Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

How strong is thor now

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cmartin

According to the marvel power cards he is top ranked strengthwise in the 1000000ton club...

but i am struggling to find thor using his strength in the last 10 yrs....?

hes just like a really buff storm.... lightning and mjlonir... without his hammer he written to be weak .

can someone post any scans in the lats 15 yrs .. with thor doing anthing strong....????

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take Thor's face and plaster it onto a Superman feat and it'd make as much sense.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Did you just say that he's a really buff Storm...?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One word Surtur

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evilvegeta74

@cmartin said:

According to the marvel power cards he is top ranked strengthwise in the 1000000ton club...

hes just like a really buff storm.... lightning and mjlonir... without his hammer he written to be weak .

can someone post any scans in the lats 15 yrs .. with thor doing anthing strong....????

You seem to be lacking in Thor etiquette, I suggest you go check some of the Thor Forums.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By THORSON

@evilvegeta74:

he's one of the most conservative THOR ranters i have ever seen.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

@evilvegeta74:

he's one of the most conservative THOR ranters i have ever seen.

Really, my first time running across him, perhaps we should give him a few links, with Thor feats!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmartin said:

Loading Video...

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/4005-2268/forums/best-scansfeats-of-current-thor-593127/#251, http://www.comicvine.com/thor/4005-2268/forums/current-thor-respect-thread-1480280/#42, http://www.comicvine.com/thor/4005-2268/forums/respect-thor-658257/#147 and a video for you Thor vs Grey and Green Hulk same time and they tried to keep Mjolnir from him enjoy!

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you not read Thor: God of Thunder issue 9? He was hitting Gorr so hard that the nearby small planet began to collapse, so he sped over quickly and prevented its destruction with his bare hands, giving us one of the more endearing moments of that epic arc; when the planet's citizens were cheering in sheer joy and gratitude with Thor heroically heading back into battle.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am quite familiar with classic thor's feats.. of strength...

what has current thor without mjolnir.... that is strong feats of strength anything hand to hand thats what im asking

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74:

he is more concerned with present THOR. he loves THOR but he takes pride in talking how bad THOR of present day is very crappy and weak.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthnowell:

@cmartin: Why are you so obsessed with hand to hand combat? Why would he chose to not use a weapon? A strength feat is a strength feat with mjolnir or not, it doesn't add any strength.

Anyway he broke free of Gorr`s chains that had previously held hundreds (possibly) of other gods, some even as large as mountains. He also easily threw the core of a star (i think that was what it was) at the godbomb. And he hit Gorr pretty hard with his axe (it looked like it created a black hole or something, but that might just be the art being weird).

non-THOR fans and THOR haters complain about THOR only being able to fight with his hammer and not with his bare hands. its like their number 1 excuse to put down THOR.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#

@thorson said:

@evilvegeta74:

he is more concerned with present THOR. he loves THOR but he takes pride in talking how bad THOR of present day is very crappy and weak.

Perhaps like many he is basing views of "current Thor" on Thor's strength showings in the 3 films he has appeared in, which I think most Thor fans would agree aren't a patch on what he achieved in TGOT #9 which was an epic issue. I don't want to give too much away to those who haven't seen Thor TDW, but he does take some serious punishment !!

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cmartin

@thorson said:

@darthnowell:

@darthnowell said:

@cmartin: Why are you so obsessed with hand to hand combat? Why would he chose to not use a weapon? A strength feat is a strength feat with mjolnir or not, it doesn't add any strength.

Anyway he broke free of Gorr`s chains that had previously held hundreds (possibly) of other gods, some even as large as mountains. He also easily threw the core of a star (i think that was what it was) at the godbomb. And he hit Gorr pretty hard with his axe (it looked like it created a black hole or something, but that might just be the art being weird).

non-THOR fans and THOR haters complain about THOR only being able to fight with his hammer and not with his bare hands. its like their number 1 excuse to put down THOR.

If i wasnt a thor fan i wouldnt be on this page...... Im a thor fan NOT a thor FANBOY.... thor strength has been non existent ... he is the strongest of the norse gods but his strength 90% of the time is nonexistent... once he loses the hammer he loses the fight...

eg the fight with rulk rulk took the hammer (dumb story) after that thor was like handicapped couldnt throw a punch nothing...... got knocked out.... 7 successive blows.... he could do nothing... why ?/ he is ne of marvels strongest characters its embarrassing to see ..

Danvidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since you seem to want Thor to do hand to hand, these pages from the preview for Thor God of Thunder 15 would seem to oblige you.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By phisigmatau

@cmartin cracks me up. all he does is complain about Thor power levels and its just hilarious i mean just go to his member page and lol ur butt off...

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's as strong as the writer wants him to be, in the Godbutcher and godbomb story arks he;s back to classic planetary levels.

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BUFF Storm wow! really wrote That, OK. Did you know Thor defeated Storm by Kissing her & pulling the air out of her lungs in Contest of Champions , He didn't wish to harm her. Now back on topic

He's really strong ,Holds planet Together w/ bare hands & uses lightning & earth control to repair it, All Three Thor's during God Butcher story arch Battled inside the Super Heavy Gravity of a Sun(not the first time Thor's done This) Thor did match strength against BOR his Grandfather after Bor caught Mjolnir ,Thor caught Bor's Ax while it was swing downward at Thor's head stopping it ! An amazing feat of reflexes & strength vs. a Skyfather level opponent. During that battle Thor did swing Mjolnir hard enough to Break it upon Bor Killing Bor I know he used the Hammer but this is still a demonstration of strength. In That same Battle Thor crushed Iron Patriots repulsor Gauntlet Then threw Him Through several Building, very effortlessly like pitching aside a child. On mars Thor head butted Silver Surfer sending Surfer tumbling away, Denting the Surfers nearly Indestructible Metallic shell. These are all recent feats not even Ten years old . & anything to do w/the Red Hulk story was just terrible writing to push that character, Sure they had Thor go back & pound him in the Scorched Earth story arch ,But still both stories , were terrible stories

Now the argument about Thor & Mjolnir , Of course Thor uses its Powers Its an Greatest Asset , He still has Powers without it But they are amplified By it & he gains other Powers He normally doesn't posses . Just like Captain America & his Shield, Batman & the utility belt, They wouldn't just toss them aside even though they are Both very capable w/ out their gadgets . What's the Green lantern Corp w/ out Rings, Hawkman & Hawkgirl & their nth metal weapons. saying Thor w/out The Hammer is weak is just silly or maybe some Hammer envy out there

No Caption Provided

Hoenhime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hoenhime

@danvidar:

@danvidar said:

Since you seem to want Thor to do hand to hand, these pages from the preview for Thor God of Thunder 15 would seem to oblige you.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I feel really bad for the dark elf who got surrounded by the elfs XD poor guy. Looked like he was pregnant after they were done with him

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the most i've seen THOR lift was the island in EMH. and he wasn't even lifting it.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

IDK.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KingOfKings1

Slowdinson is one of the weakest

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weak enough to be restrained by a single frost giant while his arm is chopped off by Malekith. According to Jason Aaron anyway

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

His days of glory have gone.

He is only a shadow of what he used to be

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most powerful characters these days have been nerfed. They're not what they used to be up until around 2004.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slowdinson is one of the weakest

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.