How did Thor lose his time travel power?

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#1 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

Explain......now.

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#2 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone care to answer?

Avatar image for z3ro180
#3 Posted by z3ro180 (8660 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: i belevie odin removed it but i cold be wrong.

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#4 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Okay.

Avatar image for omegared86
#5 Posted by OmegaRed86 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Kang/Immortus removed it. I just read the comic. Mjolnir was stolen and Thor had to find it. He found it in Immortus's dimension. He got it back after Immortus removed the enchantment. I could wrong,but I'm too lazy to check.

Avatar image for thegoldenone
#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38932 posts) - - Show Bio
@NerdsFTW: Did you seriously delete that post just to post the same thing all over again? -_-
Avatar image for nerdsftw
#7 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne:To bump it, yes.

I'll stop, then.

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#8 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86 said:

I think Kang/Immortus removed it. I just read the comic. Mjolnir was stolen and Thor had to find it. He found it in Immortus's dimension. He got it back after Immortus removed the enchantment. I could wrong,but I'm too lazy to check.

Which comic was that?

Avatar image for omegared86
#9 Edited by OmegaRed86 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@OmegaRed86 said:

I think Kang/Immortus removed it. I just read the comic. Mjolnir was stolen and Thor had to find it. He found it in Immortus's dimension. He got it back after Immortus removed the enchantment. I could wrong,but I'm too lazy to check.

Which comic was that?

Damnit! Now I have to get up and check.

The Might Thor issue 282. Came out in 1979.

Now that I glance at the comic, he may have just stolen Mjolnir to study the Time Traveling properties. I can't find the line were he removed the properties.

Later in the issues, there's a Feat that Thor must accomplish that will "deplete every vestige of his hammer's Time-Energies". So I may be right.

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#10 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86: So Classic Thor?

Avatar image for omegared86
#11 Posted by OmegaRed86 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@OmegaRed86: So Classic Thor?

Yup

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#12 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86: Thanks for the help.

Avatar image for powerherc
#13 Posted by PowerHerc (86171 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: I'm pretty sure Odin removed the power to travel through time from Mjolnir a long time ago (the '70s) but I can't remember the specific issue.

Avatar image for omegared86
#14 Posted by OmegaRed86 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@NerdsFTW: I'm pretty sure Odin removed the power to travel through time from Mjolnir a long time ago (the '70s) but I can't remember the specific issue.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Thor_Vol_1_282

This is the comic!

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#15 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86: Thanks again.

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#16 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: I like your avatar.

Avatar image for twentyfive
#17 Posted by Twentyfive (3057 posts) - - Show Bio

He lost it by it being a stupid power in the first place.

Avatar image for omegared86
#18 Posted by OmegaRed86 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

He lost it by it being a stupid power in the first place.

Its not as dumb as Batman's Prep time or Wolverine's every evolving healing factor.

Avatar image for twentyfive
#19 Posted by Twentyfive (3057 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86: Agreed. OMG, agreed.

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#20 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86 said:

@Twentyfive said:

He lost it by it being a stupid power in the first place.

Its not as dumb as Batman's Prep time or Wolverine's every evolving healing factor.

LMAO.

Avatar image for nerdsftw
#21 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86: I learned it was removed by Immortus.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.