Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Donald Blake's soul is in Mjolnir...

undeadtribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

and She-Thor is Jane Foster.

This is about the only thing that makes any sense whatsoever. Some time ago Dr. Strange helped Thor reform Mjolnir after it had been broken. He mentioned something about binding Thor to it or using part of his life-force - I don't have the issue in front of me. That life-force/soul was the Donald Blake part of Thor. It would explain its personality, why Jane Foster is "worthy", and why even Odin can't control it now. Donald Blake, through years/decades of transformations with it, is far more intrinsically a part of Mjolnir than even Odin's original spells. The secret Nick Fury must have whispered to Thor would then have been something along the lines of "You've been enslaving Donald Blake" - something that he wouldn't have been unworthy until he knew it.

Hope this isn't a double post - meant it for the Thor forum and it seems to have gone to Gen Discussion.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Asgaard

That Dr. Strange repairs on Mjolnir were made in Thor issue #602 written J. Michael Straczynski, the hammer was fixed with Thor life force, Strange never mentioned Blake, and the scans bellow show that...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

First Problem with your theory, others were worthy after Dr. Strange actions on Mjolnir, like Steve Rodgers in Fear Itself, in that same event Odin also still had total control of Mjolnir.

No Caption Provided

Second problem, in the mentioned event (fear Itself) when Thor died after the fight against Cul, Blake was separated from Thor, and Mjolnir work normally, later Matt Fraction get rid of Blake in the Mighty Thor issue #17, after that inverted Loki was worthy in Axis and Mjolnir work like was supposed to.

But you still can be right, because currently Aaron just ignored continuity even from the other current Asgardian books (Loki AA and Angela AA), Odin!? The new run has so many execution problems that few things make sense, but probably if Female Thor is Jane and i believe she is, because Aaron still is a professional writer and if she is Roz this arc will look like was written by kids, i think that probably he will use her current health condition to explain why Mjolnir acts differently with her, Aaron can connect that to how Dr. Strange fix the hammer, but in my perspective with a different angle from your theory, either way this always will be a very poor execution of the current creative decisions, because Thor is not a mantle, and when he is alive/present that is even more ridiculous.

undeadtribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with you that so much continuity is/has been ignored, but even counting what little continuity is left in comics, this could still be a reasonable theory.

What I'm saying is that when Dr. Strange bound Thor to Mjolnir (even more than before) it created a new sort of link between them. That's not when Donald Blake's soul would have gone there or anything and it wouldn't matter at that point whether others were worthy or that Odin still had total control. My idea is that once Blake was gotten rid of "forever" (yeah that means something in comics) his soul/spirit ended up (trapped?) in Mjolnir, because of the link he shared with both it and Thor over the decades. It was only after Thor was made aware of this fact that Donald Blake's soul/personality began to assert itself.

Look I think this whole storyline is contrived crap - I'm just trying to come up with some plausible justification for it.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By antithetical

idk, sure Blake was an integral part of Thor for decades but somehow having his spirit trapped inside Mjolnir seems unnecessarily convoluted. First Don Blake was separated from Thor and still alive at the time of the hammer's repair by Dr. Strange, & as far as anyone knows Blake could still be a conscious living disembodied head. Also even if what you say is the case why the physical transformation to resemble Thor? If Blake's spirit missed Thor so much just allow him to pick up the hammer. And then letting some woman pick you up kind of comes off as a bit creepy and negates the empowerment of women message even more than what's been going on now.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. At this point does it really matter anymore?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point there's not going to be much if anything that can legitimize the whisper, Thor being unworthy and either Roz or Jane becoming replacement Thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadtribunal:

"Look I think this whole storyline is contrived crap - I'm just trying to come up with some plausible justification for it".

Agreed... I like theories, but in Aaron's current writing nothing makes sense, and he is not worried with that, no justifications for anything, he just wants to see good sales numbers for each issue, acknowledging continuity, the Mares just craft a dream for Blake (or what is left of him, scan bellow), he is not trapped in Mjolnir, he is just dreaming, and he is not connected to Thor anymore, this Fraction run always had the objective to make the MU Thor more close to the MCU Thor, doubt that Blake will be merged with Thor again, but in Aaron's current writing anything is possible, make sense doesn't fit his vocabulary anymore.

No Caption Provided

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By antithetical

@asgaard said:

@undeadtribunal:

"Look I think this whole storyline is contrived crap - I'm just trying to come up with some plausible justification for it".

Agreed... I like theories, but in Aaron's current writing nothing makes sense, and he is not worried with that, no justifications for anything, he just wants to see good sales numbers for each issue, acknowledging continuity, the Mares just craft a dream for Blake (or what is left of him, scan bellow), he is not trapped in Mjolnir, he is just dreaming, and he is not connected to Thor anymore, this Fraction run always had the objective to make the MU Thor more close to the MCU Thor, doubt that Blake will be merged with Thor again, but in Aaron's current writing anything is possible, make sense doesn't fit his vocabulary anymore.

No Caption Provided

My thoughts on the matter as well, don't think Donald Blake is actually dead as some may claim.

undeadtribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By undeadtribunal

Nailed the Jane Foster prediction - now just need to see if the reasoning is the same.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arthurkerr

Hope not Mjolnir would have her own energy thus her own soul. Why somebody would do something so lame is beyond reason.

Then to say that they have power over the commands of a Sky Father is really bad form as well.

Odin made the enchantment he can move the sun if he so chose to do so. He should have no problem removing a enchantment that he had remeoved long ago in the first place. Then to add insult to injury Cancer would not make you worthy it would make you unworthy and you would not go to the halls of heroes but to the other place instead.

I think he got to a point where he simply did not care about story and just winged it. Like that Rulk stuff that took place when you found out it was not another of Banners hulks you simply dropped the comic. Then to make insult to readers more so it became somebody you just could not stand. Ross of all people another insult. I mean you take the story away from the main character for some unknown reason give it to a support character and wonder why people get upset. I know I for one buy a book to read about Thor not Jane , about Bruce Banner not Rulk or what ever they call him...What would make the Hulk books even more lame is if he showed up and beat Maestro with little effort and then laughed at Bruce and said...."Wonder why I ever chased you for your not worth my time" Spits in the face of a rich history.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.