Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Is Thor A More Powerful God Than Odin?

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By novi_homines

After reading the most recent issue of Thor, a thought arose, is thor now considered a more powerful god during his reign than odin ever was? And if so, does that make him the most powerful god in all of norse mythology? I say this because in this series, present thor meets up with future King Thor. King Thor mentions feeling the Thor-Force flowing through him. Thor calls it the odin force, but King Thor lets him know that it is now called the "Thor-Force", ruling far longer than odin and has wielded it far longer than Odin ever did.

No Caption Provided

Is it safe to say now the "Odin-Force" is now called the "Thor-Force"? And since Thor has had this power far longer than Odin, doesn't that make him a better, more experienced user of this power? If so, I believe that looking at the two kings in their entire reign, Thor seems to be the more powerful one. Do you all agree? Please, feel free to discuss

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Odin has a mightier beard.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Odin is the All Father after all.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By novi_homines

@dark_guyver said:

No, Odin is the All Father after all.

By all father I assume you mean with the power that it comes with. I'm stating that If King Thor were to fight King Odin, King Thor would come out victorious. Presently, the "thor-force" (=P) power that odin wields is simply too much for thor to handle.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Rune King Thor (Jurgens run) tops them all. As of right now, Odin is the All-Father and enjoys Skyfather status. Behind him, Thor is far and away the most powerful of the Asgardians.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

After rIs it safe to say now the "Odin-Force" is now called the "Thor-Force"? And since Thor has had this power far longer than Odin, doesn't that make him a better, more experienced user of this power? If so, I believe that looking at the two kings in their entire reign, Thor seems to be the more powerful one. Do you all agree? Please, feel free to discuss

Hard to tell. After wielding a power source for so long the learning curve on it eventually maxes out. It also depends on how many situations one throws into. If a guy spends all his time fighting the same foes for ten thousand years he never learns how to fight other ones. A person who fights many different foes may be better at using a power because they have to figure how different ways to use it despite using it for a shorter time. Odin wielded it for so long and for so many different purposes it is hard to compare.

As for this, I think the only thing we can say is Thor probable has access to more raw power than Odin. If the powers stack than you have the Odinforce + Thor's innate power. So Thor would be more powerful in that sense.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

my grandfather is more powerful.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is suppose to be more powerful than Odin in the future. Odin said this himself. He is the son of Odin, and Gaea after all.

Comicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I think Odin since he wields like the most omnipotent force in the universe The Odin-Force capable of doing pretty much anything.And if you watched the Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes Loki wielding the Odin-Force defeated the whole avengers including Thor with no effort so even though the description of Thor in Marvel Database,Thor crushed planets,endured the sun and all that you think he's the strongest.Yes in the physicall sense but after all anyone with the Odin-Force can to anything so they can ensure their everlasting victory against anyone.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i think it all depends on the different stories and circumstances. Realistically based on Norse mythology THOR is suppose to be more powerful. However, I think Odin is a lot more powerful and wiser from what I've seen.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: well Thor was almost equal in strength with Hercules right ? & Hercules is the strongest of all Olympians including Zeus (before he augments his strength with magic) & Zeus & Odin are like equals right ? So wouldn't thor be stronger than Odin ?

BracketBring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BracketBring

I think King Thor would be stronger than All-Father Odin, but honestly I like regular Thor better. He has just enough powers and strength to reign supreme above other heroes, but it is not like he has enough power to take down all of them at once. Oh yeah @uugieboogie Thor is not as strong as Hercules but he has way more abilities, making him more powerful.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically yes. I think that he has magic potential more than Odin because of his elder-god lineage.

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SkyRobo1

Thor is more powerful than Odin. Aesir + Elder God blood allows Thor to go any dimensions for a lengthy period without their powers weakening unlike all the other pantheon gods which they have to stay within their realms if they want to fight at full power at all times..Odin has also raised Thor to exceed him in both wisdom and strength for him to face against the Shadow gods that control Ragnarok..

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17 frozen  Moderator

Thor is suppose to be more powerful than Odin in the future. Odin said this himself. He is the son of Odin, and Gaea after all.

Old King Thor/Necro Thor seems a lot more powerful.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, that doesn't mean he is more powerful. He just lived more.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before Odin's brothers died Thor would be much stronger than odin. When thor inherits the odin force hell be much stronger than odin

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20 frozen  Moderator

@erkan12 said:

Nah, that doesn't mean he is more powerful. He just lived more.

Necro Thor easily beat a well-fed Galactus. Old King Thor without the Necro Sword entity, before getting KO'd hit a well-fed Galactus so hard that Galactus vomitted. Odin has attempted to fight Galactus and he just does not compare.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Old King Thor is the successor to his father and has had the power of the Thor/Odin force under his control for thousands of years in the same way Odin took over from Bor (after he deposed his brother Serpent/Cul). He is not better or worse, in his time he is the All Father. Remember in the current Marvel timeline Odin has been the All Father for several thousands of years and has incredible powers at his control. Recently he sealed Asgard off from the 9 realms after fear itself and has hardly been sen since. Also remember that Odin rarely does anything without a reason and as the big shakeup in Thor approaches I suspect we will see Odin's hand in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. King Thor is though.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin would have been alive far longer then 10 thousand years. Way longer so would have far greater ability over the force. But in the end the writer has the final say. I always love the fact that Odin would leave and walk among the other realms and dimensions. One day they should explore that and see what they can make of it.

So much they have not done. Like having another Odin visit the marvel universe. I mean it would stand to reason that this would happen.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if the Skyfather-status is removed from both of them, I think Thor is more powerful because he is the offspring of a Skyfather and the Elder Goddess of all of Earth's pantheons (Gaea). It's why he is much, much stronger and more durable than all other Asgardians. I think Odin purposely engineered it that way so that his successor would be more powerful than he. Because Odin is the All-Father, though, he's MUCH more powerful than Thor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.