Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

MCU Thor Durability

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
    deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Everyone's talking about whether or not Thor is a city buster but nobody realises that Thor just survived a city busting explosion with little to no injury. (btw I'm talking about Age of Ultron ending)

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His durability is inconsistent. He was scared of falling thousands of feet below in a glass container, and was stabbed and bleeding from Loki's weapon.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting for the DC fanboys to come

I can already smell the salt.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His durability is inconsistent. He was scared of falling thousands of feet below in a glass container, and was stabbed and bleeding from Loki's weapon.

Eh, no.

While Thor didn't want to slam into the ground at terminal velocity, the fall didn't hurt him to any real degree. Also in a realm where they have teleporting tech like the rainbow road and flying battleships, and where their foes are often made up of ice, stone, or who knows what other materials, does it take a degree in rocket science to deduce their blades are beyond Earth made knives?

Also in Agents of Shield, a fodder Asgardian has an Earth made blade bend when he is stabbed.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Exactly, he was scared. Why would he be afraid of it if his durability wasn't put in question. Obviously as evident by my comment I said Loki's weapon. That still doesn't explain why it should hurt him in the first place considering Thor is vastly above normal asgardian durability. Didn't watch AOS so I can't comment on that.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nerevarine_11: And Loki obviously knows what to use to harm Thor like an Asgardian dagger made from Asgardian metals designed for harming more powerful beings he can be hurt by the right weapons like what Loki use and he knows Thor well enough to know what to use.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RisingBean

@nerevarine_11 said:

@risingbean: Exactly, he was scared. Why would he be afraid of it if his durability wasn't put in question. Obviously as evident by my comment I said Loki's weapon. That still doesn't explain why it should hurt him in the first place considering Thor is vastly above normal asgardian durability. Didn't watch AOS so I can't comment on that.

Yes, Thor was concerned. I'm sure it hurts to land from that height then having the cage collapse around him would suck worse. People flinch from things that either don't hurt or barely hurt. It happens. And it doesn't actually affect his consistency. For example Hulk has a tendency to shield his face when he is being shot at. It doesn't mean the bullets do damage. It just means he doesn't like being shot in the face. By your logic his being afraid of being shot means he lacks durability.

I don't get how Loki's weapon makes Thor's durability suspect, either. It's obviously for all intents and purposes supertech. That is like saying Superman' durability is suspect because Kryptonian energy blasters hurt him when bullets don't. (well, except calibers shot from aircraft) It's comparing X to Y rather then X to X.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durability is perhaps Thor's most impressive physical attribute in the MCU. He's really slow, not a very good hand-to-hand combatant, and can't really lift anything heavier than a Volkswagen apparently. But he can hit pretty hard with Mjolnir and can survive an explosion that would destroy a city.

herewegoagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11 said:

Eh, no.

While Thor didn't want to slam into the ground at terminal velocity, the fall didn't hurt him to any real degree. Also in a realm where they have teleporting tech like the rainbow road and flying battleships, and where their foes are often made up of ice, stone, or who knows what other materials, does it take a degree in rocket science to deduce their blades are beyond Earth made knives?

Also in Agents of Shield, a fodder Asgardian has an Earth made blade bend when he is stabbed.

I think his blunt force durability is good, he was clearly afraid of being shot by the jet though, he ducked and covered.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herewegoagain: I don't like being shot with airsoft pellets. They sting. They don't do any damage. Likely that could be the case. And it's also likely Thor's first exposure to guns was that. It might have been him taking cover to assess the situation. At any rate he was fired upon by Ultron and it's highly unlikely he didn't get shot. He wasn't damaged.

And finally a technicality. Rounds fired from firearms actually cause blunt damage. They tear holes in people by being so small and coming with so much force. Bullets are not sharp.

herewegoagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By herewegoagain

@risingbean: do you duck and cover your body like an explosion is happening though? or do you just consider them to be annoying.

It is all speculation on my though so I will bow out of this

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herewegoagain: If something that looks like a weapon is being aimed at me and I didn't realize it's harmless, I just may duck for cover.

Vertical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's probably the most durable Avenger we've seen, sans maybe Hulk or Vision. He has the best durability feats.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vertical said:

He's probably the most durable Avenger we've seen, sans maybe Hulk or Vision. He has the best durability feats.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.