Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8589 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Just wanna say that I knew Thordis' run wasn't over

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spambot
    No Caption Provided

Marvel released the Thor #1 cover post sw and it still features Thordis. I had a strong feeling her run would continue. I bet it goes another year or two at least.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and thats a bad thing

wheres the love for the fans who brought thor all the way to where he was before the cut his arm off and made him unworthy

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: idk, maybe they are trying to develop a new fanbase for Thor and let the older fans either convert or die on the vine. They will prob feature the old Thor on some Avengers team and figure that is enough.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: well i mean i dont have that much invest in thor but are you sure its just the vine, femthors sales arent too hot i thought

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: idk if they care about sales that much anymore. It seems like its more about brand and trying to be edgy. I'm sure they expect sales to pick up at some point and that will prob be a deciding factor in the long run but they seem determined to do some things just to stir up controversy and stay in the news.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not a permanent change. They'll run with it for about a year or so and then relaunch Thor with a new #1 just in time for the build-up to "Ragnarok." For those who are displeased (as I am), the solution is quite simple. Don't buy it.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never was a Jane fan more Sif and Amora but hey I just have to weather out the bad and hope for the good one day. Not every story will be spot on as the British would say.

Jolly good and look at that Thor in a dress , oh and Thor the female to... Poor chap I do say that Arron fellow sure does seem to hate his job.

In any case I think it is just poking fun at readers from this point.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Cream_God

Way to insult fans by using the same name as Matts epic Thor run for this PR stunt garbage

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously it's a permanent change, and this creative decisions also will translate to the Mcu, K. Feige already announce a new writer for the Ragnarok movie, who else? Obviously Jason Aaron, why bring Surtur to live action when you can have Titania? She will set the "end of all things" but stop in the end because Thordis is female...

For now great news for Thor the son of Odin, the writer can't continue the destruction of his core elements with him dead, but i really doubt that this scenario will continue after Secret Wars, Aaron will just ignore continuity, (Laussa Odinsdottir ?), and pretend that New Avengers issue 32 events didn't happened and Thor still will be unworthy...

I just don't understand why Thor Odinson fans/readers that know that Thordis is not a Thor story far from that, continue to read Aaron's current pr crappy writing...

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And back to issue one no less. Guess they realized they need to boost her sales numbers. The worst part of this for me is that I think this story could have been good but all the insults to the fans and the execution ruined it.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess if that is the case I can skip the next Thor movie and just watch Batman vs Superman I hear it will be good and I will serve popcorn and have beer as well.

Hmmmm maybe even invite friends.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been pretty clear that 8 issue run wouldn't be the end of the Thordis arc, unfortunately...

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They should make every issue they sell #1. No exceptions. First issue every time! Sales will soar!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am far more concerned about what Thor Odinson is doing. We haven't seen him since he fought the Beyonders. They need to tell us what is up with him. I don't know if I am buying The Mighty Thor. If it has Thor Odinson in it then I will, but otherwise I'm probably not. This is a Jane Foster story at this point.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I am far more concerned about what Thor Odinson is doing. We haven't seen him since he fought the Beyonders. They need to tell us what is up with him. I don't know if I am buying The Mighty Thor. If it has Thor Odinson in it then I will, but otherwise I'm probably not. This is a Jane Foster story at this point.

Obviously that i respect your opinion, but i sincerely don't get the mentality, after what Aaron wrote in that 8 Pr issues, you still think Thor isn't better dead than constantly sacrificed to support a story that has absolutely nothing to do with Asgard/Gods? Do you actually believe that the whisper had other purpose than force the announced changes? Jonathan Hickman already made Thor worthy again, if Aaron ignore that plot and fans continue to read his writing on Thor just because the son of Odin is portrayed in the new book, there is no point in appreciate a good Thor story, because fans will read everything where their favorite characters are portrayed, the worse part is that marvel current editorial knows and explores this fans mentality and keeps the bullying on the character and his fan base to pander the new readers, because apparently doesn't matter where the story/plot goes some old readers will never stop reading the title.

If Thor is or isn't in the new number #1 should be irrelevant to every fan of Asgard's favorite son, Thordis story ends fast if Thor fans ignore it, Jane/Thordis isn't Odin's daughter, Loki or Angela sister, so besides her current disease her stories in Asgard can't go anywhere else...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:

They should make every issue they sell #1. No exceptions. First issue every time! Sales will soar!

yeah just saturate the market with number 1 issue after issue that will teach fans to open the mind and not the wallet.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@makhai said:

yeah just saturate the market with number 1 issue after issue that will teach fans to open the mind and not the wallet.

They are pretty much already doing it and comic collectors eat it up.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah it is sad really. When story line sucks because somebody just wants a number 1 for the collection.

I miss the old Thor and the great stories I mean Thor is what got me into reading comics. Of all the heroes Thor was the one after somebody gifted me with his old Thor comics.

As I passed them onto another and so on along with a few thousand dollars worth of comics. I mean it was never about making money for me but about enjoying the story the read itself the journey and the writer and his or her story.

When they destroy the comics soon after the movies will suck to because when you forget the basics the rest soon tumbles down with it.

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is time to stop watching for Thor to come back and simply ignore it at this point. :/ The franchise is pretty much DOA at this point.

rocketman1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adderworks: Agreed. More than that--I've stopped buying any marvel properties. And i was always a marvel zombie---at this point now I'm thinking I might even give the movies a pass in the theater.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what I dont get? Why not just call her Thunderstrike? I think that would be something everyone would agree on

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what I dont get? Why not just call her Thunderstrike? I think that would be something everyone would agree on

No Caption Provided

Thordis fits better...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @cgoodness said:

No Caption Provided

Thordis fits better...

Egh i guess

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By antithetical

I would not be opposed to this, and as I understand it there hasn't been anyone calling themselves "Thunderstrike" for some time now, correct? Though wasn't that hammer destroyed?

adderworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketman1969: Indeed, I will avoid the movie universe if they make Thor into a woman on the big screen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.