Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8588 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Did Thor ever actually destroyed the planet?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

So I have a question. did Thor ever really busted a planet in Marvel 616? I ask that because there are few feats Thor has but are a little confusing or some people see them the wrong way. Like these which I wan to talk about:

Here is Thor's iconic feat of, pulling the Midgard Serpent, which is that big.

No Caption Provided

Because of how large the Serpent is, I would say the it's weight is on the Level of the planet Earth which is 6-7 quantillion tons. Now a lot of people think it is logical that if anybody can lift the planet that it can also destroy it. That is not true. Can you list a spoon? Of course, easily. But can you destroy it with a punch as easy as you lifted it? Not really. Same here. The force needed to destroy the Earth is 60 Sextillion tons which is like 10 000 greater force than liftin it. So this does not prove anything.

Another feat I want to talk about is from God Butcher story where Thor was fighting Gorr, killer of Gods. After he got a deadly wound from Nekro Sword, Thor unleashes everything he has on Gorr.

No Caption Provided

Why am I showing this scan? Because few things happened here. Thor cracked the Moon with shockwave. A shocwave!!!! Wy is that impressive? Because usually, in comics or animated shows or what ever, when powerhouses are punching, the shocwaves are usually glass, building or mountain busters (form powerhouses). But Thor cracks the Moon with a shockwave! And that Moon is really really far. And planet is taking a lot of damage as you can see nad it doesn't look like it would survive. Not to mention is that Thor is really really hurt here. So I'm asking you, did Thor bust that planet that is taking damage? Was it destroyed (narrator said that worlds around him are shattering, does that mean Thor was cracking other planets)? Also because only pure shocwave cracked to Moon which was that far and shockwaves of continental busters are cracking mountains only, does that count as planet busting feat (if that planet wasn;t destroyed already)?

Other instance I want to talk about is Beta Ray Bill busting the planet while fighting Heral of Galactus.

IIRC, Beta Ray Bill was always said to be equal to Thor in strength and Stormbreaker never showed as much abilities as Mjolnir. So if BRB can bust the planet, can Thor do it too? And if he can please explain why. This leads me to another instance where Thor was fighting BRB and easily defeated him.

What I'm trying to say is this, if Thor defeated BRB, does that mean he is planetary buster since he defeated a planetary buster? And the other thing is, we just saw Thor destroying whatever it was they were on. This place they were fighting on, is that a planet? Or was it a meteor or a Moon? What I mean is, it is too small for either of those and I remember some island being drawn as being the size of a building and it had a Vulcano on it so there is no way it was that small. Is this also the mistake of an artist and were they really fighting on the planet and Thor just destroyed it while fighting? And if it wasn't the planet, does it still prove that Thor is planetary buster since he just defeated a planetary buster like Beta Ray Bill?

Those are all instances where it looks like Thor buster the planet but some are confusing and some don't really prvoe or explain what really happened. So can you explain what really happened on these scans or post some other scan yourself which proves Thor can bust the planet?

wakandaaaa123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By wakandaaaa123

yes there have been several occasions I'll name some you haven't when thor and hyperion were trying to prevent an incursion hyperion held the planet in place while thor destroys it with his hammer and classic thor cassualy destroyed a planet with a hammer swing

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wakandaaaa123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KrleAvenger
    wakandaaaa123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry I can't find them but I'll keep on trying

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wakandaaaa123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wakandaaaa123

@krleavenger: THIS IS RIDICOULOUS WHY CAN'T I FIND ANY SCANS WHEN I ACTUALLY WANT THEM!!!!!!

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeLLic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did this happen? Just curious

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By titing2101
    No Caption Provided

i dont think thor destroyed a planet with hyperion.. there was a tech that made the rogue planet and earth in the same place afaik

Here is part of the comic

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.