Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How to deal with Thor imitation new book?

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How to deal with Thor imitation new book? (56 votes)

Not buy it until the status quo is back. 55%
    Buy it, because Thor is unworthy but still is there. 34%
    At the moment i can't take the definitive decision. 11%
     • 
    K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate this idea and how marvel put the publicity above the character past, the mantle profile doesn't fit Thor, but he is not dead, and even if the new book will most likely be centered in the new imitation of Thor, unworthy Thor still is there and will have his story, and Jason Aaron made a good run until now, although i very disappointment with Marvel i can't decide what to do next month.

RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait for the story.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mjolnirson

well is stupid but if you are a fan of Thor just buy it and wait until the thing are normal again, if they still doing shi... well then stop buying the Thor stuff

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I would wait to see how it is. Pick up issue no 1 and decide myself if it's worth picking the rest.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By K_Thor
    @claymore1998 said:

I would wait to see how it is. Pick up issue no 1 and decide myself if it's worth picking the rest.

Until now and after Original Sin events where Thor becomes unworthy (hope you read it) you think this marvel change it's only for the diversity publicity or there is a strong foundation on the plot of Thor God of Thunder to this story really work?

I only see this change in some way work with Frigg coming from the future and say that her will call herself Thor in honor of her Grandfather, can you at the moment imagine a different plot where other female character could call herself Thor, because in this case for more arguments in favor of the Thor mantle, it's lost time it's a birth name!!!

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@k_thor: I don't know. I am trying to say I have faith in Jason Aaron but I have big doubts. Though just going to pick issue 1 in respect of Thor. I am a huge fan

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well is stupid but if you are a fan of Thor just buy it and wait until the thing are normal again, if they still doing shi... well then stop buying the Thor stuff

Okk...don't you think that marvel made some decisions for the good of the publicity that are disrespectful to the character past in comics, i haven't heard any reasonable argument that could convince me that Thor is a mantle and the Original Sin plot was irrelevant to Odinson, however it was there that he become unworthy by the hands of one character that is also irrelevant to Thor (Nick Fury).

I m Thor big fan not marvel, after this moves sometimes i think they deserve that Thor long time fans didn't buy any issue until the status quo is back, to see how after the first issues they survive without Thor real fans.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rkt said:

Wait for the story.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Just don't buy it and ignore its existence. I ranted and raged over the horrors of Superior Spider-Man, even got into a few arguments with Mr Slott himself. Whilst my views and passionate hatred for that story haven't changed, I did learn not to do that again with anything else I hate. I just ignore Cyclops and The X-Men franchise and I hate that more than I do SpOck. So I'll do the same with Female Thor. Just ignore any news, reviews and spoilers until the real and original Thor gets given Mjolnir back once Marvel realise what a cop out publicity stunt this is. The good times will come back eventually, the patient Thor fans just need to wait till then.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Zarathos022

Kill it with fire, holy water, and shoot it with a silver bullet or two just to be safe.

In all seriousness though, I'm just not going waste my money on this epic screwjob of a comic. I might just check any other comic in which the real Thor makes an appearance. Maybe...

jazzbass1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have completely cancelled all of my Marvel subs until EVERYTHING is retconned to before Age of Ultron. I am a HUGE Thor fan and cancelled my Thor sub for the first time ever because of this garbage. I feel Aaron pulled a bait and switch on the fans by giving us great stories with Thor only to punk us with this stunt.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to use the money that I would of spent on Thor:GoT normally on other titles which have been good and deserve a shot on my pull list until this PR stunt is finished and Thor is given Mjolnir once again. I agree with some people on here, I'm not going to waste my money on a PR stunt which wasn't even well thought out or had any form of imagination/creativity - it's a blind move to promote equality and gender diversity which in my opinion they could've of done something else without angering or alienating current fans of a specific character. But then again lately Marvel hasn't shown any love for Thor other than using him as a punch bag for other characters to gain notable feats - only Jason Aaron was giving justice to Thor fans but Marvel has managed to ruin that one good thing for Thor fans.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Not buy it.

jazzbass1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is nice to see others posting that they will not be supporting/buying this Impos-Thor garbage. I posted these types of things on another forum and the Mod deleted them and put up pics of this bad idea to add insult to injury. It is like the Mod of this other forum trolls his own board. Glad to see Comic Vine has the grapes to let the fans say what they have to about this and to at least put a pic of "Current" Thor on the home page and not "push" Marvels EXTREMELY bad business move.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not buying it.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm buying it. Plus the variants.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'll give the first issue a go if it's a brand new character, which she seems to be.

I'm not a Thor reader, but it could be nice to read about someone new.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

See if the plot surrounding it is good and sound first, there's no point ranting about the change to the status quo until you actually know more about it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dear you should all step away from the key bored and stop complaining

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998 said:

you do not have to buy anything wait and see what those people say whom buy the issue and then decide for yourself but I would wait a few issues and see how the whole thing plays out. As you see Marvel does not play nice it reals you in and then changes your character and pays no attention to fans. So just wait and see what those whom buy the issue say and what the reviews say.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarathos022: just joined this site after years of reading comments. I COMPLETELY agree. Not a penny from me until THOR is back. And I'm dropping Avengers too. I can't stand seeing him with iron mans cyborg arm attached to him looking like a hobo. Being pulled around like luggage by Hyperion too, I bet. So yeah only picking up all-new x-men. From pulling about 30 Marvel books a month to just 1 because of this lone decision of theirs. Hope I'm interested enough to come back to THOR when he's back. I mean there are some fantastic back issues out there that'll easily give me my thor fix. Quite frankly better than anything marvel and aaron can ever do now. Sad I won't see the end to Hickmans storyline. I was really enjoying it. Oh well......

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Csdabest89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real talk with Thors Level of Arrogance. It amazes me that he was worthy in the first place. Even After weilding the hammer.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I didnt buy it, but i checked it out on TPB, not worth money at all. I'll keep supporting the Uncanny X-Men run, but I have dropped all titles regarding the changes to the line up with thor and falcon. My pull list is much smaller now, I hope the voices of the fans resonate.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cresShadow
    No Caption Provided

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By 2chimcha3

Buy it because it a great book written by a great writer and drawn by an amazing artist. Aaron said he planned this from the start and no one since Simonson has grasped Thor like he does. I think this will be a great story about what it means to be worthy, and people shouldn't be hating just because someone took the mantle for a bit.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just don't buy it.

EightBitComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EightBitComic

I liked the first Issue. I thought it was solid. Looking forward to the next one.

Milokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to the new Thor. Just bought the first issue, which is my first Asgard related, comic book purchase.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.