunked, like for example I don't think RKT is really that powerful, I can't see him being above Odin. Some people say stuff like he stomped those who sit above in shadow, but all he did was destroy the thread that holds them.

I agree on this.

I see the feat about "those who sit above in shadow" the same way.

It seems as though you try really hard to debunk thor feats and come up with some crazy assumptions without evidence showing it.

I only debunk what I think that is debunkable.

My intention isn't to lowball Thor but to give an accurate description of what happened in the comics.

I have the same way of thinking for all characters including Sentry of course.

There is no doubt in my mind that thor is in the top tier of the most powerful marvel heroes, along with sentry and silver surfer.

So do I but some feats are used totally out-of-context.

Your thread got locked.

I know that.

Another fun fact: Thor was being sarcastic. When hulk said to thor "I knew" about thor not being able to beat him thor then says "did you now?" And also thor has beaten hulk before so it wouldn't make sense lol

There was always a rivalry between both, we will see if Marvel maintain it or change it.

Also, About the Tom Brevoort answer @uugieboogie posted, how can you discard his answer about thor being more powerful than hulk, but then listen to him all the other times??

He didn't say that Thor is more powerful but that Thor is beaucoup powerful.

"Beaucoup" is a french word for "a lot" or "very" so in that case he means that "Thor is very powerful" = "Thor est très puissant" in french.

You see what I mean now when it comes off that you don't like thor?

As I know I defended Thor more than once in that Battle forum and I'm one of the people that say that he isn't slow.

He has some levels of speed & agility on par with the characters like Spiderman (his bio state him as superhuman) but he lacks the training of an acrobat, the double-jointed advantage and the fantastic equilibrium of Peter (and the levels of "super-jump" ofc).

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hammer is a blunt edged weapon. If thor had an Uru sword with a razor sharp blade he would hack the hulk to pieces!

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who is glad they've moved away from the Hulk/Thor rivalry? It'd be refreshing to see them perform as teammates or go on an adventure than resort to yet another boring fisticuffs.

While I don't think the Hulk belongs in "Ragnarok" personally, I'm interested to see in how he's used. I just hope it's not the tired "mind-controlled Hulk used to go on rampage in Asgard" shtick. It's been done twice already.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: well,they are the most famous rivals in the comic history.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Yeah but their "feud" has long since subsided. It's almost redundant now whenever Hulk brawls with a fellow teammate or hero.

If they really wanted to please audiences, they would do two "What If?" issues where the two fight to the death. One story can have the Hulk winning and the other Thor, and each writer can do his best to explain why either Thor or Hulk would win. Because, really, an outright drawn out brawl between these two could wreak MAJOR havoc to whatever is around them, and my guess would be they'd fight to the end.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: I mean in the comics.movies are kinda shit in that aspect.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, About the Tom Brevoort answer @uugieboogie posted, how can you discard his answer about thor being more powerful than hulk, but then listen to him all the other times??

He didn't say that Thor is more powerful but that Thor is beaucoup powerful.

"Beaucoup" is a french word for "a lot" or "very" so in that case he means that "Thor is very powerful" = "Thor est très puissant" in french.

Not really following your discussion but just for context - "Character X is beaucoup powerful" is Brevoort's standard way of addressing the sort of powerlevel questions that he finds boring, repetitive and largely crafted in the hope that he will give a fanboy ammunition that they can go and use in an argument with someone else. Hes used the same stock response to describe Hulk, Thor, Thanos etc.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild: That was 5 months ago. And if you didn't follow the whole discussion how can you comment on said discussion?

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Am I the only one who is glad they've moved away from the Hulk/Thor rivalry? It'd be refreshing to see them perform as teammates or go on an adventure than resort to yet another boring fisticuffs.

While I don't think the Hulk belongs in "Ragnarok" personally, I'm interested to see in how he's used. I just hope it's not the tired "mind-controlled Hulk used to go on rampage in Asgard" shtick. It's been done twice already.

Not that I don't like when they fight, I do agree. Though quite certain they'll tussle in the movie at one point.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to say it, but Thor was above Hulk in his Pre Ragnarok, but in his modern ages he is barely equal. Thor was pretty much retconned with the Ragnarok saga. He is no longer as powerful as he ones was

but his current forms is not that much weaker

left to right

Thor even admitted he couldn't win against Hulk. Sorry to say this, but Mighty Thor is Mighty no more.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d:

That singular story proves nothing. The fight itself was inconclusive as was his own statement.

Meh, either way I don't care anymore as to "Who Would Win?" or all that nonsense. Tired of seeing heroes fight each other.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: and what about the many times he has been one-shotted by Hulk?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Oh god.I'm reading this and it's so funny how people actually think that Hulk and thor are Marvel's most powerful heroes.There are way more powerful heroes than those two that could take them out easily at the same time.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragon54321: Superheroes: If you count Franklin Richards as Super Hero then he is easily above them. Star Brand is also way more powerful than them. Jean Grey also as the Phoenix Force. Captain Universe. Silver Surfer (he is more powerful then Hulk but it is debateable with Thor). The Sentry. Quasar. Nova Prime (maybe).Dr Strange. Scarlet Witch. Mar-Vell. Genis-Vell. Adam Warlock (actually he is not a super hero). And of course... Deadpool > Marvel Universe. There are a lot of super heroes more powerful than those two. Some are more powerful than Hulk but are weaker than Thor (because Thor is more powerful than Hulk and Hulk is stronger).

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By dragon54321

@krleavenger: Sentry at base is equal to Thor until he pulls of a Godblast which almost killed Galactus I believe.Jean is overpowered.don't know about Scarlet Witch.she was only very powerful when she was unstable.the rest is pretty much correct.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By KrleAvenger

@dragon54321: F word (f%#*) is not allowed so edit the comment. God Blast? Heh,until he uses God Blast Sentry would blitz him like million times. Sentry can control molecules and was able to overpower Molecule Man. Jean isn't overpowered because she is the Embodiment of creation/Phoenix. Scarlet Witch has showed reality warping powers even after (and maybe before) she was insane.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By dragon54321

@krleavenger: sorry,didn't know that.

Death Seed Sentry was mopping the floor with Thor although that was a PIS.Thor didn't use any of his most powerful attacks,lol,which is why I never liked that fight.it isn't the first time that Thor was fighting "blitzers".exactly,which is why I said that Jean is overpowered.can Scarlet Witch effect Thor(Gods)???

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragon54321: Her powers are connected with Demon Chton who is equal to Dormammu so I'm sure she could as her powers are greater than that of Doom and Strange. Sentry beating Thor, Well I wouldn't call that PIS. Marvel said at one point in time that he is the most powerful hero ever. I have to agree with that because of nature and Origin of Sentry's powers. His molecules are moving faster than space and time as said by the guy who anylazed his abilities. Sentry is immortal so he can't die if he doesn't want to die. Molecule Man (the guy who destroyed Mjolnir and Cap's shield) tried to kill Sentry more than once but he couldn't and was defeated.

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By dragon54321

@krleavenger: yeah true.I still think that base Sentry and Thor are roughly equal,giving the fact that Thor uses 1/3 of his power on Earth.you are right about the Scarlet Witch.they fought one on one when Thor mistaken her as his enemy in Uncanny Avengers.she launched Thor into space.a panel before that she said that she won't hurt him so she removed him from the battlefield into space.it was obvious that the Scarlet Witch held back.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
    deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: The Thor that beat Sentry was amped by the Death seed, an artifact of CELESTIAL origin. I'm not surprised that Death seed Sentry won there. Without the seed, I think they are around even at base.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofthunder4: You mean "Thor that got beaten by Death Seed" instead of "Thor that beat Death Seed"? Anyway,I believe DSS is Sentry at his full power when he is stable and I don't remeber DS amping anybody that was Horseman at the time.Anyway even without the DS he loosk more powerful than Thor to me.I mean it was a stalemate with WWHulk when he was unstable,stomped Terrax when he was unstable and broke his axe, going toe-to-toe with Geni Vell (I think he was bloodlusted), unleashed so much energy that it could be felt in other dimensions, making everyone forgeting about his existence (I would assume even Omega Level Telepaths), defeating Blue Marvel while not being ay Full Power and being weakened and defeated Owen Reece in his own game,Molecule Manipulation,yes used molecule manipulation on a guy who can control Molecules and even destroy them (IIRC Owen destroyed Mjolnir and Cap's shield with his powers).Now this is not Owen Reece on Omnipotent level of power but he is still OP.Not to mention that Owen destroyed Sentry's molecules like 3 times and he still wasn't able to kill him.Sentry can't die if he doesn't want to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Oops. My bad on the typo. Thanks for correcting.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I'm posting this from the official Marvel wiki...

"The Death Seed is an artifact of Celestial design and was created as one of a number of cosmic relics forged by the Celestials. The Celestials give the Death Seed to select individuals who were charged by the Celestials with the goals of aiding natural evolution of superior species on worlds. The individuals ascend in power and strength, but their minds become so twisted to the point that they will see death as something beautiful that make space for something new to come and will not have any problem in killing million if not billion of living being to achieve their goal."

So according to the wiki, the death seed amps those affected to make them stronger than normal, not unlock their maximum potential.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By KrleAvenger

@godofthunder4: So it unlocks their maximum potential so DS Sentry is as strong as Sentry could be right? And I mean he nas enough feats above Thor even without DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I looked at the entire entire wiki page, and it doesn't say anything about unlocking maximum potential. The seed amps those affected beyond what they normally can do.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofthunder4: Yeah but you said this also:

So according to the wiki, the death seed amps those affected to make them stronger than normal, not unlock their maximum potential.

But either DS unlocks their maximum or amps them beyond their maximum is not importand because of this:

And I mean he has enough feats above Thor even without DS.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Sees Thor vs Hulk thread, sees that the category is Thor, leaves quietly*

dragon54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By dragon54321

Thor is now non factor.Female Thor is now in charge.Thor is now brooding somewhere until the End of Time.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL I hope those two finaly kill each other.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: Most powerful version of Thor will easily beat the Sentry as he is Rune King Thor and he is multi pocket dimensional buster. It is really unfair and stupid to compare that version to Sentry.

MiguelR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regarding one of your previous points, there is no doubt that Death Sentry is more powerful than regular Sentry. Regarding your post about regular Sentry having better feats than regular Thor, you are claiming Sentry's feats are "better" however many times in the past when people have brought up some of Thor's better feats you start claiming that those feats should be "disregarded"..

@krleavenger said:

@whoisthebest: Most powerful version of Thor will easily beat the Sentry as he is Rune King Thor and he is multi pocket dimensional buster. It is really unfair and stupid to compare that version to Sentry.

No Caption Provided

Borimir2103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on who the writer likes better. If its written properly, it should be Thor in a knock down- drag out war!

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice!

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they both stop holding back Hulk wins. If they are in character Hulk wins still. Thor wins only if he uses his powers. Which he does not use. That is why I always prefered Bill over Thor when it comes to debating for the character.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor not holding back using all his abilities>>>>hulk, Thor not holding back but not using abilities to the fullest>>hulk, Thor holding back and using lightning>hulk, Thor holding back and only fighting physically=<hulk.

This pretty much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.