Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Does Thor have Telepathy?

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He can hear prayers? Does he read minds? How does he do it?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJ62

Is there anything in comics that suggests he does??? To the best of my knowledge, no. So I think it's safe to say that he doesn't because it isn't seen or stated in the comics from what I've seen.

Though, I did hear he was immune to telepathy because he had a warrior's will or something like that, but Cap has that too so it's not like mind powers or anything.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LeeSensei

@jj62 said:

Is there anything in comics that suggests he does??? To the best of my knowledge, no. So I think it's safe to say that he doesn't because it isn't seen or stated in the comics from what I've seen.

Though, I did hear he was immune to telepathy because he had a warrior's will or something like that, but Cap has that too so it's not like mind powers or anything.

Did you read the OP? He hears and answers prayers. I'm asking how he does it? Has it been explained?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait What ?! No he does not have telepathy nor has he ever shown to have telepathy...and before you say ''He heard prayers on another planet'' that because he's a god not a telepath. If he was a telepath he would have had some defence agenst the red skull in uncanny avengers.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Wait What ?! No he does not have telepathy nor has he ever shown to have telepathy...and before you say ''He heard prayers on another planet'' that because he's a god not a telepath. If he was a telepath he would have had some defence agenst the red skull in uncanny avengers.

I'm not a Thor wanker. I'm just asking a question because I was curious about that ability.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i always thought it was a limited form of cosmic awareness

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

@leesensei: I never called you a wanker I just answers your question. And @DH69: I think your right about about that.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dh69 said:

i always thought it was a limited form of cosmic awareness

That makes sense. Cosmic Awareness. Thanks.

@z3ro180 said:

@leesensei: I never called you a wanker I just answers your question. And @DH69: I think your right about about that.

It seemed implied when you said - and before you say ''He heard prayers on another planet''.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By New_World_Order

No.

wma8706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think current Thor has other than his resistance to telepathic powers of Moondragon or Emma Frost . He does control Mjolnir and Lightning/Thunder with his mind but that's most likely magical in nature. Future Thor or King Thor with the Odin/Thor force would easily have telepathic powers. Might be magical by nature much like Dr. Strange but still telepathic. The battle between Odin vs Galactus proves it!

Mjolnir

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Thor does hear prayers but I believe he does so through some godly or mystic means. It's not telepathy.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

classic thor does have telepathy,modern thor can even create illusions

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.