Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

If He Be Worthy - God of Thunder Speculation

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Anyone else get the feeling this God-Bomb arc is going to be retconned into the event that made Thor originally worthy of lifting Mjolnir (or as I hope - duel wield two of them)? I fully expect a mind-wipe by All-Father Thor by the end of this story arc, but that shouldn't erase the deed itself.

Personally that would be a fairly welcomed retcon.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HaveAtThee

I highly doubt it. Thor being cast to Midgard and forced to lead the life of a mortal to learn humility and sacrifice is one of the staple origin stories of one of Marvel's biggest heroes. Besides, that visual of Young Thor trying to lift it but unable to was great along with his hot-headed reaction afterwards.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By isaac_clarke

I highly doubt it. Thor being cast to Midgard and forced to lead the life of a mortal to learn humility and sacrifice is one of the staple origin stories of one of Marvel's biggest heroes. Besides, that visual of Young Thor trying to lift it but unable to was great along with his hot-headed reaction afterwards.

Thor was able to lift Mjolnir long before he went to Midgard as Blake. I'm talking about what allowed him to do it to begin with.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotcha. It is how Thor was introduced however, and the seminal moment for the character.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

how DID thor initially lift mjolnir again?

The only iteration that comes to mind was in Thor: Son of Asgard.

Basically Sif is kidnapped by giants, Odin tells Thor to sit this one out, Thor sitting it out can't stop thinking about Sif and decides to give a 'I say thee nay!' as he grasps his hammer for the first time successfully to be the hero we all cherish.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.