Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Is Thor Odinson really destroyed???

• 73 results
    GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GoodBoy6

do you guys think that Thor Odinson was heavily damaged since Jason Aaron decided to make female Thor????I mean he lost his hammer and his arm.what do you guys think???

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What do you mean by damaged, physically or mentally or like the character?

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you mean by damaged, physically or mentally or like the character?

in any way:physically,mentally and like a character.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No. He's only collecting dust.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Well physically he did lose his actual arm so I guess it's not as good as having a real arm I don't think not having the hammer damaged him physically but it probably has mentally seeing someone else running around with his hammer. And as a character yes it has he is not the main character in his own comic anymore and someone has taken his name and Aaron is acting like she better with Mjolnir than him and the whole thing since he became unworthy has just been disrespecting his character. So as a character I'd say he is damaged but can be repaired easily if they show him some respect instead of having him as a side character and having him actually do something. He may have a bigger role in Secret Wars after he was in the Thors comic but I don't know.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GoodBoy6

@thorthunder98 said:

@goodboy6: Well physically he did lose his actual arm so I guess it's not as good as having a real arm I don't think not having the hammer damaged him physically but it probably has mentally seeing someone else running around with his hammer. And as a character yes it has he is not the main character in his own comic anymore and someone has taken his name and Aaron is acting like she better with Mjolnir than him and the whole thing since he became unworthy has just been disrespecting his character. So as a character I'd say he is damaged but can be repaired easily if they show him some respect instead of having him as a side character and having him actually do something. He may have a bigger role in Secret Wars after he was in the Thors comic but I don't know.

yeah you are right.for me I can swallow that he is unworthy,but losing an arm is to much.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Yea it's not just that he's unworthy and someone else has the hammer it's just how they've handled the whole thing they haven't even told us what made him unworthy and they are starting to make Mjolnir sentient which is just stupid. Ever since he became unworthy it's just been downhill for him, with the exception of when he and Hyperion fought the Beyonders in New Avengers that was the only truly good writing for Thor since and obviously it wasn't from Jason Aaron.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Yea it's not just that he's unworthy and someone else has the hammer it's just how they've handled the whole thing they haven't even told us what made him unworthy and they are starting to make Mjolnir sentient which is just stupid. Ever since he became unworthy it's just been downhill for him, with the exception of when he and Hyperion fought the Beyonders in New Avengers that was the only truly good writing for Thor since and obviously it wasn't from Jason Aaron.

yeah they could at least say what made him unworthy.I doubt we will ever find out.Aaoron is a fuckman.he must find another job.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I say with Jason Aaron writing Thor character wise his been disrespected lot I mean having his arm cut off, losing the Mjolnir to jane who apparently better using Mjolnir then Thor who had far longer than her. To Thor giving up his own Birth name because no longer wield the Mjolnir to him passing along his own birth name like mantle title that anybody can have so long wield Mjolnir to way he dress now like some hobo I mean no longer main character in his own comic his now just supporter character shows up just to say good how She-Thor is or help her, not mention how badly writing Odin I can see Aaron writing Freyja beating Odin(skyfather) taking the odin-force and renaming it the Freyja-force reeks nothing more then pander SJW warriors.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

He's had both his arms taken off, not just the one malakith lopped off

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Thor has some magic to restore his arms??

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's had both his arms taken off, not just the one malakith lopped off

It was the same arm in (New Avengers issue #32) and the battle with the Beyonders... Why would you say both?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online
    Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Asgaard

@thedailybagel said:

@asgaard: was it? My bad,

Yes... Look at the pic above (Thor Forums) and this scan... That Beyonder ripped off the black uru arm...

No Caption Provided

Before anyone asks, the look of the remaining arm is due to the unworthy hammer armor... (not metal)

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Overmonitor

Well, if everyone wants to know.

Old King Thor from Aaron's run is the future incarnation of Thor. He has Mjolnir (meaning he is worthy again), the Odinsword, access to the Necro Sword, and the Thor Force (Odin Force) and the Destroyer armor's arm as his arm. He is the single most badass character in Marvel IMO and he solo'ed Galactus with all that gear.

Aaron has not destroyed the character. Sometimes you have to hit a low point to reach a high point. This is all leading back to him becoming worthy and eventually becoming the All-Father. Just be patient guys. I'm sure someone else has said this.

I read the God of Thunder series by Aaron and WTF it will make you a believer.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By arthurkerr

@overmonitor said:

Old King Thor from Aaron's run is the future incarnation of Thor. He has Mjolnir (meaning he is worthy again), the Odinsword, access to the Necro Sword, and the Thor Force (Odin Force) and the Destroyer armor's arm as his arm. He is the single most badass character in Marvel IMO and he solo'ed Galactus with all that gear.

Aaron has not destroyed the character. Sometimes you have to hit a low point to reach a high point. This is all leading back to him becoming worthy and eventually becoming the All-Father. Just be patient guys. I'm sure someone else has said this.

I prefer Odin to be all father. Thor with his own arm and back to being a hero again.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor said:

I prefer Odin to be all father. Thor with his own arm and back to being a hero again.

I agree with you.I prefer Odin to be All-Father,heck even Freya the All.Mother then Thor.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spambot

@overmonitor: I don't think we'll see him in the OKT incarnation in a regular series again. As a Thor fan all I could hope for is maybe him being the cosmic solar god cop that was alluded to by OKT if Aaron stays on the book. I would just like to see everything move forward at this point. If you are going to do everything you've done to Thor Odinson then at least make it pay off in the long run. Having him just magically return to his old self wouldn't be good enough at this point. I am not going to just pretend like none of the bs that's happened in the last 18 months didn't happen. Its up to Marvel to actually use some imagination and give due respect to the character who has been the closest thing to Marvel's Superman for 5 decades. Even Superman has been depowered so I am ok with him losing the hammer or even an arm but show there was a reason for it beyond making Jane into Thordis. She is a nothing character no matter how much they try and build her up. Thor(Odinson) is one of the 10 biggest characters in all of comics.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was "over discussed" here in Thor forums.. But Wow... There still people that think Aaron has plans for Thor or Asgard stories, It was just a PR STUNT has nothing to do with build something, Aaron or Marvel don't even know what the whisper content was, who knows Thor and Asgard knows that this world needs new creative teams in all the Asgardian books...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Thor-Parker

I hate Aaron

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Aaron

I believe that 99,99% of people hates him.Im proud that I am also part of that group.

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By phantomjolt

Were gonna have a long break till the real thor comes back. At least he isnt the only one marvel is throwing under the bus.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomjolt: Yea true he isn't the only one, but he is the furthest under the bus it seems.

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys i was wondering since we all pretty much dislike aaron should we start a church just to bash him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he lost his arm to one of his weakest villains, lost his hammer, the enchantment on Mjolnir is corrupted, he dresses like a hobo, apparently now he can only be called Thor when he is worthy of Mjolnir, and instead of continuing his fight to save earth he sits at bars and drinks all day.

Yes, I would say he's been damaged. Courtesy of Jason Aaron. I want Thor to be worthy again and to have both of his arms.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Well he lost his arm to one of his weakest villains, lost his hammer, the enchantment on Mjolnir is corrupted, he dresses like a hobo, apparently now he can only be called Thor when he is worthy of Mjolnir, and instead of continuing his fight to save earth he sits at bars and drinks all day.

Yes, I would say he's been damaged. Courtesy of Jason Aaron. I want Thor to be worthy again and to have both of his arms.

unfortunately that wont happen.I still cannot believe what happened to him.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@overmonitor: I don't think we'll see him in the OKT incarnation in a regular series again. As a Thor fan all I could hope for is maybe him being the cosmic solar god cop that was alluded to by OKT if Aaron stays on the book. I would just like to see everything move forward at this point. If you are going to do everything you've done to Thor Odinson then at least make it pay off in the long run. Having him just magically return to his old self wouldn't be good enough at this point. I am not going to just pretend like none of the bs that's happened in the last 18 months didn't happen. Its up to Marvel to actually use some imagination and give due respect to the character who has been the closest thing to Marvel's Superman for 5 decades. Even Superman has been depowered so I am ok with him losing the hammer or even an arm but show there was a reason for it beyond making Jane into Thordis. She is a nothing character no matter how much they try and build her up. Thor(Odinson) is one of the 10 biggest characters in all of comics.

I'm in agreement with nearly all you've said, except the "god cop" idea, after "Thors" it comes off as retreading the same ground, even if it necessarily isn't. But yeah, all that's been done to tear Thor down should serve a purpose of devekoping his character, but Marvel and Aaron seems to have effectively kicked him to the curb to build up the Thordis facade.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: I would only want the cosmic god cop(although its already being explored to some degree in sw/thor corps) if that's where all of this has been leading all along. Into Thor doing something new which takes his powers to a new level. If there's nothing there other than Aaron pulling more shit out of his *** then I'd rather he not or just quit writing Thor altogether.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Well considering the Thordis story is picking up where it left off after SW is over I doubt Aaron will continue the god cop theme with Thor, and if it were picked up on later that's when a lot of people would likely see it as a rehash and Marvel recycling ideas.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
    @thor_parker82 said:

I hate Aaron

I believe that 99,99% of people hates him.Im proud that I am also part of that group.

except you refuse to accept that pantheon gods are aliens, even in marvel 616 ;) Every true Thor fan hates Jason Aaron, I like to believe one day one of us will find out where he lives and goes to chop his arm off to see how he likes it, but theres no justice in this world so we can only dream of something that glorious occurring.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: Every true thor fan hates aaron? Don't speak for me you goddamn radical terrorist. Calling for assault on a writer for some injustice on a fictional character? You're sick.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: Gods are not aliens, they´re gods.

they are Gods.dont listen to him.he found some shit on wiki and now he brought that bullshit here.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: Every true thor fan hates aaron? Don't speak for me you goddamn radical terrorist. Calling for assault on a writer for some injustice on a fictional character? You're sick.

I am not calling for anything, but karma is a female dog you know. Aaron likes to maim peoples heroes then insult and mock them on panel for disagreeing with his stunts, perhaps he deserves a taste of his own medicine, whats good for the goose and all. And I said every TRUE thor fan, you are obviously not among us. I could care less if you don't agree, Aaron would deserve it, and I said I would like to believe it could happen, its not a threat, nor inciting violence, I chose my words carefully.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By arthurkerr

@killraven4334 said:
    @thegodofthunder said:

I am not calling for anything, but karma is a female dog you know. Aaron likes to maim peoples heroes then insult and mock them on panel for disagreeing with his stunts, perhaps he deserves a taste of his own medicine, whats good for the goose and all. And I said every TRUE thor fan, you are obviously not among us. I could care less if you don't agree, Aaron would deserve it, and I said I would like to believe it could happen, its not a threat, nor inciting violence, I chose my words carefully.

I have to be honest I do not give Jason himself much thought , hate is to strong a word for a writer. You cannot please everybody.....

That said the Thor comic should be about Thor not Jane. Want to do a Jane comic sell it as Jane and her coming out saga.

I want to read about son of Odin and his adventures in the 9 realms and how he keeps the peace through the years dealing with both a warlord of a father and mother because lets face it. Norse women did not pamper anybody.

I like the Anti hero Loki and guess what many others did as well his character lasted for a very long time.

Not the villain just not the hero that will shine in the dark is all.

Writers come and writers go they make great stories they make horrible tales but through it all a fan will judge the story not the writer.

Like Thor wait out the storm with hope maybe the writer is not making Thor into toss away character that nobody cares for because he is one of many.

Spiderman , Thor , Captain America and Ironman should never be about mask or should I say any good hero is not a mask for anybody can cookie cut a hero.

Maybe anybody can be War Machine because he is just a man in a armor suit but story line made Spiderman whom he is with hard ships and the mind to pull him out of the dark complete with a uncle Ben to say..With great power comes many battery powered devices......ooops , you know the deal.

Change the story not the hero , change the hero and you do not make a Thor story you sold me another product but you put the wrong label on it and nobody likes to be conned into buying junk.

Back to the basics people.

Creativity flows when you give and you take.

You sell what you say your selling not putting a false name on a package.

As for the arm...

I remember the hero from DC when they took his arm and gave him a hook.

Wow that was awful stuff....

I wonder if Jason was paying attention to that...?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334 said:
    @thegodofthunder said:

I have to be honest I do not give Jason himself much thought , hate is to strong a word for a writer. You cannot please everybody.....

That said the Thor comic should be about Thor not Jane. Want to do a Jane comic sell it as Jane and her coming out saga.

I want to read about son of Odin and his adventures in the 9 realms and how he keeps the peace through the years dealing with both a warlord of a father and mother because lets face it. Norse women did not pamper anybody.

I like the Anti hero Loki and guess what many others did as well his character lasted for a very long time.

Not the villain just not the hero that will shine in the dark is all.

Writers come and writers go they make great stories they make horrible tales but through it all a fan will judge the story not the writer.

Like Thor wait out the storm with hope maybe the writer is not making Thor into toss away character that nobody cares for because he is one of many.

Spiderman , Thor , Captain America and Ironman should never be about mask or should I say any good hero is not a mask for anybody can cookie cut a hero.

Maybe anybody can be War Machine because he is just a man in a armor suit but story line made Spiderman whom he is with hard ships and the mind to pull him out of the dark complete with a uncle Ben to say..With great power comes many battery powered devices......ooops , you know the deal.

Change the story not the hero , change the hero and you do not make a Thor story you sold me another product but you put the wrong label on it and nobody likes to be conned into buying junk.

Back to the basics people.

Creativity flows when you give and you take.

You sell what you say your selling not putting a false name on a package.

As for the arm...

I remember the hero from DC when they took his arm and gave him a hook.

Wow that was awful stuff....

I wonder if Jason was paying attention to that...?

Exactly what @arthurkerr said 100% accurate want to write a story about Jane give her her own comic Thor is a character that has been around for years it's not a title and you can't expect Thor fans to continue reading a book just because it has his name on it because it is a completely different character using the character they love's title it's just plain stupid.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If Thor is indeed still dead by the time Aaron's book hits in November, then that's probably for the best. I'd rather him be dead than to let Aaron continue to maul his character just to make Jane Fraudster look good. I'm just sorry that Beta Ray Bill and Hercules are getting dragged into this mess. Especially Bill after Aaron one-shotted him at the beginning of Thors. Nothing like adding insult to injury, eh Aaron.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys i was wondering since we all pretty much dislike aaron should we start a church just to bash him.

lmao

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh yeah an thors hammers are given out freely in secret wars being thor means absolutely nothing and this new girl is stupid

she sucks and they just were trying to attract more women to the title

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It more than just Aaron that decided that, Marvel destroyed a lot with their PR stunts.

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By modsbehating

@antithetical: noticed they handing hammers out like condoms during sex ed

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all. Thor female we have seen others characters takes the hammer and the place of Thor or have u guys forgotted of Erickson? this is just the same case. And Thor's strength is not weakened as he can still stalesmate other people with the enchantement of the hammer and own guys like apocalipse who knocked down a empowered Hulk

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Thor before this all happened but i like the changes. I didnt know he lost his metal arm to and hope he gets it back but i think it would be cool if he would be given a more powerful weapon by Odin just to spite his wife.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

I liked Thor before this all happened but i like the changes. I didnt know he lost his metal arm to and hope he gets it back but i think it would be cool if he would be given a more powerful weapon by Odin just to spite his wife.

you know that is always a idea and a salution at best a band aid. Mjolnir is more a close friend to Thor as she is a weapon. Like he said himself not many things mean more to him then Mjolnir does.

Almost as if you were to say he lost both arms the day he lost Mjolnir.

Sure he has god powers and speeds and the powers to change peoples destiny at a whim but is it enough if he does not have a weapon he has carried for more years then people have walked the world.

I know Thor is more then a weapon more then a time frame and more then just one aspect.

But I do not feel this is the intent of the writer.

You can see this because all characters are under attack.

More or less it looks like they are trying to destroy marvel as a company.

If that is the case they are doing a good job.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: i know it could our would still be considered a band-aid but i could see them coming up with a story line of some weapon created by an ancient race (closer to or before the Titans of old) that was lost or stuck or both and Thor gets it out giving him a new weapon he earns and is better with. I always liked him with his ax personally. I wouldnt mind him taking on the odinsword as his new permanent weapon. I think it would be best if he had a weapon with an ax on one side and a hammer on the other similar to the Ultimate universes version

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By arthurkerr

@degraaf said:

@arthurkerr: i know it could our would still be considered a band-aid but i could see them coming up with a story line of some weapon created by an ancient race (closer to or before the Titans of old) that was lost or stuck or both and Thor gets it out giving him a new weapon he earns and is better with. I always liked him with his ax personally. I wouldnt mind him taking on the odinsword as his new permanent weapon. I think it would be best if he had a weapon with an ax on one side and a hammer on the other similar to the Ultimate universes version

I always liked the idea he would have many weapons like Odin has many weapons. The morning bow, The spear , and a sword. He knows how to use them why not have them. Plus he is pretty good at hand to hand combat as well. The only problem with a cutting weapon as you see with Wolverine is somebody is going to die not really meant to just knock people around.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, like Steve Rogers, is being put on the shelf (relatively speaking) for a while. He'll be back sooner or later and it's a good bet whoever succeeds Aaron as the Thor scribe may even can the whole "Destroyer Arm" wannabe-Cable look.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, like Steve Rogers, is being put on the shelf (relatively speaking) for a while. He'll be back sooner or later and it's a good bet whoever succeeds Aaron as the Thor scribe may even can the whole "Destroyer Arm" wannabe-Cable look.

I hope so.I mean I can swallow somehow that he lost his hammer,but his arm???that was too much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.